Sponsored

15 fore fuel system issue ?

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
So based off my tuner the car is running lean, i pullied down but was advised tune works for all pullies through E85, anyways i was advised one of my pumps may not be working.. if one of the pumps is out wouldn't it not allow the car to crank over or feel super sluggish? Fuel system is recently installed so could it already have messed the pump up? Now regarding testing each pump, how would i go about that?
Sponsored

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
My brand new pumps had gone out not even after a combined full week of driving, no half tank and under runs or anything of the sort. Faulty batch? I don't know. And yeah, the car wont turn over without fuel pressure. You should have a fuel pressure gauge in the engine bay.

1. Turn on the car without cranking it over and then go check the fuel pressure gauge. If it's low or not even registering then it's a fuelling issue.
2. Check and make sure all of the fuses under the hood are good. There should be a piece that looks like this as well (mine was placed near the battery), make sure the fuse inside isn't popped as well.
fuel fuse.jpg

3. If all the fuses are good and you want to check the pumps. Pull one of the pumps and turn on the car without cranking it over, again. Then test the other. Whichever isn't reading then that's the culprit. If they're both not reading then yeah they're both bad.
4. If they're both bad, you should have a warranty with Fore. Have them check out both of the pumps and see what they say on covering you on new pumps.

In my situation I think my pumps were weak from the start because the new ones they've sent me are MUCH louder than the ones I ordered and had gotten installed originally.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
How much gas did you have in the tank? Most return style systems dont have the bucket in tank that acts like a surge tank. If you were below about half or 1/4 tank the fuel could have gone to the back of the tank and the pumps sucked up air possibly?

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Torino GT
I hate to say anything negative about Fore but I must. I had three separate failures with pumps from Fore. Saying they didn't care is an understatement. The last time burnt out the fuel hat. I always checked my e85 and even used fuel water separator funnel on every tank. I never let that needle travel too far past half a tank as well.

I would never do business with Fore again. I didn't even get 80 miles on my car before the first set failed. I don't mind paying but replacing pumps three separate times is aggravating. So far no problems on the last set of pumps put 4.5-5k miles.

Edit : removed duplicate word.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
In my situation I think my pumps were weak from the start because the new ones they've sent me are MUCH louder than the ones I ordered and had gotten installed originally.

I will follow this procedure, i checked fuses and all checked out.. tomorrow i will be checking pumps per that procedure. I do have a Gauge in the engine bay which is good.

If you were below about half or 1/4 tank the fuel could have gone to the back of the tank and the pumps sucked up air possibly?

The car has never seen anything under 1/4th except for maybe one or two occasions but certainly will check on that going forward.

I hate to say anything negative about about Fore but I must.
I can agree, i been a fan and i am always proud of telling people im on a Fore fuel system but until further inspection and some calls i'll see if i can say the same in the future.

Sponsored

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking a bad batch...The three failures happened within the course of two months. Truly hope you have a better experience.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
You can test your pumps by disconnecting the pump wires and touching them to a battery. I’ve done several installs and I use a spare battery I have to prime the system which is also how you can test a pump anytime.
Your car will start and drive fine with one pump running. It’s when you get in to full throttle or boost that the second pump is able to supply the demand and I’m referring to that both your pumps are running full time.
Do you have an FC3 or FC2? Sometimes dual pump systemswith an FC3 get hooked up wrong. The FC3 runs both pumps on hook up #2 and #3 with a single activation wire; Hook up #1 ha it’s own activation wire and is usually set up with a hobbs switch in triple pump systems.
Either way, sounds like you have a pump down or are wired wrong. Make sure your pressure regulator is set correctly with vacuum not connected. A single pump will create enough base pressure.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You can test your pumps by disconnecting the pump wires and touching them to a battery. I’ve done several installs and I use a spare battery I have to prime the system which is also how you can test a pump anytime.
Your car will start and drive fine with one pump running. It’s when you get in to full throttle or boost that the second pump is able to supply the demand and I’m referring to that both your pumps are running full time.
Do you have an FC3 or FC2? Sometimes dual pump systemswith an FC3 get hooked up wrong. The FC3 runs both pumps on hook up #2 and #3 with a single activation wire; Hook up #1 ha it’s own activation wire and is usually set up with a hobbs switch in triple pump systems.
Either way, sounds like you have a pump down or are wired wrong. Make sure your pressure regulator is set correctly with vacuum not connected. A single pump will create enough base pressure.
I was going to say the same thing that the car will turn over, start and operate fine. You may never even know that there’s a problem until it is to late.
don’t know how the kit is run but If it has relays you can jump the relays one at a time to test the pumps

Jed S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jedidiah
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Stage 2 Mustang GT
I also had a set go bad after 3K miles. I ordered those pumps last winter. They died mid summer. Think one went and then all the shrapnel starting killing the second one. They were 267s. Replaced them and hoping they don’t die again. Pay lots to get the best and the pumps didn’t last for even half a year -_- “had to be user error” I was told. I never let it go under half a tank or and always checked my e85. Happy it didn’t happen while going down the track, could’ve costed me an engine.

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Had to be user error" that's what they said to me as well. I never want to say anything negative to hurt ones business but I didn't realize is was happening this frequently. I just ate it, replaced them, kept it to myself and moved on. Three failures within two months.

Sponsored

Jed S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jedidiah
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Stage 2 Mustang GT
"Had to be user error" that's what they said to me as well. I never want to say anything negative to hurt ones business but I didn't realize is was happening this frequently. I just ate it, replaced them, kept it to myself and moved on. Three failures within two months.
Me too, they are very nice and helped me build my system but when they died, was my fault lol. I’d these die, I’ll probably just go a size up to 274s, maybe it is just the 267s?

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me too, they are very nice and helped me build my system but when they died, was my fault lol. I’d these die, I’ll probably just go a size up to 274s, maybe it is just the 267s?
I went up after the first time. It's sad it happened so frequently I can't keep track of what what was available. The kit is impressive, all the lines and fittings are solid. Shame we have had those issues with the pumps.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
My 267’s have been running for over 2 years. Daily driven, road course and probably running E85 98% of the time. Both have been running full time since I installed them. There is warnings about a lot of counterfeits out there but if they came from Fore that is highly unlikely. I am aware anything can happen and that sucks that those who have had them and lost them very early in their life.

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 267’s have been running for over 2 years. Daily driven, road course and probably running E85 98% of the time. Both have been running full time since I installed them. There is warnings about a lot of counterfeits out there but if they came from Fore that is highly unlikely. I am aware anything can happen and that sucks that those who have had them and lost them very early in their life.
It's the cost of performance...you wanna play you gotta pay. We all expect reliability when we don't skimp on quality though. I did hear of the counterfeit rumor though. Who knows.. I'm glad your girls running strong.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Check the fuses in your controller. I had a 274 pump in my dual pump fore hat go bad after about a year and a half of use and it blew a fuse in my fc3 controller. Scared me a little, the car still ran and drove perfect on one pump but was real lean in datalogs. I ended up buying a triple pump hat for safety because if a pump goes in the future and I don't catch it Ill still have 2 pumps running to protect my new engine.
Sponsored