Need GT350R splitter

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Buffalo airport is 40 minutes from me. Niagara Falls airport is pretty small and about 15 minutes away.
If you guys are serious, I'll look into a buffalo layover. Feb is my next bid month. If I can do It without doing one of those charters, I will try my best.
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Pick it up when you go to the Glen.
But I don't want to wait until August!

If you guys are serious, I'll look into a buffalo layover. Feb is my next bid month. If I can do It without doing one of those charters, I will try my best.
Thanks, Tom. It'll depend on whether Harold calls it first and if Tob is willing to drive. Will circle back!

[MENTION=19262]Zitrosounds[/MENTION] Harold - have you talked to Tob yet?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I have no qualms about driving to the Buffalo airport. It is blizzard season though so....

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
This R tax is just so damn frustrating. No reason this piece should be any more than the 350 splitter. If exclusivity and keeping knock offs at bay is the motivation, which is bull shit in my humble opinion, then sell it only to the R owners at a reasonable price.
Agreed. The material difference is only a bit more plastic on the R splitter.

My non-R splitter has a few scrapes, but no major damage yet. If it gets too beat up I was thinking of swapping to the R version (love the look), but at the current prices - maybe not.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
But I don't want to wait until August!

Thanks, Tom. It'll depend on whether Harold calls it first and if Tob is willing to drive. Will circle back!

[MENTION=19262]Zitrosounds[/MENTION] Harold - have you talked to Tob yet?

Yes, of course. My offer extends to whoever is in need. It's all dependent on what the schedules will allow. Also, when convenient, the weight and box measurements would be helpful. I then will be able to calculate cost.

Sponsored

Tacpguy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
[MENTION=19262]Zitrosounds[/MENTION] do you have a link or is there a website? I tried autonation.com but sent me to a car buying website

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Yes, of course. My offer extends to whoever is in need. It's all dependent on what the schedules will allow. Also, when convenient, the weight and box measurements would be helpful. I then will be able to calculate cost.
Sorry guys! Had a lot going on last night and lover looked some posts. It's funny how quickly things can change. I still need a splitter but it will have to wait a little longer due to some auto body repair work on our A3 and the R. Don't even ask! It is all rather minor but still needs repair. Luckily it is just the rear bumper cover on the R : (

Tob,

Thank you for the offer.

Tom,

Thanks for the additional help.

Kevin,

Go for it!

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
From my recent experience with HCM Carbon and dealing with John, it was nothing short of exceptional customer service and quality as it relates to the splitter that I received recently. John even threw in a little bonus package free of charge for no reason other than to thank me for my patronage. I did not plan on installing the splitter until February but went ahead and had it done today and it looks great. I got the fiberglass R splitter and had my body shop spray a light coat of rhino lining on the underside of the splitter for some added protection. I did not want to pay $1600 for the Ford R splitter either and decided to you this route. Thumbs up to HCM Carbon and John Pudlas.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
From my recent experience with HCM Carbon and dealing with John, it was nothing short of exceptional customer service and quality as it relates to the splitter that I received recently. John even threw in a little bonus package free of charge for no reason other than to thank me for my patronage. I did not plan on installing the splitter until February but went ahead and had it done today and it looks great. I got the fiberglass R splitter and had my body shop spray a light coat of rhino lining on the underside of the splitter for some added protection. I did not want to pay $1600 for the Ford R splitter either and decided to you this route. Thumbs up to HCM Carbon and John Pudlas.
Glad to hear you’ve had a positive experience. Will be curious to see if the fiberglass is up to the job. I sincerely hope all is positive for you.

I feel the need to justify my harsh comments, so I will share some photos of my replica wing.

As mentioned, my wing was warped. Im guessing this is likely due to HCM not accounting for the curing characteristics of carbon fiber. While I’m sure the mold itself is straight, the end product is clearly not.

A838081A-C415-4E9C-B622-0077FA8447E4.jpeg

Missing paint

971B9400-213E-47C3-A961-A0FEF78E98F1.jpeg

Chips in the base on the bottom.

86530C44-01D8-45FF-98F6-22EA1F1DCE8D.jpeg

Crack in finish

EAB3A3E7-281C-4831-A522-DA967001AC56.jpeg

I also found that it rubs on the rear quarter panel under speed due to a poor design. I had already adjusted the bump stops on the trunk to compensate...so this is purely from the flex of the wing itself/poor design. Luckily I caught it before it chipped the paint on the rear quarters.

149DCD4C-95C6-4C0F-B4B7-5AE8C7453098.jpeg

These are in addition to the drilling template not matching the holes on the wing itself and numerous other paint and quality issues. In transparency, when I pointed all of these out to John he did comp me the cost of the paint job ($150 IIRC), so it wasn’t like I heard nothing back. However, the quality of this part is quite appalling and being told that this was in the normal tolerances was pretty unfortunate. When I asked for a refund, they refused.

I decided to install it anyway due to the fact that I had already sourced a new trunk and gotten rid of my old one. After the install itself and the results of having the wing on the car (I.e. the paint chipping from use), I regret it. Oh well. Lesson learned.

I sincerely hope your splitter works out for you. I do not wish ill upon you or your purchase. Share your experience either way!

-Kevin

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Jeebus.

Makes the extra I paid for the C2C seem well worth it!

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Thanks. I will report back good, bad or indifferent after a few months.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Jeebus.

Makes the extra I paid for the C2C seem well worth it!
Agreed. Welp, I learned my lesson being cheap with this car.

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
Inbox Praneeth Reddy Mopala on facebook. He gets batches of the R splitter in occasionally. I bought one from him for $950 shipped. Came in brand new with all OE hardware.
Sponsored