Sponsored

10000 mile alignment

Drivun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2007 Corvette, 1997 M3, 1972 Challenger, 1972 El Camino, 1967 Mustang GT 390, 1966 Corvette
Getting ready to book ‘19 Bullitt in for 10000 mile service and see that my dealer includes a $129 alignment. Do our cars need ongoing “service”alignments? Done +100k in BMWs and Vettes since 1995 and only aligned when I modded suspension, did suspension repairs , hit something or saw weird tire wear. Thx
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Getting ready to book ‘19 Bullitt in for 10000 mile service and see that my dealer includes a $129 alignment. Do our cars need ongoing “service”alignments? Done +100k in BMWs and Vettes since 1995 and only aligned when I modded suspension, did suspension repairs , hit something or saw weird tire wear. Thx
They do because of the rubber bushings at the back alignment is moving from time to time depending on driving. If I were you I would do an alignment.

OP
OP

Drivun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2007 Corvette, 1997 M3, 1972 Challenger, 1972 El Camino, 1967 Mustang GT 390, 1966 Corvette
Anyone else with opinion/experience? Over a 100 of you read this - did you all get an alignment at 10000 miles with no suspension/tire changes? Suspect this is an unnecessary dealer money maker. Its not routine Ford service element. This is a daily driver but only does 500 miles monthly with no track time. Still not understanding why 2019 Bullitt bushings would have more movement than cars with older rubber technology - 96 & 97 M3s or O7 gymkhna package Vette. Tire shop sees no unusual treadwear. I don't see anything in the forum search indicating people are doing this on daily drivers every 10000 miles.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I am at 33k and have not done one. No pull at all. My front tires wore on the inside before I changed them but that is normal on these cars from the factory as far as I know.

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Had mine checked at 10K and it was all green. I did it because my Volvo ate both front tires due to poor alignment when it was way too new to be worried about such things (12k or so). Sold a GTI that had over 200k miles and it never needed an alignment. It's all a crap-shoot as far as I can tell.

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
yes and no. How are your current t tires wearing. Look carefully for inside or outside wearing faster. You really got to get down under to se the rears for careful inspection. I ve had new cars come from dealer that can be off spec and I ve had cars 60K with no alignments done.
I would go by the current tire inspection. although $129 and you know they are good is nice insurance before you ruin a set of tires. So yes and no but it s your call.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
I am at 33k and have not done one. No pull at all. My front tires wore on the inside before I changed them but that is normal on these cars from the factory as far as I know.
interesting. i was wondering about his. i had to replace the front PS4s on mine around maybe 24k as the insides were very, very worn, and the rest of the tire looked pretty good. i bought the car with 18k, so no idea if theyre the original tires. id kind of think they are with that mileage.

any idea why they are set up this way from the factory? is there a downside to adjusting for more even tread wear? im pretty lacking in knowledge in this area.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If your car has never had an alignment and its still on the factory job, its probably a good idea (but I'd NEVER go to the dealership for that, they're not very likely to give a crap about doing anything other than getting it inside the approximate ballpark)

Very frequent alignment interval - once every year - probably excessive for most people.
Pretty frequent - once every tire change - this is what I'd actually recommend.
Minimum frequency - once every two tire changes. Less than that and your alignment is probably wandering away from you.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
interesting. i was wondering about his. i had to replace the front PS4s on mine around maybe 24k as the insides were very, very worn, and the rest of the tire looked pretty good. i bought the car with 18k, so no idea if theyre the original tires. id kind of think they are with that mileage.

any idea why they are set up this way from the factory? is there a downside to adjusting for more even tread wear? im pretty lacking in knowledge in this area.
P4S (and PSS before them) seem to give up the ghost on the inside edge of the tread, regardless if your alignment is spot on perfect, conservative for tire wear, or aggressive for handling. If you got 24k out of them, you did pretty good. Have the alignment checked to be sure to make sure its in the right range.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If your car has never had an alignment and its still on the factory job, its probably a good idea (but I'd NEVER go to the dealership for that, they're not very likely to give a crap about doing anything other than getting it inside the approximate ballpark)

Very frequent alignment interval - once every year - probably excessive for most people.
Pretty frequent - once every tire change - this is what I'd actually recommend.
Minimum frequency - once every two tire changes. Less than that and your alignment is probably wandering away from you.
I just got 4 new tires and was shocked by the fronts. Along with the new wheels I think I need to get one.

Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
P4S (and PSS before them) seem to give up the ghost on the inside edge of the tread, regardless if your alignment is spot on perfect, conservative for tire wear, or aggressive for handling. If you got 24k out of them, you did pretty good. Have the alignment checked to be sure to make sure its in the right range.
:rockon: thanks. been planning on it, had an appointment set last month to have it checked but got busy with work and had to cancel. maybe ill go ahead and make a new one for the hell of it after reading all this today.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I think it s worth the small amount of money in your situation but thats provided the tech doing the work is good. That s where I always wonder if it s worth it.
I walked away from a Ford dealer on purchase day of 2019 PP2 car because they couldn't tget the alignment in the green and told me it s ok anyway. Sloppy workmanship IMO.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think it s worth the small amount of money in your situation but thats provided the tech doing the work is good. That s where I always wonder if it s worth it.
I walked away from a Ford dealer on purchase day of 2019 PP2 car because they couldn't tget the alignment in the green and told me it s ok anyway. Sloppy workmanship IMO.
There is a highly recommended alignment guy here in Cali that was awesome ratings online and here in the local sections. It is an hour away but I'm driving it. When I see stuff like this I am in.

1628800113709.png

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@43k on my 2018, never aligned since new and it tracks as damn straight as it will on crowned roads. I can let go and it tracks without me having to coerce it back in line.

The thing is, every vehicle is different as far as specs and tolerances - even taking the same 2 vehicles side by side with exact suspensions, tires and assembly line build dates - neither will track like the other.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@43k on my 2018, never aligned since new and it tracks as damn straight as it will on crowned roads. I can let go and it tracks without me having to coerce it back in line.

The thing is, every vehicle is different as far as specs and tolerances - even taking the same 2 vehicles side by side with exact suspensions, tires and assembly line build dates - neither will track like the other.
At 43k I'm assuming you've changed tires. Did you have the wear on the inside as well? My car drives straight as an arrow which is why I haven't done it yet. I'm afraid it will drive different if I get it done.
Sponsored