Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
It's always funny when criminals try to run in slow cars. You aren't getting away with your Nissan Altima, just racking up charges.

Stock mustang gt would have a challenge in getting away from most police. Most newer police cars can hit 150+. Stock mustang gt is limited to 155 so pretty pointless to run.
Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Aside from being a felon, thief, murderer, multiple parolee or having any other major history to one's name - I don't have the slightest idea why anyone who DOESN'T thinks it would be best to flee from a traffic stop...

If the license tag is legit to the car, they're going to find you one way or another... even if you are able to beat the radio.

What's worse, paying a traffic fine - or now paying big $$$ and having a record if the fleeing/evading charges stick?

Or maybe it's just getting to be a "dumb celebrity" and You Tube likes ... 🤔
Especially if you have lots of money. Throw it at lawyers to knock down your tickets. That's what all the rich car YouTubers do, pull over, then pay a few thousand for a lawyer to handle it.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's always funny when criminals try to run in slow cars. You aren't getting away with your Nissan Altima, just racking up charges.

Stock mustang gt would have a challenge in getting away from most police. Most newer police cars can hit 150+. Stock mustang gt is limited to 155 so pretty pointless to run.
A stock GT has no real issue outrunning any police vehicle in the straights in pure acceleration, but it's not faster by enough margin to let any tom, dick, or harry get away scot free like say a GT500 would. If you're a good driver and know the area, you could pull it off. But most people can't.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
A stock GT has no real issue outrunning any police vehicle in the straights in pure acceleration, but it's not faster by enough margin to let any tom, dick, or harry get away scot free like say a GT500 would. If you're a good driver and know the area, you could pull it off. But most people can't.
I think a stock GT would have a very hard time getting away from police that can go 150. Sure if the police car is older and they can only go 130 you have a chance.

You have to remember police have the advantage. They can be far from you and still see you and they have lights and sirens so people move out of their way.

When a cop is going 150 in a straight line and the mustang is only going 155, the mustang is totally screwed. It’s all about top speed with these things. A tuned bolt on gt that can go 180 has a much better chance.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I think a stock GT would have a very hard time getting away from police that can go 150. Sure if the police car is older and they can only go 130 you have a chance.

You have to remember police have the advantage. They can be far from you and still see you and they have lights and sirens so people move out of their way.

When a cop is going 150 in a straight line and the mustang is only going 155, the mustang is totally screwed. It’s all about top speed with these things. A tuned bolt on gt that can go 180 has a much better chance.
I get what you're saying, but it's not purely about total top speed. If both cars are just going down a perfectly straight road, then yes, the cop can keep you in sight. But if you watched this video, the Mustang was easily pulling away from the Charger. The Mustang can get to its top speed much more quickly than the Charger can, which gives you distance. Distance equates to time. On a curvy road like this, it could give you enough time to break sight lines and make a turn off. The reason this guy couldn't get away is because he kept slowing down for turns and was clearly unfamiliar with the area. The advantage in the straights was lost entirely because the cop knew how to drive and take the corners faster.

I agree that outrunning the cops in general is tough when you don't have a massive power advantage, but I'm just saying that it's possible if you know your car and where you're going. Taking risks also helps your chances. Cops have lights and sirens, yes, but they also are trained to slow down going through red lights and 4 way stops and such. They also struggle to take corners at any sort of fast pace. Not because they aren't trained in how to drive, but the cars just aren't really corner carvers loaded down with equipment and riding on skinny tires.

Sponsored

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
I have been watching this type of YouTube video for quite awhile now. The Arkansas cop has his own following. Watch late at night if you can't fall asleep! The ones in California are narrated and pretty funny. Some are way too long.

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Even if the driver of any fast S550 Stang would manage to outrun the police, they are definitely going to be apprehended when they stop at a gas station to refuel. Keeping fuel in our Bullitt has always seemed to be a problem, but its miles of smiles!

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I get what you're saying, but it's not purely about total top speed. If both cars are just going down a perfectly straight road, then yes, the cop can keep you in sight. But if you watched this video, the Mustang was easily pulling away from the Charger. The Mustang can get to its top speed much more quickly than the Charger can, which gives you distance. Distance equates to time. On a curvy road like this, it could give you enough time to break sight lines and make a turn off. The reason this guy couldn't get away is because he kept slowing down for turns and was clearly unfamiliar with the area. The advantage in the straights was lost entirely because the cop knew how to drive and take the corners faster.

I agree that outrunning the cops in general is tough when you don't have a massive power advantage, but I'm just saying that it's possible if you know your car and where you're going. Taking risks also helps your chances. Cops have lights and sirens, yes, but they also are trained to slow down going through red lights and 4 way stops and such. They also struggle to take corners at any sort of fast pace. Not because they aren't trained in how to drive, but the cars just aren't really corner carvers loaded down with equipment and riding on skinny tires.
Why they have such a hard time with that “Unbeaten” Charger. That car not only has the straight line speed it’s definitely set up for corners and the driver knows the area and knows how to drive. The only way I see that Charger taking an L is if they use a well set up Corvette, or something like a GT500 that isn’t weighed down like the rest of the other police cars.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If the police get close enough to see your license plate and get the number, it would be completely foolish to flee. Nobody can outrun a radio plus they know where you live.

Yes I could see if you can make 1 or 2 quick turns and get away there is a slight chance. But if you try opening it up and driving down a major highway you are just driving towards more police that already know where you are and which direction you are heading.

And unless you just killed someone and have the bloody knife sitting on your passenger seat, the consequences of fleeing are much worse than just taking the ticket. That's why I never drive triple digits on public roads. I am fine with the chance of getting a speeding ticket for 10 over or something, but I don't want to go to jail for doing something really reckless.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
that dude coulda gotten away half a dozen times…

but also…

the cop coulda taken him out half a dozen times 😂

for even more Arkansas fun, checkout YouTube for the Hellcats with blackout lights giving them fits over there…

Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
If the police get close enough to see your license plate and get the number, it would be completely foolish to flee. Nobody can outrun a radio plus they know where you live.

Yes I could see if you can make 1 or 2 quick turns and get away there is a slight chance. But if you try opening it up and driving down a major highway you are just driving towards more police that already know where you are and which direction you are heading.

And unless you just killed someone and have the bloody knife sitting on your passenger seat, the consequences of fleeing are much worse than just taking the ticket. That's why I never drive triple digits on public roads. I am fine with the chance of getting a speeding ticket for 10 over or something, but I don't want to go to jail for doing something really reckless.
No they need to put you behind the wheel and identify you, the owner, as the driver. If the cops come to your house with or without an arrest warrant you don’t say anything. You get a lawyer and let him do all the talking. The cops have to prove that you were behind the wheel and there’s nothing that compels you to testify against yourself or anyone.

I had an off duty cop race me in his Mustang when I had my corvette about 12 yrs ago. Needless to say he lost and got embarrassed to say the least. He got a buddy of his to come and arrest me. I got a lawyer. They gave me 5 tickets charged me with 2 felony. I wanted a jury trial to put the cop on the stand. They kept wanting me to plead out. I wouldn’t and they dropped all the charges at the end of the day and I never said anything. I saw him at the local street racers hang out a few months later and I looked at him and he looked at me. He was working. I walked up and I said “You look familiar.” He said that he had no idea who I was paid for his crap and walked off. 😂

Lesson here is always keep your mouth shut and let them prove your guilt even if they have you dead to rights.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
cool vid, that was some tight roads to be doing 100 plus. doesn t take much of an event to kill yourself or someone else. it s harder to run after a wreck too.
I didn t think he d get away, I was surprised to see it take so long for a backup unit to get out in front of them they way they finally did.
Takes some steady nerves too on both their parts.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
what did the lawyer cost for that??
$500 he charged me a flat fee because it never went to court. We didn’t have to present anything. It was considered simple traffic court.