Sponsored

Popping from throttle body?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
This just started today, I could hear it at idle as soon as I started the car up. Its a 2017 with ~16,000 miles on it, Ford tune. I can't really pinpoint it that well but it sounds like its the throttle body. Anyone had something like this?

If it persists after the weekend I'll take it down to the dealer on monday, which sucks because I'm on vacation this week and wanted to enjoy the car.

[ame]
Sponsored

OP
OP
ForYourOwnGood

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Went to the dealer, they think its the Evap purge valve but since no light is tripped they don't want to do anything with it. So basically they told me to drive it until it blows up.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Went to the dealer, they think its the Evap purge valve but since no light is tripped they don't want to do anything with it. So basically they told me to drive it until it blows up.
Swap TB, it'll go away. Just did mine, same symptoms.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I just had this happen to me about a week ago. Exactl same sound. Seems like the rpms dip a bit along with it. I have the PP2 kit with the gt350 tb collecting dust in the garage, maybe ill slap that kit on see if it stops.

hideousorange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cesar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I'm having the same issue. 2016 with 32k. Definitely the throttle body. I have an ngauge and you can see the throttle degrees jump up 2 degrees everytime it clicks. I also thought it was the evap valve but I unplugged it and the clicking was still there.

Sponsored

Stang8psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
Mine just started doing this today, If I try to drive I get a wrench light and no throttle

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Mine just started doing this today, If I try to drive I get a wrench light and no throttle
What do you mean no throttle...car doesn't move at all? My popping noise didn't affect drive ability at all, not even a CEL. You might have a different issue.

5.0hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Swap TB, it'll go away. Just did mine, same symptoms.
I just had this issue come up after getting my evaporator core replaced. I only mention that because it feels like too much coincidence for this to happen at the same time. But what did u replace yours with? Just a stock throttle body? Did the dealer do it? Was it the same popping noise?

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Mine just started this not too long ago... so bad throttle body or bad motor that controls the throttle blade?

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
That sounds kinda like the barbeque tick. Did you recently change your oil?

Sponsored

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That's the TB. Mine s doing the same thing.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There is a TSB or SSM I had posted a month or so ago regarding the 5.0 throttle bodies.

The article expresses replacement of the TB because some TB’s had the incorrect spring supplied during assembly. So it is a warrantable item and Ford replaces the entire TB.

Search my user ID and “throttle body” the thread should appear with the attached doc.

Festivus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT CS
I had this last year. Bad throttle body fixed under warranty. There are actually a lot of post on this issue but hard to find now due to the number of BBQ tick post. They are buried in here somewhere. Change TB and it will go away

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
Anyone had this issue on an 18+? Just curious, not sure if they have the same TB or not.

Louieg58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt performance package black
My car is doing the same exact thing. Took it to the dealer and confirmed its the throttle body. Said its not covered under power-train and is approx $500 to replace. :curse: Better off buying an aftermarket one and doing my self.
Sponsored