Sponsored

February Sales

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Bingo. I was wondering if anyone was gonna realize this. This along with Dodge actually advertising the car is what is selling Challengers. I would assume from now on the Challenger will be the winter muscle car sales winner.
Yup! In fact, I saw some Matt guy review the AWD GT last year - he seemed to have pretty good things to say about the car.

The fact that it's a rear wheel biased AWD system is incredibly appealing to me. Truthfully, if it was a V8, or even a V6 with another hundred hp/tq, I would seriously consider it as an option.

It would be a fantastic car for the winter up here.
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Strongly disagree, but to each their own
The Challenger is beautiful in a muscle car way. If they could turn and didn't feel so big, I would own one. Leasing a hellcat would have been cheap as hell too.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The Challenger is beautiful in a muscle car way. If they could turn and didn't feel so big, I would own one. Leasing a hellcat would have been cheap as hell too.
The Challenger turns fine, considering what it is. The Scat Pack puts out similar non-straight line numbers to the base GT Mustang, and with wider and better rubber and a few other suspension tweaks easily puts it on par with the 15-17 GTPP.

The "it can't turn" etc is a trope shoveled out by people who haven't driven one.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
The Challenger turns fine, considering what it is. The Scat Pack puts out similar non-straight line numbers to the base GT Mustang, and with wider and better rubber and a few other suspension tweaks easily puts it on par with the 15-17 GTPP.

The "it can't turn" etc is a trope shoveled out by people who haven't driven one.
It does share a bunch of parts with the MB W220/211 platforms (early 2000's E and S class) which were/are pretty solid cars.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
When I priced out the wife's '18 GT Convertible it was just north of 52K, so the sales decrease doesn't surprise me that much. Younger kids just can't afford the GT as they did in the past, so that leaves a smaller amount of buyers. I don't think I've seen a single '18 on the road since they were released. The Mustang is creeping into the Corvette price category, and in my mind that ain't good for Ford.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
When I priced out the wife's '18 GT Convertible it was just north of 52K, so the sales decrease doesn't surprise me that much. Younger kids just can't afford the GT as they did in the past, so that leaves a smaller amount of buyers. I don't think I've seen a single '18 on the road since they were released. The Mustang is creeping into the Corvette price category, and in my mind that ain't good for Ford.
Yep. People will argue with incentives and discounts you can still get one significantly below MSRP. Maybe that's Ford's strategy - to MSRP high to get who they can, but deal low to get the rest. I think this is a flawed strategy as the high sticker turns off a lot of people and just reinforces what people hate most about buying cars, which is the negotiation game. Sticker, invoice, holdbacks, incentives, rebates etc. make it hard to know what the "real" or good price is.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

It can turn, and is more competent than live axle cars, but it wallows while doing so. There's not much you can do to make that much mass feel remotely agile. An extra 500 lbs on top of an already heavy car (Mustang).

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Agreed. I haven't driven a Challenger, but I've been on the road course with them and they do just fine.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I've also tracked the Challenger and for their weight they feel better than you'd expect. Now with the widebody version running 305s front and rear, they have plenty of grip when cornering too. Mentally it's a little uncomfortable pushing a car with that size and weight through corners, but it can take it.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
That's tailored to you man. The internet has "selective advertising." Whatever you search on Google will appear in the ads you see. You search Challenger, Dodge ads will show up. Right now I've got a Dodge ad on this forum for the Promaster City Van they make. It gets a best-in class highway 28 mpg!
Then why do I have a Honda gold wing advertisement up now? I don't research Honda or motorcycles.:shrug:

Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
to the OP

as far as I know consumer spending is down this year compared to previous ones. That is the word according to my barber and my friend's friend. Very legit sources indeed

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Yep. People will argue with incentives and discounts you can still get one significantly below MSRP. Maybe that's Ford's strategy - to MSRP high to get who they can, but deal low to get the rest. I think this is a flawed strategy as the high sticker turns off a lot of people and just reinforces what people hate most about buying cars, which is the negotiation game. Sticker, invoice, holdbacks, incentives, rebates etc. make it hard to know what the "real" or good price is.
True Tom. But, this does remind me of Ford's strategy for the F-150. They price the crap out of them, and after some time passes they throw huge discounts on them. I don't know, but it may work for the Mustang. Seems to me if they would price their vehicles properly they wouldn't go through the high, and low sales periods. But, what do I know. :shrug:

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I continued reading the post, it states:
Me and my buddy were golfing a few weeks back. He has a 17 Roush, I have a '18 Zl1. Looks are subjective, I get it. So, when we were done, we were headed back to our cars and there was a crowd of 4 teenagers/lower 20's looking at our cars. So, they wanted to check them out, so we opened the hoods and doors so they can check everything out. Now, keep in mind, he's complety stock. I have all this sexy Meth plumbing and E85 plumbing and intake and all the goodies. Headers, exhaust. He's stock.

Not that matters in anyways, but as a car guy I would of noticed those things.

So, after about 10-15 minutes of us just shooting the shit, I asked.........so, which one would ya'll choose?

Every single one of them said..............The Mustang. I was like.........these kids are fkn stoooooooooooooooooooooopid. But, I think it's just cus it's a Mustang. It's always been like that which is one reason I always have liked the Camaro. But anyhow, back to doing nothing I go.
I'm not sure I'd call a Roush a stock Mustang, just because he hasn't modded it. They certainly don't LOOK stock.

Dodge has some hefty discounts on their cars right now, I looked at a base R/T 392 Challenger with the TR6060 at a local dealer for $33k ...

I'd hazard a guess if the stock market stays flat and the FED continues to raise interest rates, demand for these Muscles Cars will stay weak without big rebates that Ford has been trying to get away from but just can't...
This. Without knowing what the rebates are and what they were last year for he Year over Year comparison, it's tough to say.

i have fucking challenger ads on this forum. That should say something.
Then why do I have a Honda gold wing advertisement up now? I don't research Honda or motorcycles.:shrug:
Mine are Aston Martin ads. I wish I could legitimately shop for an Aston.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
This paints the exact picture I expected. Talk to any regular person and tell them a Mustang GT with options is close to 50k and their mouth drops.....
People's mouths also drop when you tell them:

1. Ford Edge Sport MSRP = $46,000
2. Ford Explorer Sport MSRP = $53,000
3. Ford F-150 Limited SuperCrew MSRP = $68,000

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
People's mouths also drop when you tell them:

1. Ford Edge Sport MSRP = $46,000
2. Ford Explorer Sport MSRP = $53,000
3. Ford F-150 Limited SuperCrew MSRP = $68,000

And people keep buying them up especially the F 150 that's why Ford and the other manufactures keep turning out high dollar and for them high profit vehicles.
Sponsored