Sponsored

How Often Are You Asked To Do A Burnout?

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
"Roast em" "Light em up" "Peel Out"
All of these are things I hear on a weekly basis. About a half hour ago I was coming out of the gas station I go to quite frequently, cause you know low MPG probs, and this, well, young woman I wouldn't bring home to mom yells at me "Light em up when you leave" I said "Hell no unless you're paying for tires' to which she replies with in a serious manner "Well what the f**ks the point?" Mind you this gas station is completely packed. All the pumps are taken, there's a multitude of people walking from the pumps to the building. I don't know if it's my location (Arkansas) or if it's a normal thing. I'm curious if any of y'all are told to do this and what your response to it is. Also, if there are any other things you're told to do while driving from bystanders I'd love to hear them.
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I've NEVER had a request like that. But then again, in Seattle people are more likely to pray you do it, secretly hope you crash, record it, post it to the internet, and then tell everyone how they chewed you out after they stopped recording the video.

We're a bit passive aggressive up here.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
More often people ask me to rev it or get on it, but yes one night at a gas station a trucker asked me to. He really pleaded the case, telling me how much it would be the highlight of his day. I still didn't, but he genuinely made me feel guilty for not helping him out with his request haha.

TRS7139

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
A few tmes, but don't feel too bad, until late this summer I also had a Superformance 427 Cobra. I could'nt go two lights down a blvd without somebody calling for a burnout.......with a disturbing number of old broads.........yikes.

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Never. Not near Jacksonville, FL. If I was still in South Florida I am sure I would hear it.

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
Not in the 350 but plenty of times in my Cobra, said the same thing or I'd rev it like I was going to and leave like a grandpa, that really gets them.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Never. I did have an Indiana state trooper come up to me at a gas station/rest area on the Turnpike and ask me if he could follow me out onto the highway so he could listen to the exhaust. I made him promise not to pull me over up to 85 mph, because you really can't get this car singing any slower than that. He was pretty thrilled and I enjoyed it. Had the biggest grin on his face when he drove by me after I pulled right and slowed down.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There is no point in it and it is hard on the car. You will never catch me doing it to any of my cars.

Sponsored
OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Dito. I was told that since it's a Mustang it's a drag car so burnouts are good for it. I swear some of the people here.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Now that I have a set of cheap set of MPSS replacements (thanks Walmart!), imma burn this bitch to the ground next time somebody dares me. :ford:

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
:lol::lol::lol: We live close enough together so I'm guessing you have this problem too?
Now that I have a set of cheap set of MPSS replacements (thanks Walmart!), imma burn this bitch to the ground next time somebody dares me. :ford:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
People have asked me to rev it, but never asked for a burnout. I think it's an Arkansas thing.