1/2 mile thread!

OP
OP

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I ran their 285/35/19 555 G2 at one event and their 555r 315/35/17 at another. both did fine but ill be on mickeys this time around for tractions sake
Sponsored

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No drag radial is designed for 1/2 mile. That being said everyone runs drag radials. I run the Nitto NT05R. I also see MT ET Street Rs and Toyo R888Rs.

Yup that's what I've heard too. I was looking into the ET Street R's by MT but wasn't sure about how stable they would be at high speeds. R888s and R888Rs seem like a good choice in the end. I was thinking about the Hoosier R7s as well.

I ran their 285/35/19 555 G2 at one event and their 555r 315/35/17 at another. both did fine but ill be on mickeys this time around for tractions sake
Yea traction is my main issue. Have you asked around about the mickeys and any issues with running them?

OP
OP

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yup that's what I've heard too. I was looking into the ET Street R's by MT but wasn't sure about how stable they would be at high speeds. R888s and R888Rs seem like a good choice in the end. I was thinking about the Hoosier R7s as well.

Yea traction is my main issue. Have you asked around about the mickeys and any issues with running them?

Most of the higher HP cars run the ET R on a 17 inch wheel. Yolodouchbag did, Burnin4 on here did in his 1100whp TT car and a few other S550's have. they seem to hold up pretty good! but like Barrel said they really aren't designed for that. even with the Drag radials in Ocala I was still blowing the tires off at 70-80- because the runway isnt very high quality pavement

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
That's Impressive, if you're still on Stock Motor I believe you have the record as far as im aware. yolodouchebag went 173 in Lunds orange whipple car a few years ago and Injected engineering went 171 in a Hellion car but I believe you have the Fastest stock longblock so far
Missed this. No, it's not a stock block. I might have one of the fastest MT82 cars though.

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the higher HP cars run the ET R on a 17 inch wheel. Yolodouchbag did, Burnin4 on here did in his 1100whp TT car and a few other S550's have. they seem to hold up pretty good! but like Barrel said they really aren't designed for that. even with the Drag radials in Ocala I was still blowing the tires off at 70-80- because the runway isnt very high quality pavement
Thanks for the info man. Yes, I've heard that from a lot of people that drag radials are not the way to go. Makes sense, this runway that I will be running on is not very smooth but it's pretty decent. I'll most likely go with the ET Street R's if not then I'll end up going with the Hoosier R7s.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Missed this. No, it's not a stock block. I might have one of the fastest MT82 cars though.
i was about to say yours is really taking some abuse lol

Id like to refresh mine this winter if it survives this season

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Did some 100% stock passes at Dallas WGF this weekend to benchmark my car before the Whipple goes on. Best pass was 143.2mph

OP
OP

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I am seriously thinking about adding a Trunk mount ice tank to the car before May 19th. I haven't logged a run but I imagine IAT's get pretty high towards the end of the track. anyone have any data on that?

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Ambient air was about 50 degrees on a pass where I was paying attention. IATs got to about 25* over ambient staging (normally 3* cruising around) and went well over 100* over ambient across the finish line. I'm at about 18 psi at redline.

Sponsored

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is there a good thread of how you guys are prepping or deciding on parts for these runs? I'm just now starting to order parts for the 1mi run next year, but wouldn't mind giving it a shot at the 1/2mi.

Just ordered my Fore system with ID1050x to get retuned for E85 and piecing together a trunk ice tank myself.

OP
OP

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Is there a good thread of how you guys are prepping or deciding on parts for these runs? I'm just now starting to order parts for the 1mi run next year, but wouldn't mind giving it a shot at the 1/2mi.

Just ordered my Fore system with ID1050x to get retuned for E85 and piecing together a trunk ice tank myself.
I think most of us casual guys have the same basic stuff everyone else does.

I will say 3 things I think are the most crucial are a 1 piece driveshaft, Good Fueling ( E85/Race Fuel) and OPG/CS for those long 5th gear pulls at 160. and once you get over 800 id say a bigger coolant tank for the blower should be high on your list too. that's what im looking at next along with some aero mods

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Yeah fueling and cooling are really high priorities. My PP radiator was getting overwhelmed pretty quickly after 2 runs and the oil temps were getting out of hand as well. Added the Mishimoto radiator and Reische 170* tstat and that helped considerably for coolant and somewhat for oil thanks to the water/oil cooler. What kept underhood temps down as well as front end/hood lift were the Trackspec hood vents.

Last if you're going to really be rolling is a good set of lowering springs and maybe some upgraded dampers for high speed stability.

And after my fueling incident last weekend I'm redoing my fuel system and exploring meth injection.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
3.31 gears.