Sponsored

Is there a better battery with higher CCA that fits our battery casing

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
^That's right and if you check your owners manual, it will tell you that a 96R is what a Mustang requires. BXT-96R-590 in particular.
Sponsored

OP
OP

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Thats not what the owners supplement says for the 2017 Shelby GT350. Calls for BXT-99RT4-A which I believe is the 470 CCA battery.

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R, 11' GT500, 07' GT500, 04' Mach 1
[MENTION=18787]icormba[/MENTION] [MENTION=22202]machsmith[/MENTION] [MENTION=19262]Zitrosounds[/MENTION]

This is the battery I'm running
If your looking for a Lithium battery that works without any charging issues or requirements here you go

https://p10.secure.hostingprod.com/...g/product_info.php?cPath=1_32&products_id=125

VPR-P6
1. Weight, much lighter than a comparable lead-acid battery.
2. Can be mounted in any orientation.
3. Can be "deep cycled", meaning fully discharged without damage to the battery, while being protected from over-discharge. Because over-discharge can cause damage, has LVC (see below).
4. Has an LVC (low voltage cutoff) to prevent over-discharge. This turns off the battery when it's discharged, preventing damage from over-discharge (for example, by accidentally leaving a load on overnight).
5. Has full fault protection circuitry to protect your battery, preventing damage from overcharge and other faults.
6. Maintains higher voltage and charges more efficiently, less load on the alternator and more efficient than a lead-acid.
7. Circuitry allows charging/discharging at high rates, compatible with car alternators (we are aware of only one possible incompatibility).
8. Remote on/off capable with optional harness, allowing battery to be turned off and turned on remotely (can be used in lieu of a battery disconnect switch if allowed).
9. True physical disconnect of battery via a bi-stable hd relay when battery is off. This allows battery to be used in parallel, multi-battery applications, and allows use of the remote pushbutton harness in lieu of an emergency disconnect.
10. Circuitry designed in-house, and tested, proven, and continuously improved for over 4 years (many competitors outsource the circuit, or even leave out the management circuitry completely).
11. Designed and manufactured in the USA. This gives complete control over design and manufacturing.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Other than weight, would would be the advantage of a $1200* lith battery? Just paid roughly 1/10th of the price for a Varta (Bosch) battery with 560 CCA. Good quality battery and can replace it 10 times for the cost of one lith battery. Is the lith actually worth 10 times the cost?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

Sponsored

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Other than weight, would would be the advantage of a $1200* lith battery? Just paid roughly 1/10th of the price for a Varta (Bosch) battery with 560 CCA. Good quality battery and can replace it 10 times for the cost of one lith battery. Is the lith actually worth 10 times the cost?
I think you answered your own question :)

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
[MENTION=18787]icormba[/MENTION] [MENTION=22202]machsmith[/MENTION] [MENTION=19262]Zitrosounds[/MENTION]

This is the battery I'm running
If your looking for a Lithium battery that works without any charging issues or requirements here you go

https://p10.secure.hostingprod.com/...g/product_info.php?cPath=1_32&products_id=125

VPR-P6
1. Weight, much lighter than a comparable lead-acid battery.
2. Can be mounted in any orientation.
3. Can be "deep cycled", meaning fully discharged without damage to the battery, while being protected from over-discharge. Because over-discharge can cause damage, has LVC (see below).
4. Has an LVC (low voltage cutoff) to prevent over-discharge. This turns off the battery when it's discharged, preventing damage from over-discharge (for example, by accidentally leaving a load on overnight).
5. Has full fault protection circuitry to protect your battery, preventing damage from overcharge and other faults.
6. Maintains higher voltage and charges more efficiently, less load on the alternator and more efficient than a lead-acid.
7. Circuitry allows charging/discharging at high rates, compatible with car alternators (we are aware of only one possible incompatibility).
8. Remote on/off capable with optional harness, allowing battery to be turned off and turned on remotely (can be used in lieu of a battery disconnect switch if allowed).
9. True physical disconnect of battery via a bi-stable hd relay when battery is off. This allows battery to be used in parallel, multi-battery applications, and allows use of the remote pushbutton harness in lieu of an emergency disconnect.
10. Circuitry designed in-house, and tested, proven, and continuously improved for over 4 years (many competitors outsource the circuit, or even leave out the management circuitry completely).
11. Designed and manufactured in the USA. This gives complete control over design and manufacturing.
SWEET BABY JESUS!!! Thanks for this!!!

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
96R

96R fits great as others have mentioned, in fact could fit a battery an inch longer in the box. Current battery worked fine, but couldn't pass up a deal on a 3yr guaranteed battery from Advance Auto Parts with 590 CCA for $100+tax ($20 coupon + 25% off, both came in my email). FYI, Pep Boys has had a 96R Bosch Battery on sale for $105+tax for months.
GT350 Battery Upgrade.jpg

Sponsored

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
After sitting on the showroom floor for a few months they couldn't get it started so they put in a factory replacement. Its 470 CCA.
image1.jpeg

Last edited:

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
After sitting on the showroom floor for a few months they couldn't get it started so the put in a factory replacement. Its 470 CCA.
Interesting you mention that as when I recently upgraded to the 590CCA battery I noticed the date on my stock 390CCA battery was a few months after the car was built meaning it was replaced as it died after sitting a while as well.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Just read this thread as my 2016 GT350 OEM 390 cca battery died. The dealer replaced it with a 470. It looks like the 390 cca batteries are discontinued for the 16/17 Shelby’s. The new OEM for 18/19 should be the 470, unless that is too phased out. Just looked at the part number for the 390 and it shows discontinued, and some sites are also showing the 470 as discontinued as well. Thanks all for the history and past research of the OEM battery, as I am now in the new 470cca club.

musclesoh92467

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Yep, what he said. :cheers:

I have a D4700 in my car. It's been below freezing here and my car starts up without a millisecond delay after sitting for a week. I know that's not long, but I have no question it could go longer. And I even have a dashcam that records while the car is parked. It held voltage while sitting unused for a few months before I installed it also.

I've owned several XS Batteries and they are excellent. One of my batteries from them in the past tested at ~400CCA over what they rated it at when it was 1+ years old. They're designed for super high current output in small bursts for sound systems. Starting a car is very similar.
Did the xs4700 fit in with no modification?

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Did the xs4700 fit in with no modification?
The D4700 does not fit. You can't get the battery cover on. I have one sitting on my garage floor cause someone said it would fit.
Maybe in the GT, but not in the GT350. It's too high. Maybe with some modification.
Went with the AutoCraft Gold 96R 590CCA fits perfect.
Sponsored