Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
The calm before the storm or did everyone just give up. Dang Ford take your time!!!
Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
The calm before the storm or did everyone just give up. Dang Ford take your time!!!

I don't think give up but it feels like we may not see or even know much until fall. There's no major shows for a while, so unless the set up some sort of live stream I don't expect it until like Nov.

hated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt500
Ford profits down 42% so far this year. Fields called into explain to shareholders. Fun low volume cars are always the first to get cancelled.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ford profits down 42% so far this year. Fields called into explain to shareholders. Fun low volume cars are always the first to get cancelled.
I'm ok if they decide to cancel future years of the Ford GT. That's really the one low volume car Ford makes. Ford worked so hard to make sure people would drive them and I've really seen zero out there about any GTs being driven.

If you can count an option package - I could see them stopping the GT350R version, but IMO the regular GT350 isn't really a low volume car. If they do another GT500, I don't think it will be low volume either. They will probably sell at least 5,000 per year.

Sponsored

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm a shareholder and I've seen the drop in my account from it. I'll hold...I know its gonna go back up soon. Ford wont drop the next halo mustang, I'm confident in that. If it was a new project, then maybe, but its something they probably already awarded all the bids and have a majority of R and D already finished up.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
FORD needs to stop wasting money and resources on that dumb ass cars that can drive themselves crap.the money they waste on that could have been used on making the car and truck line up better.like putting v8s in the taurus,expo,and nav.where is the 4 door charger fighter,the rattlelac v fighter?i mean,what the hell is going on?:tsk:

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
I wouldn't count on that, I was actually just reading how sports cars are doing well right now and attracting a lot of (High income) new buyers, who will in turn buy other products from that same manufacture. Not to mention how they typically have more profit than a base car. They create a ton of interest in the brand as well, look at the attention the new Ford GT gets. Halo cars have huge value in automaker line ups. Special edition Mustangs aren't going anywhere any time soon. Nor did the GT500 when the recession hit.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2017/05/08/hot-cars-selling/101454922/

And the Ford GT definitely isn't getting canceled. You just aren't seeing any because for one it is an extremely limited car, and the last time I heard only 8-9 have actually been delivered.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Oh, I think the new GT500/Halo Mustang is coming. Just taking forever! I bet it will be worth the wait in the end! Better be.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
And the Ford GT definitely isn't getting canceled. You just aren't seeing any because for one it is an extremely limited car, and the last time I heard only 8-9 have actually been delivered.
I know that some have been delivered, but the only vids on youtube are boring crap with the cars sitting still or parking lot driving. :tsk:

I want to see road course stuff.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
There IS something coming, there's still round 2 of the S550 ... in some cases Ford lets the base model bask in the attention for a year or so before introducing the halo car. If you look closely through the latest spy shots you can clearly see the 2018+ headlights. It's still only May , plenty of summer months to 'leak' a 2018 front end dev car lapping Nurburgring tourist track...

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I also think that they are waiting on getting the new Ford GT out and tested as well. Now that you see those being driven by auto journalist the hype will go away or die down. They would not want to step on their on toes and take away from the hype of their on supercar. Once that happens they will want to fire things back up. Hopefully that means sometime between now and years end. They have to know that us folks are getting impatient and that they are not challenging the Hellcat/Demon/ZL1!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The engine for the next mustang was most likely made by Roush. Its being tested now as we have seen in the spy photos in Arizona. It'll be here next year, count on it.
We won't hear a peep about it from ford until fall of this year minimum. They want to make sure a majority of their 2018 gt350s are sold.

Satan

Overlord.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Boss.
It's happening for sure lol Its not an ecoboost turbo vehicle.
Sponsored