Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
A larger displacement engine (5.2-5.8) with twin turbos would be a great answer to many things.

The larger displacement gives you a superior starting point and turbocharging gives you more power with greater efficiency than supercharging.

Packaging in the basic S550 chassis is an issue, but not an unsolvable one.

While a supercharged car is certainly at least as acceptable as the competition doing so, it does take away from the presence Ford has been building as the leader of the big three in terms of engine innovation.

A supercharged solution will develop power. So that cannot be looked down upon. However, it is reasonable to say that it is a missed opportunity. A turbocharged solution would develop MORE power and be a bit easier on the engine as well.

I am thinking that both solutions are testing on the road currently. It's also why some folks who shouldn't know anything at all have been talking - because their buddies working on the project have loose lips. But that "may" be one side of the equation. Be interesting to see what results.
Sponsored

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
I believe the new 7.0 Liter engine being developed will probably be all aluminum architecture, so its weight should be significantly lighter than the 6.2 in the previous Raptor.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Here's a thought. The new 5.2 Aluminator XS is NA engine is capable of producing more than 570 hp. Probably like 573 hp :p. That is without DI/PI I believe.

So,

Adding DI/PI should add around 10-15%?

573*15% = 659 of natural horses.. I'd be completely fine with that :D

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Here's a thought. The new 5.2 Aluminator XS is NA engine is capable of producing more than 570 hp. Probably like 573 hp :p. That is without DI/PI I believe.

So,

That is a good point, however I'd be using 526 as the base. It would be quite a satisfying engine.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base

So,

I like where your head is at - BUT - that engine was rated with long tube headers and race gas. Not doable with emissions and pump gas.

I can see a 5.2 making 550-575hp with DI/PI, but they'll need to go to 13:1 CR for efficiency gains. Anyway 'that' engine is slated for the '19 track type mustang be it the 350, GT4 production car, or the mustang GTR

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I have a tough time believing the new GT500 is going to be N/A. (Ford already has the GT350/GT350R cars that are track cars and N/A.) Actually, I highly doubt the new GT500 will be N/A. I'm thinking supercharged first and foremost, with the TT, a "possibility".

**this is just my speculation as that's all this thread is, until we get confirmation from Ford about the new GT500. We're waiting "patiently" Ford!!! lol :headbonk: :D

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I have a tough time believing the new GT500 is going to be N/A. (Ford already has the GT350/GT350R cars that are track cars and N/A.) Actually, I highly doubt the new GT500 will be N/A. I'm thinking supercharged first and foremost, with the TT, a "possibility".

**this is just my speculation as that's all this thread is, until we get confirmation from Ford about the new GT500. We're waiting "patiently" Ford!!! lol :headbonk: :D
The GT500 replacement will NOT be NA.

It will be FI. Period.

And as cool as 600 hp NA is, it's nothing compared to 750-800 boosted.

( an NA car is fine, but we already have that. Let's get a top model car that WINS in its category. Not something that "I'd be happy with.")

That's just the way it is.

It's a matter of which FI tech wins over the boss in a variety of arenas.

Supercharging is the easy answer. turbo is the right one.

We may get the easy answer and that will still be a good one.

Turbos are superior for a ton of reasons - especially on a car that needs to impress on long races, such as on a track.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Large displacement NA would (will!!) be the best thing for this car.

It would make gobs of power, be light, instant throttle response, sound amazing.

700hp, 7L, DCT, 3750lbs. I would be first in line, but with a 6sp manual on order.
Actually, you'd be 3rd in line... it's Machsmith, me, then u. :lol:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The GT500 replacement will NOT be NA.
It will be FI. Period.
And as cool as 600 hp NA is, it's nothing compared to 750-800 boosted.
( an NA car is fine, but we already have that. Let's get a top model car that WINS in its category. Not something that "I'd be happy with.")
That's just the way it is.
It's a matter of which FI tech wins over the boss in a variety of arenas.
Supercharging is the easy answer. turbo is the right one.
We may get the easy answer and that will still be a good one.
Amen brother!!! We're on the same page.
:thumbsup: :cheers:

Sponsored

SlowShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
Crazy would be thinking it is taking Ford this long to apply a supercharger and GT500 badge to a GT350! I'm sure some would be good with that. I figure most are expecting much more after looking at the current and future competition!
If they wanted the gt500 here already, it would be. It is not complex development making it take a long time for us to get some news or production availability. They will not market both the gt350 and the gt500 at the same time. They occupy the same space and have a similar price point. That is why I question a "Mach one" or any other N/A spin off of the next gt500, because I do not see the room for hp or pricing differentiation, unless they take the gt500 a good bit up market (which I just do not see happening.)

No. I do not want a big N/A motor. I like modding and forced induction cars "wake up" relatively easily. Not so much for big n/a motors, especially if they are at 100hp/l already. Mod-ability of a F/I car trumps naturally aspirated every single time. Mustang fans also LOVE to modify their cars.

Guess what....they do N/A motors all of the time. How is this special? 800whp with bolt-ons sounds way better to me.

Could they do another special version with the Raptor's motor in there with a little more aggressive set up? Sure. I think that is far more likely than a 7.0l.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Guess what....they do N/A motors all of the time. How is this special? 800whp with bolt-ons sounds way better to me.
Not being facetious,.......but how would Ford make a 800RWHP Mustang and still keep it emissions and miles per gallon compliant? :shrug:

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
Not being facetious,.......but how would Ford make a 800RWHP Mustang and still keep it emissions and miles per gallon compliant? :shrug:
Twin turbos can be a good start for efficiency. They could also include start/stop technology along with looking into cylinder deactivation. Also with the announcement of the S650 going in the hybrid direction, the use of an electric motor helps as well if you want to discuss a halo mustang for the S650 platform.:shrug:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Twin turbos can be a good start for efficiency. They could also include start/stop technology along with looking into cylinder deactivation. Also with the announcement of the S650 going in the hybrid direction, the use of an electric motor helps as well if you want to discuss a halo mustang for the S650 platform.:shrug:
I really hope they don't put that stop/start technology or the cylinder deactivation in the new GT500. I really hope they don't. That takes away from the brute of the car. Imagine pulling up to a stop light in a GT500 and the engine cuts out?! :lol: What am I driving, a Prius?!? LOL No thanks. (I do understand that it can be turned off with a button. I think I read somewhere that the new F150's have this feature.) Same with the cylinder deactivation. I'll pass on that. I don't think the Hellcat or ZL1 have either of those, which in my opinion, is the way it should be for a brute of a car.
That would definitely be a "con" in my book if either of those become a reality in the new GT500. :headbonk: :(
This is just my opinion.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Sure nobody 'wants' that but it could be the reality, especially if this car gets the precious semi automatic DCT that everybody seems to want (that will probably make up most of their planned volume).
Sponsored