OP
OP
dbmonster

dbmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
The exhaust sounds so much better in person, none of the videos do it justice. If you listen to the videos on really good speakers or headphones it's close, but you still don't hear the deep tone this exhaust produces.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Adam is there a way you could get the auto to have launch control? I know it's probably not possible but I'm just curious.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
The torque converter is what controls launching an auto. It's not a matter of tuning.
However Cobb is working on something, and I should be one of the first to try it out hopefully. Will keep you updated on that!

Sponsored

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
I just hate when I try to launch over 2500 my tires start spinning.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
That is the fault of a fast spooling turbo that nets you 400+wtq at 2600rpms haha. You want more traction, do a bigger turbo! :lol:

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
...Or more rubber. 255s are on the small side for that much tq.

Adam, can you guys alter TC parameters? Also, any word on when COBB will be able to access the other modes, like SPort+ or Track?

hangover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M235i or S550 cant decide !!!
omg just get a used supra that thing sounds like a rattletrap pos!!!
just wasted 30 sec of my life on this

Sponsored

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
Wow this is impressive. Can't wait to see that big turbo kit and the numbers on this one. Getting crazy power out of these cars. Know a tune is in my future at some point for sure :)

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Going to disagree with this statement, there are quite a few things that can be altered/changed for the 6R80 tuning wise; yes, a better TC helps but its not all the TC.

The torque converter is what controls launching an auto. It's not a matter of tuning.

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport

Better/stickier/wider tires help that out.

Bigger turbo's are nice but that means you are coming out of the hole on all engine and the 2.3 is not a good choice for that; had a twin turbo 2013 5.0 that I could not make boost at the line and came out on all motor and did not really get moving until the big end. I tried numerous combinations to try to build boost at the line and no luck. That was on an automatic with a Circle D 5C so yes, it had a better TC in it.

I am not raining on the bigger turbo parade but moving the torque curve 1000 rpms to the right from approx. 2500 to 3600 means you are going to lose the oomph off the line and you will need more room to get the larger turbo spooling to reel anyone in.

MAP's turbo kit is tempting but I want to stick with the more street usable quicker hit vice the better top end since I will be at the track maybe 2-3 times a year.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
I tried numerous combinations to try to build boost at the line and no luck. That was on an automatic with a Circle D 5C so yes, it had a better TC in it.

I am not raining on the bigger turbo parade but moving the torque curve 1000 rpms to the right from approx. 2500 to 3600 means you are going to lose the oomph off the line and you will need more room to get the larger turbo spooling to reel anyone in.
The key here is what was the stall of your converter?

OP
OP
dbmonster

dbmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Going to disagree with this statement, there are quite a few things that can be altered/changed for the 6R80 tuning wise; yes, a better TC helps but its not all the TC.
What I meant was you can't change the rpm that the TC locks up at, but I am far from being an expert on automatics. I stick to 3 pedals.
Sponsored