Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

98SnakeHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt / 2013 F150 / 2006 F150
Car is short a few hundred hp
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It can... if you hold the button for a few seconds:D.
Indeed, it will stop if you're very determined, but you can't do it by accident.
I wondered about this in an Audi that had the start/stop button in front of the gear lever, on the passenger's side. And I thought: "what if the passenger were in a naughty mood and tried to play a prank on you?" :D

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
After SEVEN S550’s I love them all. Keep it the same but add:
F & R USB Ports for dash cams.
Memory seats
Memory mirrors
Swap Cruise Control to the RHS - same aside as go fast pedal.
Front parking sensors

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
The engine won't stop while the car is moving.
Tried this last night and correct it won't if car is moving. Still was jarring to have it stop like that. Know I know better!

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I agree that placing the start/stop button so close to the climate control panel may not be the best idea from a practicality point of view. But it does look good there. Having it on the dashboard behind the steering wheel would have been so mainstream, so boring... On the central console it looks different and suits the Mustang's personality, in my opinion. I like it there, even if it means that I must be a bit more careful.

I've been losing sleep trying to imagine a scenario where you need to turn the engine off while the car is moving.
You may want to do it when the throttle freezes in the wide open position, either because of a software bug (like it used to happen to some Toyotas a few years back), or because the pedal catches on the floor mat (I experienced this myself a couple of times).
Or when the oil pressure lamp turns on (though at that point the engine is probably toast already, so a few seconds more or less won't make a difference, but you may still want to do your best to limit the damage).
Other than that, nothing else springs to mind.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Maybe, though I still find it strange that all the morons who were slamming on the wrong pedal happened to drive the same car. It seems like an unlikely coincidence to me. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Think about the person who drives a Camry. They really are the car for people who don't like cars. The number of incidents was also grossly over exaggerated. Public opinion spurred the recalls, which worsened public opinion, which spurred further recalls...
Remember the Audi 100. Almost sank the brand. Fortunately it didn’t.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I've been losing sleep trying to imagine a scenario where you need to turn the engine off while the car is moving. The only thing I can think of is that you are 16 and are trying to roll the
I WASN'T trying to turn the car off while moving and most likely never will. This was unintentional while stopped. 16 was many decades ago. LOL!

Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
I've only had mine a very short time, but at the moment, it's no power tilt. The Premium should come with memory seats and power tilt w/o having to get another package and then just getting the memory seats. I could have the #2 memory setting in my 2011 G37 set for the seat all the way back and steering wheel all the way up, then the #1 setting for my preferred seating and steering wheel position. Much easier to get in and out of a low sitting coupe when you have that capability. Then with the design of the manual tilt/telescope, it's a poor design. It takes a good amount of force to undo it to tilt upward, then because the arm hangs down you can't get out w/o busting your knee, unless you push it back up to hold it. So entry / exit pretty much sucks. Then the cooled seats seem to freeze your arse, but doesn't cool the back much if at all, which is what I'd prefer it to cool. Then the 10A wants to climb to the highest gears too soon. I have to experiment more with leaving it in Sport and not using the paddles, to see if that gives me more of what I want. Lastly, is the dreaded double horn honk if you leave the car with it running, shutting the door with the keys on you. Highly embarrassing. But with those nit picks... I'll live.

Cadrms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt. Elec PKG and magneride
The BO 12 speaker system. What garbage quality, I'm half deaf and I am un impressed. My wife who could give 2 shits about quality audio said it sucks.

You dont need 12 crappy speakers. You only need 5 quality ones. I'm half tempted to start from scratch, but keeping my bullitt stock is important to me.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I agree but since I'm so far from being stock....these speakers are on my list to be replaced. The subwoofer has already gone that route.

The BO 12 speaker system. What garbage quality, I'm half deaf and I am un impressed. My wife who could give 2 shits about quality audio said it sucks.

You dont need 12 crappy speakers. You only need 5 quality ones. I'm half tempted to start from scratch, but keeping my bullitt stock is important to me.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Have you read about the no cost mods to improve the sound of your B&O system?
Sponsored