Sponsored

10R80 Burnout Track TT

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Yes. I did the Baers front & rear as well. I had to get them seasoned/bedded for it to hold. Now it works great. She’ll love it!
How do you get them “seasoned/bedded “ ?

In my 2015 Hellion car ,when I first did the aerospace front brakes the OEM traction line lock would hold .
When I then added the rears it would not hold for some reason. I ended up adding the JPC kit and it works but not had the chance to try it out at the strip .
723CF3ED-E2C1-445F-9406-BF7BC7F1E05B.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
How do you get them “seasoned/bedded “ ?

In my 2015 Hellion car ,when I first did the aerospace front brakes the OEM traction line lock would hold .
When I then added the rears it would not hold for some reason. I ended up adding the JPC kit and it works but not had the chance to try it out at the strip .
723CF3ED-E2C1-445F-9406-BF7BC7F1E05B.jpeg
Baer sent instructions. It’s a series of stops from 60-15 at different pedal pressures. Let it sit overnight and do it again. Kind of a PIA, but worked

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I'm sorry, I must've missed that in the OP's original thread....
You didn’t miss it and “powerbraking” is fine, but everyone that posted uses or wants to use the line lock for a reason

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I do my (low rpm) burn out in 1st gear w/line locks on, advance trac off, shifter in "S", and drag mode selected!

I'll give 2nd gear a try next season!!

Sponsored

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
For those putting the selector in S, what advantage does that give? With my selector in D, I am able to paddle shift to 2nd and when in drag or track mode, it seems to stay there as long as I don't approach redline for long enough to do a burnout. Is it that the car may shift to 3rd prematurely and not hold 2nd gear long enough to complete a good burnout?

I'll be going to the track on Friday with some MT ET Streets (bias ply) so i'll want to make sure I warm them up well.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I can't seem to hold the desired gear when in Drive.
So with the car in Drag mode/advance track off, and shifter in Sport, I use the left paddle to down shift into 1st gear and (after my burn out) then hold down the right paddle for (2) seconds (shifting into 2nd gear and releasing the full standard shift option) while rolling into the staging area. I then launch from 2nd gear and let the car shift the tranny as programmed (I'm still using the factory tune). And as a result (of not being in Drive) the car doesn't down shift into 1st at the line, plus shifts into higher gears at higher RPMs.

qtrmiler2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Shifter in drive.Press brake pedal.Hit gas pedal.Watch tach and let it shift on its own.Then roll out of box under power.Its that easy beleive it or not.lol

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Shifter in drive.Press brake pedal.Hit gas pedal.Watch tach and let it shift on its own.Then roll out of box under power.Its that easy beleive it or not.lol
It is that easy, unless you have $1200 rear brakes!‍

qtrmiler2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Well when you have to ask how to do a burn out.I dont think they have 1200 dollars in the rear brakes.

Sponsored

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
I keep mine in drive, but I might try starting it in second tomorrow. Either my unit is going out or my brakes are holding sometimes on the rear with one wheel peel. It never did that before I changed the breaks to Baer.

It doesn't do it all the time, but enough to warrant a change.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
F the stock line lock. Just lightly hold the footbrake to keep the car from rolling forward. Barely have to hold it once you light the tires up. So easy. Also, regardless of which method you use, do all your other setup stuff BEFORE you pull up to the water box. You can set Drag Mode, AdvanceTrack OFF, and even the stock line lock up to the initialization part.

And I have $1500 Baer Eradispeed 2-piece rotors all around on my car. No increased wear worth mentioning. Don't worry about it and don't overthink it. Just have fun and send that bitch!!!!

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
F the stock line lock. Just lightly hold the footbrake to keep the car from rolling forward. Barely have to hold it once you light the tires up. So easy. Also, regardless of which method you use, do all your other setup stuff BEFORE you pull up to the water box. You can set Drag Mode, AdvanceTrack OFF, and even the stock line lock up to the initialization part.
Jason,

It works good, but definitely takes a few times to master. Every now and then I'll foot brake it in a rush during a bracket race or I hit a sloped spot when I start to initialize it. I do like the fact that it doesn't wear on those with "fancy" brakes.

You heading to MIR tonight? I thought about it, but I'm still in the office sending emails and will skip this one.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
You heading to MIR tonight? I thought about it, but I'm still in the office sending emails and will skip this one.
No MIR for me tonight. Going to a track rental on Nov 15 up at Cecil. Might do another track rental that is being talked about on Nov 20 at MIR though.
Sponsored