Sponsored

Is The Performance Package Worth It For Me?

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
I just put a deposit on a 2016 GT Premium with the PP. Wanted to get your opinions on whether it's worth it for me.

I'm not planning on doing track days. It will be my DD. I'm just interested in quick pulls up to 80 or so, and driving back roads.

Worth it, or waste of money?

Thanks!
Sponsored

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
The better looking wheels, upgraded Brembo brakes and chassis stiffening is worth it alone...

Heck, Brembo upgrades on a Camaro are $3,000!!!

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
There is at least one sizable thread on 6G that discusses the merits and shortcomings of the PP. Give it a read.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just put a deposit on a 2016 GT Premium with the PP. Wanted to get your opinions on whether it's worth it for me.

I'm not planning on doing track days. It will be my DD. I'm just interested in quick pulls up to 80 or so, and driving back roads.

Worth it, or waste of money?

Thanks!
It's still worth it for spirited back roads driving.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
we got 1000 threads on this. so here comes another 20 page debate about pp from ppless envy people vs pp people.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I'm FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from envious. Why would I pay for a crappy transmission and a suspension that I'd throw in a dumpster and replace with something much better???

:shrug:

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
we got 1000 threads on this. so here comes another 20 page debate about pp from ppless envy people vs pp people.
This.
I'm FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from envious. Why would I pay for a crappy transmission and a suspension that I'd throw in a dumpster and replace with something much better???

:shrug:
And especially this.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
If I was to do it again, I'd get a non PP with ebay brembo stickers for the front brakes. Could have saved thousands for basically the same freaking thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard

My bad. Can it be closed somehow?

-_-

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Eh don't worry about it man. You get the same shit on every forum. Everyone will scream use the search feature, blah blah blah.

It's only an additional like 2,000. What you get is better cooling, bigger front brakes, better wheels(imo). The tires are kind of shitty, but whatever. The torsen doesn't seem too bad for daily driving and the 3.73's seem to fit the car perfectly. I have yet to go to the track, so I can't state that I can remain in 4th through the traps. But for driving around town? Why not. Unless you're really hurting for cash don't bother, but if you ARE hurting for cash, why are you buying a new car anyways?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
My bad. Can it be closed somehow?

-_-
wasn't directed to you bud...

just the people who chime in to justify their purchase or try to justify not purchasing it turns it into a shit fest.

same thing happens with auto vs manual.

If I was to do it again, I'd get a non PP with ebay brembo stickers for the front brakes. Could have saved thousands for basically the same freaking thing.
seriously lol.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
In on Page 1. :D

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm kinda in the same boat as the OP, except I already have my PP GT. I say go for it. Why would you not want better brakes? Why not have better suspension? I like the staggered look so that's another bonus. Sure I'll never see the benefits it provides for track racing. So what, it still feels better on the street. I will say, if you're looking for a cushy ride then don't bother it rides like a sports car w/ the PP. Not terrible but stiffer than non-PP. I have a bad back and it hasn't bothered me yet on 1 hr drives.
Sponsored