Sponsored

1/2 mile thread!

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Ill be shooting for 200 this fall in Dallas.
Have you done 1/2 mile before? You have a lot of open area in the grill for 200+.
Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Have you done 1/2 mile before? You have a lot of open area in the grill for 200+.
Lost my stock motor with the Whipple at one.

OP
OP

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Ill be shooting for 200 this fall in Dallas.

I think LPF has the only coyote ( relatively streetable one anyways) running 200 in the half. Be cool if you could beat it!

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I think LPF has the only coyote ( relatively streetable one anyways) running 200 in the half. Be cool if you could beat it!
I think I was there for that one in Dallas when it broke 200. It was not easy and they were making every bit of 1300rwhp. Made a couple 190+ passes before they got there. Biggest trouble (and what we all struggle with) is traction on launch. They kept messing with boost ramp to get it off the line - pretty much leaving on idle.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I was there for that one in Dallas when it broke 200. It was not easy and they were making every bit of 1300rwhp. Made a couple 190+ passes before they got there. Biggest trouble (and what we all struggle with) is traction on launch. They kept messing with boost ramp to get it off the line - pretty much leaving on idle.
Power should be there. We maxed out the dyno at 180mph. 1250@6k on 26psi. Going to up to 30. But I am worried about aerodynamics and traction. I only had three goals on this build, streetable, 8 second quarter and 200 in the half. I guess time will tell. Lol

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Put it as low to the ground as you can get it and only allow as much air through the front grill as you need and throw all the power at it that tires still hold over 100mph.

The 200 club is pretty exclusive, even these days. You'll very likely be in first place for the RWD class.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still pretty much stock height. I’m thinking about ordering the stock grills and throwing them in. Hoping the mt’s on my 15’s will work well for traction. Not sure if I want to run skinneys up front tho.

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What are some simple aerodynamic items are you considering? I'm doing the Texas Mile next month for the first time and I've really only added Trackspec hood vents. Would be nice to get some tips and tricks on our cars before I attempt it.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are some simple aerodynamic items are you considering? I'm doing the Texas Mile next month for the first time and I've really only added Trackspec hood vents. Would be nice to get some tips and tricks on our cars before I attempt it.
Hood pins lol. I have a video floating around on here showing the stock hood raising a couple inches. lol

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Paying attention to advice here. All I have is biased ply slicks or 19MT SS DR. Thinking a new pair of drag radials is best chioce for me.

Sponsored

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Hood pins lol. I have a video floating around on here showing the stock hood raising a couple inches. lol
A CF hood and aero latches has made a huge difference for me. The stock hood would wave at me at 60mph. The new setup is WAY MORE STABLE!

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
i think you will. I did 165 with about 720-740rwhp. I think atleast 800 would be needed for 170 but I could be wrong. weather probably affects this a lot too
Yeah you need 800 or more for 170.
I'm hoping to crack 170 with 750 on premium pump gas. Ocala's elevation and the weather will be the ideal place. In all the half miles I've done, stock 15-17 S550s have trapped low-mid 130s and I ran 143.2 stock. The A10 and better aero on the 18+ definitely helps. Guess we'll see.

If you guys are at Ocala, stop and say hi. I'm bringing one of the Ford engineers with me from work and we always like to talk with Ford fans.

OP
OP

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm hoping to crack 170 with 750 on premium pump gas. Ocala's elevation and the weather will be the ideal place. In all the half miles I've done, stock 15-17 S550s have trapped low-mid 130s and I ran 143.2 stock. The A10 and better aero on the 18+ definitely helps. Guess we'll see.

If you guys are at Ocala, stop and say hi. I'm bringing one of the Ford engineers with me from work and we always like to talk with Ford fans.

I think Ocala is your best chance. That is where I ran my 165, it was about 50 degrees that morning. Perfect weather! I would grab a 3.5 pulley and send it.

Heres a tire height calculator and mph/rpm calculator I have been using if anyone needs them

https://tiresize.com/height-calculator/

http://www.wallaceracing.com/gear-speed.php

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For the Texas Mile we have to use tires with load, heat, and speed ratings greater than OEM requirements. So that rules out MT and all bias ply tires :(

Hoosier A7/R7 are allowed though so I plan on getting some 315/40/18 R7s to slap on the rear. Toyo R888s were another consideration if I can find the right size.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks

I'm pretty sure I'll be there - look out for the bright yellow '15!

170 is hard. I was only able to get 172 last year at Ocala - traction just wouldn't let me get momentum for the first 1/8 mile of the track and I couldn't get to redline (and peak boost) until 3rd. Generally I recommend staying out of the rubber at the line and try to find some bare runway. The street tire rubber people leave at the line is very slick - feels like the parking lot of a car wash even just walking on it.

172 was good enough for 2nd place in the manual class on Saturday and I think 3rd or 4th on Sunday. I think I was under 2mph away from 1st on Saturday. Just to give you guys some idea as to the competition and traction issues everyone had. Humidity can be an issue in the mornings there - your car and the ground will be covered with dew. The track dries out quickly but keep that in mind for your first run.

Skinnies are fine up to a certain speed...hard to tell exactly what that will be until you need a chute as it depends on the car. I plan on 180 but I also have 275s up front and Baer brakes since I don't use a chute. Ocala has a good 2500ft of brake zone - Dallas was similar - so there's space. But you also want to give your car a chance if the back end sticks out at speed that you have enough grip up front to get it back in line.

For my manual trans brothers out there - stay out of 6th gear. Most people have the gearing in 5th but I used to have 3.73s which limited me to 171. I switched to 3.31 when I did my max effort build and ran 176 in Dallas.

I have something like 200 half mile passes at 7 events. Happy to give advice and help where I can. And finally I wanna plug safety. I watched a guy lose his life in New Orleans going over 200mph- if you've got a fast car, have fast-car safety on board!
Sponsored