Sponsored

MAPerformance Phase 1 kit installed - Review/video

dbmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
First I would like to say thanks to Adam at MAP, he has been incredibly helpful since the day I purchased my mustang.

I chose the MAP phase 1 kit for 2 main reasons, I like getting all of my parts from the same company, and more importantly, MAP's outstanding customer service.

I installed the kit last weekend. Driving the car before and after the install was a night and day difference. This kit completely transforms the ecoboost into a torque monster! RIP rear tires. I can't wait to take it to the track and run against a GT :D:D

Anyway, here is a video showing how the car sounds and performs.

[ame]
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
That thing's impressive. Welcome to wheel hop land :)

I love your disclaimer.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Are you using the COBB launch control, or just bouncing off the rev limiter?

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
This is launch control that I have setup on the Cobb, seems to be working out for him pretty well minus the wheel hop. He also used the burnout mode at the end of the video.

Awesome video and great review! Let me know when you get that catch can on there! You should post up a review on our product page!

http://www.maperformance.com/map-p1...oboost-mustang-ebm-p1-map-ebm-p1-package.html

Sponsored

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Just out of curiousity, i have a base auto eco. I like the #'s for the catless DP, but I'm trying both not to get too loud and still have a cat. Do you have any dyno #'s, on a base auto eco with your phase 1 kit but using a catted DP instead? I have will be using the MAP exhuast, Cobb, and MAP intake. I know the auto #'s may be a bit lower so i was wanting to see if investing in the DP, would make much of a difference to justify the upgrade cost. Thank you!!!

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Just out of curiousity, i have a base auto eco. I like the #'s for the catless DP, but I'm trying both not to get too loud and still have a cat. Do you have any dyno #'s, on a base auto eco with your phase 1 kit but using a catted DP instead? I have will be using the MAP exhuast, Cobb, and MAP intake. I know the auto #'s may be a bit lower so i was wanting to see if investing in the DP, would make much of a difference to justify the upgrade cost. Thank you!!!

With our catted downpipe, we use a high quality cat and it flows very well. With that being said you would only be missing out on 10hp MAX with our catted downpipe, I would say closer to 5hp to be honest.

OP
OP
dbmonster

dbmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
What 0-62 time are you getting with the phase 1 kit?
No idea honestly, I haven't taken it to a track yet, and I've never used any of the trackapps features.

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Does the fact that it's an auto take off a few HP as well? I was trying to see if there had been dyno runs done by you guys. :)

If not then I'll just wait to see if anyone else using a similar set up will post their dyno results. Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
dbmonster

dbmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Using the launch control which is set at 4k with the MAP tune. I actually had the traction control on for all those launches except for the burnout of course.

Sponsored
OP
OP
dbmonster

dbmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Does the fact that it's an auto take off a few HP as well? I was trying to see if there had been dyno runs done by you guys. :)

If not then I'll just wait to see if anyone else using a similar set up will post their dyno results. Thanks for your help!

15svo on here has a base auto w/PP and has the phase 1 kit. His dyno numbers are listed on MAP's website.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
I have 15SVO's car making the same power as MT. I wouldn't say that the AT would make less power than the MT anymore. At first it was making less power than the MT but after I spent more time on the P1 tune for AT it is now making the same power.

Here is his build thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17698

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)