Sponsored

PMAS new heat shield design

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You are trying to re-engineer a product you don't like. Sell it and move on.

Here is the stock upgrade from Ford performance. If your upgrade isn't better quality than Ford's own off-the-shelf... then buyer beware.

Also, what about box pressure...?
I strongly doubt you’d be able to generate any tangible box pressure using ground speed. Your engine is inhaling a couple of hundred litres per second at 7,000rpm
I can’t see that you could “help” the air into the box in any meaningful way.
Could be wrong :shrug:
Ok, it works on bikes but we’re talking 1 litre displacement (or less) and a top speed of potentially 300+ km/h from the factory. The ram air point is designed from the factory, to be a good collector of air due to its location.
It’s a different argument.
Sponsored

OP
OP

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base Oxford White
Spoke with Scott at PMAS they don't have any of the older style heat shields. Nice guy but not very helpful. He wasn't aware of any issues with the new heat shield but believed what I was telling him. Suggested that I modify the box to alleviate the issue. Not good when you are selling a cold air and you tell a customer they could modify your product so it can work correctly. I take it they are a very small company because I got transferred to their radiator department guy and as soon as I said PMAS he said let me get you over to Scott he can help you with that. Now I am on the fence Not sure if I am going to re-engineer the heat shield or Sell the PMAS and go with JLT.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
No option to simply return it, and buy something else?

Spoke with Scott at PMAS they don't have any of the older style heat shields. Nice guy but not very helpful. He wasn't aware of any issues with the new heat shield but believed what I was telling him. Suggested that I modify the box to alleviate the issue. Not good when you are selling a cold air and you tell a customer they could modify your product so it can work correctly. I take it they are a very small company because I got transferred to their radiator department guy and as soon as I said PMAS he said let me get you over to Scott he can help you with that. Now I am on the fence Not sure if I am going to re-engineer the heat shield or Sell the PMAS and go with JLT.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
My mishimoto will get as hot as any sitting still idling, but as soon as move even 20 mph quickly drops back down to within a few degrees of ambient. Even at the track sitting in the staging lanes just before running even revving it up to 1,500-2,000 rpm moves enough air through to cool it back down.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
that’s rather disappointing that they haven’t listened to customer feedback about the intake temps and he is telling a customer to modify his product.

If I was to swap intakes, I would also have to get a tune revision from Lund. Not something I really want to spend money on since I’m collecting parts to build my IRS.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
You mean it makes good power when on a dyno with the hood wide open and a huge fan blowing air directly into it?

Don't think it's making that much power if it's for 40* above ambient IATs compared to other good flowing intakes that also keep IATs down.
wrong.gif

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Are you guys that are having high temps running on a tune?

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
What a solid argument.
There is no argument, as the CAI flat out performs. You can pimp JLT all you want.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get.. not saying my JLT is better but once moving it drops to within 10 degree celsius of the ambient temps.. Even in today's 30*c temps.

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)