Sponsored

MAPerformance: EBM Stock Block HP Record 501whp/464wtq (STD) | *New Video Added*

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Well, just so happens two of the top Ecoboost Mustang development companies were able to cover some ground today! Definitely an exciting day for the Ecoboost community!

As you may know I have been searching for the limits of the factory engine in the EBM. In no way do I recommend anyone to go out and push their vehicle to these limits, we are clearly playing with a time bomb here but we want to prove that it can be done.

Next step - Track times. I am hoping to ditch a little early from a company gathering this weekend and hit the track to see what this beast can do.

Here is the current setup on the car:

MAP 5858 turbo kit
MAP cat back with resonators
MAP intercooler
Tuned by yours truly
29psi on pump gas / RaceGas mix

Stock block, stock rods, stock bearings, stock pistons, stock head, stock cams, stock valvetrain.

Video will be posted soon, it is just from my phone as I was a little pumped but an official video will be made in the next day or two!

Here is the dynograph. The dyno tach signal is a little finicky sometimes so there is a small dip around 4.5K but that was false based on my datalogs.

Fuel is back on as we aren't on E30 anymore, so fuel is getting finicky but not 100% out of the question. We won't be making anymore power however until our fuel system is done, we are just pushing the limits now. As FFTEC stated the map sensor does need to be upgraded at this point and we will use whatever they sell unless we sort out a solution ourselves, but fuel system upgrade is priority at this time as we will be able to make more power with less boost in the future.

[ame]

Just a heads up, when the pull is started at 1500rpms the 5858 Journal Bearing turbo on this car hits 29psi at 3950rpms. Not bad for Journal bearing ;).

New Video (6/22/15)

[ame]

BIG SHOUT OUT TO BRADEN @ COBB!!! HE HAS BEEN GREAT AT HELPING WITH SOME SOFTWARE TWEAKS!!! COBB IS THE BEST!
Sponsored

Last edited:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
DAYUMMMM! Congrats Adam, Very impressive!

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Jeez. Stock internals still? How high will they go? They can't be safe at that level yet, definitely interested in seeing when they finally let loose.

Can you measure your compression somehow? I'm curious to see if the rods are squished a little bit haha. I've had a friend with a terminator pull his heads to find his pistons were sitting quite a bit low at TDC.

Bomicino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost
Nice results, congrats. When the fuel system gets sorted out, can E30 make comparable power?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Jeez. Stock internals still? How high will they go? They can't be safe at that level yet, definitely interested in seeing when they finally let loose.

Can you measure your compression somehow? I'm curious to see if the rods are squished a little bit haha. I've had a friend with a terminator pull his heads to find his pistons were sitting quite a bit low at TDC.
I have the factory PTD height from our second engine that we are building. We got it as a complete factory sealed longblock so the specs are dead on. I will compare to the motor that is in the car now when it comes out to see what the measurements are.

We are definitely in the territory of this engine letting go, but the tune is so solid its hard to say when it will actually let go. I'm going to assume it will be the ignition having a misfire that might make this thing go. The cylinder pressures are intense I'm sure.

Nice results, congrats. When the fuel system gets sorted out, can E30 make comparable power?

E30 was maxed out at 445whp/430wtq. Even with more fuel there wasn't enough timing left in it to make anymore power. E85 will be a different story.

Please don't blow it up before this weekend.

It have good axles? Gonna run a DR?
The car is completely stock besides our production products, and a prototype rear trailing arm bushing. I will probably put some Steeda products on the car before we hit the track. I have their full 2015+ product line stocked right now and it is great stuff. Can't wit to get it on!

No drag radials, stock tires. Will get some radials, wheels, and hopefully a clutch solution for when we go all out with the built motor.

AngelOreo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JimmyG
Vehicle(s)
2015 - Ecoboost Premium - 6mt - Deep Impact
Nice Work.

AngelOreo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JimmyG
Vehicle(s)
29psi on pump gas / RaceGas mix
For us math people... How many gallons of what Octane plus how much Race gas?

Simply.. tuned roughly for what octane tune?

Last edited:

AngelOreo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JimmyG
Vehicle(s)
Who.. mee.. err.. uhm..

Not at all!!

Sponsored

pat kean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I am not going to be able to do the MAP treatment for at least a year. I can NOT believe how far you guys have taken this platform in such a short time. When I am ready to pull the trigger it will be Your parts that spoil my baby.

Anthony@FFtec

Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS300
This seems a bit premature, Adam. What does this graph look like with the widely practiced SAE correction factor? It would also be excellent to see run conditions. I'd appreciate if you removed the "New World Record" portion of your post title. It is very misrepresentative of facts.

SAE:
"SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), USA. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.23 InHg (99 kPa) of dry air and 77 F (25°C). This SAE standard requires a correction for friction torque.

STD:
STD is Another power correction standard determined by the SAE. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.92 InHg (103.3 kPa) of dry air and 60 F (15.5°C). Because the reference conditions include higher pressure and cooler air than the SAE standard, these corrected power numbers will always be about 4 % higher than the SAE power numbers. Friction torque is handled in the same way as in the SAE standard."

There are few standards used in the dyno world for gathering HP and TQ numbers, UNCORRECTED, SAE and STD. Uncorrected is NEVER accepted in the world of dynoing and tuning as it does not factor in any weather conditions etc. Now here is where the big debate comes...is between SAE and STD. SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) is the MOST ACCURATE AND WIDELY ACCEPTED FORM OF MEASUREMENT when it comes to the world of dynoing.

Most people know that showing STD numbers read higher but not many know why. SAE represents more realistic standard conditions, STD artificially boosts numbers.

Here is some quick math (using assumptions and round numbers):

STD:
Air Temperature: 60F
Absolute Pressure: 29.92 inches Hg
Relative Humidity: 0%

Relative Horsepower : 104.8%
Air Density: 1.223kg/m3
Relative Air Density: 99.8%
Density Altitude: 67feet
Virtual Temperature: 60F
Vapor Pressure: 0 inches Hg
Dyno Correction Factor: .955

SAE:
Air Temperature: 77F
Absolute Pressure: 29.23 inches Hg
Relative Humidity: 0%

Relative Horsepower : 100%
Air Density: 1.157kg/m3
Relative Air Density: 94.4%
Density Altitude: 1952feet
Virtual Temperature: 77F
Vapor Pressure: 0 inches Hg
Dyno Correction Factor: 1

Another great read about MD vs. DJ comparisons can be read here! Below is an excerpt from the linked thread.

Read more about std vs. sae here: http://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axles/3478-std-vs-sae-dyno-differences.html

Not here to start a war, genuinely curious! --- In this industry we must take care and ensure we are comparing apples to apples; especially when record breaking is involved. Its the reason we go out of our way to obtain DynoJet numbers; to give the community valid, indisputable, comparable results... so long as the proper correction factors are being used ;p Thanks!
SAEvsSTD.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.