Votes: 15 7.4%

• Total voters

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Vote on the poll and explain why down below.
Sponsored

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
I actually have more than one selection. The Performance, The looks and Because it is a Mustang. I have long been a fan of the mustang, hell it was my first, second, third and fourth car. I love the performance bargain that it is and the fact that it is highly customizable, the car suites me better than any other car on the market IMHO.

Zshazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Fiesta ST
I voted "the performance", but what I really mean is how fun it is to drive. In particular, I'm interested in the handling of the car (especially the sub-speeding feel for DD purposes). For now, it looks like they have a wonderful setup that will almost certainly have a fun, sporty feel.

The performance of the engine is also of interest, but it kinda takes a back seat to the handling. You can usually mod the engine up but tweaking handling can be much more troublesome.

Nate408

Threads
Reaction score
Because it's projected to be one of the fastest, if not the fastest car for the money. Moreover it looks like a luxury car and has lots of nice, modern features.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Because it's projected to be one of the fastest, if not the fastest car for the money. Moreover it looks like a luxury car and has lots of nice, modern features.
Bingo. Best bang for the buck performance wise out there. :)

Sponsored

firstmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
QuantumTug
Well just because its a Mustang…..part of the deal, bang for your bucks…..First RHD Stang into Oz……and I think a fantastic looking car without being in your face!

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I feel the question is too ambiguous. Why are you buying A Mustang? ...or... Why are you buying THIS Mustang?

Being an owner of an awesome 2011 5.0 Mustang means I have a great performance car with awesome style that didn't cost me $60k-70k like something like this would have cost from Germany. What I look forward to most from the new model is getting all of that style and performance with increased comfort, refinement, and perhaps performance as well.

With the S197 chassis there are certain areas where it seems like you must upgrade them to get the performance many have come to expect(rear LCA, ride height, shocks/struts, shifter, tune). What I'm hoping for with the S550 chassis is the attention to detail and the attention to what Mustang enthusiasts have been saying on the forums. Not everyone is looking for the same thing so I've come to expect there will still be areas to upgrade to get what I'm looking for, but I don't want to feel like I HAVE to upgrade these areas.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
What I look forward to most from the new model is getting all of that style and performance with increased comfort, refinement, and perhaps performance as well.

With the S197 chassis there are certain areas where it seems like you must upgrade them to get the performance many have come to expect(rear LCA, ride height, shocks/struts, shifter, tune). What I'm hoping for with the S550 chassis is the attention to detail and the attention to what Mustang enthusiasts have been saying on the forums. Not everyone is looking for the same thing so I've come to expect there will still be areas to upgrade to get what I'm looking for, but I don't want to feel like I HAVE to upgrade these areas.
BINGO! I love the styling, the interior and all of the bells and whistles that weren't previously available. MFT, BLIS, IRS, Launch Control, Line Lock, Heated/Cooled seats, etc.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I would've preferred this poll to be multiple choice because there are a whole list of features that have caught my interest. I want to preface things by stating that this is my first post on the 6G board, and that I've been a long time lurker for the past five or six months. This thread looks like a good place to start.

I'm a current owner of a 2008 E92 335i and was (well, kind of still am) a huge forum contributor for Bimmerpost, which I joined back in 2007. This 335i was bought new and it's been six years of love and hate. During these six years I have always had an eye out for the Mustang. The S197 refresh is what initially pulled me in. The MY2011 powertrain revisions nearly caused me to pull the trigger on one, but there were always issues: the interior design and quality were just okay, the exterior styling was attractive, but there was something unfinished and ever so slightly gimmicky about it (regardless of model year), and things like a non-telescoping tiller are complete deal-breakers for me.

So this S550... it "fixes" pretty much everything that I found off with the S197. The exterior work is an unbelievable hit; I love the deeply sculpted panels, the unified DLO, the tastefully shaped ground effects (I'm a particular sucker for the tucked in rockers with the blades running along the bottom), and the wonderfully fast roofline. I love all the tiny details and massaged surfaces. It just has this air of quality and polish that hasn't been relevant to its predecessors, and it strikes a great balance of modern world car styling while retaining the Mustang vibe.

The interior is fantastic as well. I love the theme, and those rocker switches. I've got to play with those. I'm okay with a hit in material quality so long as the build quality is sufficient.

The performance is a no-brainer for me. I need a free-breathing V8, three pedals, and a locking diff before it's too late. This TTI6 + flappy paddle combo, plus one-tire-fire thing is getting old. I'm not necessarily invested in having the fastest car out there, but I want something that's highly adjustable and responsive to driver inputs. I'm hoping that this car drives well on the limit, as I have a complete obsession with oversteer.

The tech is the last thing I'm interested in. Having a competent nav system will be nice. I'd be interested in a rev-matching or no-lift-shift feature, but it looks like nothing's been even slightly hinted at regarding these two features.

The one thing that's keeping me shy about purchasing a MY2015 would be the potential to miss out on any powertrain improvements that could come around for the MY2016. I'd hate to miss out on DI, or if they swap out the MT82 for a different unit. I've been trying to do research on the MT82 revisions but sources seem vague for the time being.

TL;DR - I'm buying a new 'Stang because it looks the way I want it to look, it should drive the way I want it to drive, and it has an interior that I'm wholly impressed with. It looks like the bargain of a century. Hasn't that always been the Mustang motto? ;)

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
In my instance it's a fiscally responsible GTR...I won't ever spend 100k (in today's money) on a car. I will spend 45 to 50k to get a Gt350 which is 85 to 90% of the performance. I can't justify double the price for 10 to 15% performance increase.

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
I would've preferred this poll to be multiple choice because there are a whole list of features that have caught my interest. I want to preface things by stating that this is my first post on the 6G board, and that I've been a long time lurker for the past five or six months. This thread looks like a good place to start.

I'm a current owner of a 2008 E92 335i and was (well, kind of still am) a huge forum contributor for Bimmerpost, which I joined back in 2007. This 335i was bought new and it's been six years of love and hate. During these six years I have always had an eye out for the Mustang. The S197 refresh is what initially pulled me in. The MY2011 powertrain revisions nearly caused me to pull the trigger on one, but there were always issues: the interior design and quality were just okay, the exterior styling was attractive, but there was something unfinished and ever so slightly gimmicky about it (regardless of model year), and things like a non-telescoping tiller are complete deal-breakers for me.

So this S550... it "fixes" pretty much everything that I found off with the S197. The exterior work is an unbelievable hit; I love the deeply sculpted panels, the unified DLO, the tastefully shaped ground effects (I'm a particular sucker for the tucked in rockers with the blades running along the bottom), and the wonderfully fast roofline. I love all the tiny details and massaged surfaces. It just has this air of quality and polish that hasn't been relevant to its predecessors, and it strikes a great balance of modern world car styling while retaining the Mustang vibe.

The interior is fantastic as well. I love the theme, and those rocker switches. I've got to play with those. I'm okay with a hit in material quality so long as the build quality is sufficient.

The performance is a no-brainer for me. I need a free-breathing V8, three pedals, and a locking diff before it's too late. This TTI6 + flappy paddle combo, plus one-tire-fire thing is getting old. I'm not necessarily invested in having the fastest car out there, but I want something that's highly adjustable and responsive to driver inputs. I'm hoping that this car drives well on the limit, as I have a complete obsession with oversteer.

The tech is the last thing I'm interested in. Having a competent nav system will be nice. I'd be interested in a rev-matching or no-lift-shift feature, but it looks like nothing's been even slightly hinted at regarding these two features.

The one thing that's keeping me shy about purchasing a MY2015 would be the potential to miss out on any powertrain improvements that could come around for the MY2016. I'd hate to miss out on DI, or if they swap out the MT82 for a different unit. I've been trying to do research on the MT82 revisions but sources seem vague for the time being.

TL;DR - I'm buying a new 'Stang because it looks the way I want it to look, it should drive the way I want it to drive, and it has an interior that I'm wholly impressed with. It looks like the bargain of a century. Hasn't that always been the Mustang motto? ;)
Yeah I messed up not checking the box for multiple choice. Unfortunately you cannot edit a poll in any way once it has been put up.

The 2016 "revisions" for the powertrain are highly unlikely, but that is a whole different discussion.

WELCOME TO M6G THOUGH!!! Glad I was able to make someone join!

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Loved, the 13-14, but they already look outdated now that the s550 has come out
I wouldnt say dated, they look dated on purpose as they are retro....cant really compare the two imo. I love my 2013 (keeping it for along time) and it gets tons of attention, im waiting for the refresh (2016-17) and see how it compares to the camaro and ill add one either one then.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I wouldnt say dated, they look dated on purpose as they are retro....cant really compare the two imo.

How do you define retro? Looking like the original?

Putting the S197 and the S550 next to each other is very telling. The new car looks so much sleeker and faster, using the word 'dated' is actually quite fitting.
Sponsored