Sponsored

GT Performance Package

Do you think the GT Performance Package is worth the money?

• Total voters

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Just wondering how many GT Performance Package drivers feel it was worth the money & did you go ahead and mod your suspension further afterwards?
What parts of the GT Performance Package you liked the most and what could you have done without?

• 19" X 9" (F) 19” X 9.5” (R) Ebony Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels
  • 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R (R) Summer Only Tires
  • Brembo™ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors
  • "Engine Turn" Aluminum Instrument Panel
  • Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)
  • Heavy-Duty Front Springs
  • K-Brace
  • Larger Radiator
  • Spoiler Delete
  • Strut-tower Brace
  • Unique Chassis Tuning
  • Upsized Rear Sway Bar
  • Unique Stability Control, EPAS & ABS Tuning
Sponsored

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
For what you're getting in return, it's definitely "worth it". Just the brakes and rear end alone would cost more to buy separately than the kit itself costs.

Now you gotta ask yourself if you're going to track the car or mod it.

Static_LV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem PP, 1969 Mustang Coupe
It is well worth the money. Just the Torsen LSD and the Brembos will cost that by themselves if you decide to upgrade later. Everything else in the package is essentially free.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Easily worth it GTRacerX. And yes, I modded my suspension with loads of Steeda parts. (Sway bars, sway bar end links, billet mounts, vertical links, IRS bushings, G-trac K brace, pro-action shocks and struts, and differential bushings). The Brembo's, larger radiator, gauge pack and strut tower brace are pretty cool, but I would've bought the car anyway even if it didn't have the PP since I got it a pretty good price.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If I could do it over again I'd have spent the coin on it. I have a better chassis and suspension setup than the PP now, but still lacking the brembos and torsen, plus the radiator.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The brakes are worth it alone. I love these big brakes.

What I could do with out are the summer tires they are awful.

What I changed so far is just the springs and lowered the car. I have added to it the Steeda Stop hop kit. With the recent change from the crappy Stock Pirellis summer tires to a set of Michelin all seasons. I can finally see that the stop hop kit does work.

What I might change in the future are just different shocks.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Its the only option that is actually worth the money they charge for it and more! That is exactly why i bought my base gt pp. I would have liked leather option only but its not worth it when you dont want or need other options.

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Must have option

I thought the same thing, just wanted some backup on that decision. It's pretty expensive and puts the car in a higher price range that I wanted, but I know I will regret it if I skip this option. I plan to keep the car for a long while.

:ford:

Sponsored

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
I simply wish there was a Performance Pack with the 3.55 gear ratio instead of getting stuck with the 3.73.

When I ordered mine, I had a long, hard think about the Performance Pack. Odd thing was, my salesman said he could upgrade me to 3.73 gears for free if I so chose, but the thing was I didn't want 3.73s. I inquired about 3.55's for free and was told "no".

My logic was that my car will never, ever see track time but I do take some long trips. So, the 3.31's were my gear of choice. The big radiator, brakes and gauge pod in the dash are completely unnecessary. The Silver PP wheels were also not available when I ordered, but that could have also swayed my decision. Another point of thought is servicing down the road. I bought my car for keeps. And, generally speaking of course, optional (rarer) equipment costs more to service down the road. Replacement Brembo brakes in a few years may be prohibitively expensive to replace versus the basic brakes. The same thought occurred to me with the big radiator. Bigger radiator = more coolant and simply increased costs later in life.

I figured, the PP suspension is available over the counter for a grand, the wheels for about $700 and the strut brace for $200. Rather than pick the full meal deal with items I didn't want or need, I'd go over the counter for the stuff I do want and save a few bucks in the process. That way, I get what I want.

But, that's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Oh, but also in Canada, it's a $5000 dollar upgrade. If it was $2500 like it was in the US, oh for sure I'd be all over it!!

Last edited:

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's the only option that tempts me into buying a 2018 since they're finally putting it on autos.

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
I think that I would have rather had 3:55 gears myself .Other than that it's a hell of a deal.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
I simply wish there was a Performance Pack with the 3.55 gear ratio instead of getting stuck with the 3.73.

When I ordered mine, I had a long, hard think about the Performance Pack. Odd thing was, my salesman said he could upgrade me to 3.73 gears for free if I so chose, but the thing was I didn't want 3.73s. I inquired about 3.55's for free and was told "no".

My logic was that my car will never, ever see track time but I do take some long trips. So, the 3.31's were my gear of choice. The big radiator, brakes and gauge pod in the dash are completely unnecessary. The Silver PP wheels were also not available when I ordered, but that could have also swayed my decision. Another point of thought is servicing down the road. I bought my car for keeps. And, generally speaking of course, optional (rarer) equipment costs more to service down the road. Replacement Brembo brakes in a few years may be prohibitively expensive to replace versus the basic brakes. The same thought occurred to me with the big radiator. Bigger radiator = more coolant and simply increased costs later in life.

I figured, the PP suspension is available over the counter for a grand, the wheels for about $700 and the strut brace for $200. Rather than pick the full meal deal with items I didn't want or need, I'd go over the counter for the stuff I do want and save a few bucks in the process. That way, I get what I want.

But, that's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Sounds like a V6 or Ecoboost would have suited you even better...