Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What’s that got to do with them being too tight? No one said anything about them being too short. Are you a pothead focker?
Gonna hate myself for this but do you mark your drinking glasses to know which side to drink from?
Sponsored

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
The air conditioning takes about ten seconds to turn on after the car starts. What's the point in that? It's hot, I want cold...NOW. Never been in another car that does this.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It turns on immediately. But there's no point in blowing air at full speed if the evaporator is hot. It needs a bit of time to cool down first. All Fords do that, not just Mustangs.
When I get in a scorchingly hot car, having hot air blown into my face for ten seconds would be the last thing I'd want.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I find it annoying I can't disable the constantly active "up" arrow on the dashboard next to the current gear display. Think it's telling me I should change to a higher gear for better fuel economy. I rarely see it turn off except when I'm driving downhill. Would have thought they'd at least disable it when in trackmode, but even then it's on. :-/

Got the necessary obd-dongle to disable the annoying chimes regarding engine running, but key not in car, and hopefully also reduce the volume of the backing up warning, so hoping there will be a way to disable this useless "arrow up" too via forscan.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I find it annoying I can't disable the constantly active "up" arrow on the dashboard next to the current gear display. Think it's telling me I should change to a higher gear for better fuel economy. I rarely see it turn off except when I'm driving downhill. Would have thought they'd at least disable it when in trackmode, but even then it's on. :-/

Got the necessary obd-dongle to disable the annoying chimes regarding engine running, but key not in car, and hopefully also reduce the volume of the backing up warning, so hoping there will be a way to disable this useless "arrow up" too via forscan.
I had the incredibly loud backup beeps. But I was doing some work on the audio system and I had the amp (brown connector) unplugged. When the car was running the chimes and beeps were played through the instrument panel speaker. When I reconnected the amplifier, the backup beeps were at a much reduced level. You could try unplugging that connector (or pulling the fuse), go in reverse close enough to something to hear the beeps through the instrument panel, and plug the amp back in. Let me know if that works.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1, 86 SVO, 24 S5, 74 MGB GT
Maybe my new issue is "The loose nut behind the wheel". On way home stopped at a red light and hit the button to drop cooled seat from 3 to 2. Car DIED!!!! WTH?? Car not in park??? WTH??

Oh I hit the start/stop button which is maybe an inch below it. Put in netural and hit start, all OK. Can't believe they let the engine STOP while car in gear. I'll try my 2014 Volvo which also has a button vs turning a key and see what happens. That buttons up high on IP not near any other buttons you use on a semi regular basis. Imagine if I was running at speed in bumper to bumper traffic. Maybe I'll look into getting one of those flip up covers so I can't do THAT again!!! Am I the only one dumb enough to do this???

Sponsored

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The paint.. started flaking after 3 years

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hmm Most pumps really do come with a hose that extends out from the pump. No need to park super close.

Costco designed their pumps so that it doesn't matter which side your gas cap is on; the hose will extend across AND enough space so that after fueling a car can drive between two cars that are still fueling to leave. Now having said that many people don't get it, as I see long lines of cars waiting to line up with a pump that is on the gas cap side of their car. I of course move to that much shorter line and extend that hose over to the driver's side and pump away.

I wouldn't call this "the worst" thing, but it's still something that annoys me in the Mondeo, and the Mustang will have it too, so here goes. I find it annoying that the fuel filler cap is on the left side of the car. It's always a struggle to find the perfect compromise between stopping close enough to the pump that I don't hinder the person using the next pump, but at the same time far enough away from it that I can still open the door. To make matters worse, all gas stations have some thick metal protection bars around the corners of the pumps, about ten inches high, which are low enough not to be visible from the driver's seat when you're too close to them, but high enough that the door doesn't clear them.
No such problem with my wife's car, which has the filler cap on the correct side. I can park that as close as possible to the pump, then open the door comfortably, no trouble at all.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Some pumps do indeed have hoses long enough to extend to the other side of the car. But you never know which ones. I used to do that for a while, but after running into gas stations with short hoses and making a fool of myself a couple of times, I decided not to take the risk anymore. :D

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I hear you :) I tend to only go to Costco and Shell so I've got them figured out.

Some pumps do indeed have hoses long enough to extend to the other side of the car. But you never know which ones. I used to do that for a while, but after running into gas stations with short hoses and making a fool of myself a couple of times, I decided not to take the chance anymore. :D

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The engine won't stop while the car is moving.
It can... if you hold the button for a few seconds:D. Same thing to engage electronic parking brakes while moving. It's a safety feature, but not advertised.
Sponsored