I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I now have navigation! Thanks to all who have contributed!
Sponsored

mustangmike86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt PP
I now have navigation! Thanks to all who have contributed!
Did you add navigation to a non nav unit with as built data, i have done this on a sync 2 unit with success and i have attempted this on sync 3 but could not complete it because i needed the navigation file. I would just like to know of anyone who has successfully done this to a sync 3

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Did you add navigation to a non nav unit with as built data, i have done this on a sync 2 unit with success and i have attempted this on sync 3 but could not complete it because i needed the navigation file. I would just like to know of anyone who has successfully done this to a sync 3
Mine was sync 2.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure on Sync 3 the APIM is a physically different module for Nav/Non Nav/HD etc. Basically Ford wised up to the "mistake" they made on Sync 2 lol.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if it is possible to enable the outside temp to display on the info screen in the gauge cluster? I know quite a few other Fords show it by the directional display, but I could not find a way to enable it via the normal settings anywhere.

My reasoning is with Carplay you lose that top strip on the 8" touchscreen that displayed the temperature.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Anyone know if it is possible to enable the outside temp to display on the info screen in the gauge cluster? I know quite a few other Fords show it by the directional display, but I could not find a way to enable it via the normal settings anywhere.

My reasoning is with Carplay you lose that top strip on the 8" touchscreen that displayed the temperature.
I usually run CarPlay in the Ford screen for this reason... unless I'm navigating. CarPlay might not be able to pull data from the temp sensors, but it could sure use a weather app.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I usually run CarPlay in the Ford screen for this reason... unless I'm navigating. CarPlay might not be able to pull data from the temp sensors, but it could sure use a weather app.
That's pretty much how I have been doing it.

I'll try and dig around this weekend and see if I can find anything that may work. I will be suprised if it is not in there somewhere. Nearly every other Ford I have driven gives the option to show temp in the gauge cluster.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I don't know if this has been covered before, but this is Ford's method for encoding the VIN in the as-built.

30 = 0, 31 = 1, 32 = 2 [.. etc ..] 39 = 9, 41 = A, 42 = B, 43 = C [...etc..] 49 = I, 4A = J, 4B = K [..etc..] 4F = O, 50 = P, 51 = Q [... etc ..] 59 = Y, 5A = Z

Seems to show up in
760-01-01 through 760-01-04 (ABS)
7A7-02-01 through 7A7-01-04 (FCIM)
726-09-01 through 726-11-01 (BCM)
737-01-01 through 737-01-04 (RCM)

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Pretty sure on Sync 3 the APIM is a physically different module for Nav/Non Nav/HD etc. Basically Ford wised up to the "mistake" they made on Sync 2 lol.
From what I have heard, non nav sync 3 units have less internal storage then nav units. So the hardware is different and likely will never be able to activate nav on a non nav APIM.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I wonder if you changed the as built data and then used the navigation sync 2.2 update if it would work and give you the nav files.

As I just said though, the non nav APIM has less internal memory then the navigation APIM so it likely would not work.

Sponsored

mustangmike86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt PP
I wonder if you changed the as built data and then used the navigation sync 2.2 update if it would work and give you the nav files.

As I just said though, the non nav APIM has less internal memory then the navigation APIM so it likely would not work.
I heard the same thing but i do not believe this because if you look at the sync 3 version 2.2 updates the non nav is actually a larger file then the nav file. I have also turned the nav icon on with the as built data already,

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
I can't get this to work. I have the Bluetooth OBDLink MX adapter. My PC is connected to it. But I am getting an error.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I can't get this to work. I have the Bluetooth OBDLink MX adapter. My PC is connected to it. But I am getting an error.
Keep trying to connect with ForScan it happened to me. I had to give it a shot a couple of time.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Or contact the developers. They are pretty responsive. When i added PP2 to my '16 ForSCAN wouldn't connect anymore. They pushed me a beta that included connecting to PP2 cars.
Did you lose whatever changes you had already made when the tune was installed?
Sponsored