Sponsored

MAPerformance Bolt-On Turbo Kit - 500whp Proven!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
We have been selling them for a couple weeks now, and production is almost finished and we will start shipping out kits asap! To get on the order list please following the link below!

NOW ON OUR WEBSITE FOR PURCHASE, CLICK HERE!

PROVEN TO MAKE 500WHP! See Link Below!

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=629155#post629155

To play by the rules we have to link externally to our sale thread:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24390

You can see the full development of our turbo kit in our Phase 2 thread in my signature!

[ame]

Sponsored

Last edited:

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
Excited! Decided to go with the Gen 2 6062 because it's rated to produce as much power as the 6266 but with a quicker spool!!!! Not much graphs out yet for the Gen 2 6062 so I guess I'll be the one to show what it's capable of. Goal is to make 500hp with MAP built motor package

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Excited! Decided to go with the Gen 2 6062 because it's rated to produce as much power as the 6266 but with a quicker spool!!!! Not much graphs out yet for the Gen 2 6062 so I guess I'll be the one to show what it's capable of. Goal is to make 500hp with MAP built motor package
Should be a great turbo, especially with our ported head package we will be releasing soon!

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Just a heads up, a few are asking about the spool versus the FFTEC turbo kit. I must mention that my intention when tuning was to make it safe for the vehicle and not get the turbo to spool as fast as it can. Also, the kit comes with a Journal bearing turbocharger which spools about 400rpms slower than ball bearing. Ball bearing is an option, and it also has a cast turbine wheel and not Gamma-Ti wheel.

With that said, if you compare the dynographs together you will see that we start our pulls around 2500rpms and they start at 1500rpms. We like to start ours later in the RPM range as there will never be a time where you will need to floor your car in 4th gear @ 1500rpms, nor would you @ 2500rpms but its a little more realistic. The added load from starting the pull so low in the RPM will allow the turbo to spool faster.

You also have to know that we are comparing a stock engine to a built engine. With the stock engine you have to be a little more conservative with the tune to avoid low speed pre-ignition and damage the factory rods.

On previous vehicles with lower displacement I have been able to achieve 25psi @ 3300rpms, so if I were to focus on getting the turbo to spool as fast as possible on the mustang, my experience would tell me that 24psi @ 3400-3500rpms is definitely possible.

Just wanted to give a heads up that the comparison people are using are missing a couple of factors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
First kit of the 9 sold is being prepared to ship! Should be turning these out pretty quick over the next week or two. If you have a kit on order, start getting prepared for gobs of power shipping your way!

Sponsored

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
First kit of the 9 sold is being prepared to ship! Should be turning these out pretty quick over the next week or two. If you have a kit on order, start getting prepared for gobs of power shipping your way!
I want to see how the single scroll manifold looks

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I can't wait until some of these cars get together and can end the EB sound "debate". The MAP BT car sounds amazing.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I can't wait until some of these cars get together and can end the EB sound "debate". The MAP BT car sounds amazing.
Yeah it totally does. Even that car that he tuned with the P1.5 kit sounded amazing.

AngelOreo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JimmyG
Vehicle(s)
2015 - Ecoboost Premium - 6mt - Deep Impact
Please forgive my ignorance, but what debate, and what is the "BT" car?

Status
Not open for further replies.