Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

L454S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I like the B&O system.

Me too, better than the Beats in my previous Dodges. I just removed mine to clean it since it was covered in dust.

I read the post above and while I applaud the work... it’s a 50k mustang... I enjoy the sound system for what it is. I do however make sure to apply pressure to that 5.0l v8 over all else and could not be concerned If my $900 stereo is performing better than it should from factory as long as that $12,000 v8 is that’s what I’m concerned about and the initial reason why I brought the car... (that and the fact that it takes 87, lol kidding)

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
That's because XM is overly compressed garbage. Tight bandwidth and too many channels.
I cancelled SiriusXM. I’ve had it on and off for a few years but had enough and cancelled for good. Giving Spotify another try.

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I cancelled SiriusXM. I’ve had it on and off for a few years but had enough and cancelled for good. Giving Spotify another try.
yeah sometimes they give you deals for the XM, however I don’t see a need for it... I pay $10 for Apple Music. The only benefit I see I for the XM is sometimes the stations gives me new songs I haven’t heard that I hunt for on Apple Music...

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Always the 16 gallon gas tank is the worse thing about the mustang. This car should have a 19 gallon tank..

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I've only had mine a very short time, but at the moment, it's no power tilt. The Premium should come with memory seats and power tilt w/o having to get another package and then just getting the memory seats. I could have the #2 memory setting in my 2011 G37 set for the seat all the way back and steering wheel all the way up, then the #1 setting for my preferred seating and steering wheel position. Much easier to get in and out of a low sitting coupe when you have that capability. Then with the design of the manual tilt/telescope, it's a poor design. It takes a good amount of force to undo it to tilt upward, then because the arm hangs down you can't get out w/o busting your knee, unless you push it back up to hold it. So entry / exit pretty much sucks. Then the cooled seats seem to freeze your arse, but doesn't cool the back much if at all, which is what I'd prefer it to cool. Then the 10A wants to climb to the highest gears too soon. I have to experiment more with leaving it in Sport and not using the paddles, to see if that gives me more of what I want. Lastly, is the dreaded double horn honk if you leave the car with it running, shutting the door with the keys on you. Highly embarrassing. But with those nit picks... I'll live.
I absolutely hate the double horn honk when you leave the car and close the door with the engine running. It seems like most if not all Ford cars do that and I don't know if there's any way to disable it.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
The soft, scratches easily, thin black paint.

Also is there a way to turn off the Tri-bar running lights.? I see a setting for daytime running lights but it doesn't seem to be for the Tri-bar lights.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The second worse thing is the hood corrosion issue that has been going on since 2009, and they still haven’t fixed it to this day!!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Also is there a way to turn off the Tri-bar running lights? I see a setting for daytime running lights but it doesn't seem to be for the Tri-bar lights.
Yep. I tried it when another forum member said it did nothing, and same thing with my 2019 Bullitt. Unchecked the DRL box under the lighting menu, and absolutely nothing happened. Same intensity, and they're always on with the ignition on. Wonder what the hell is that box for then. I like those tri-bars, so not an issue for me, but makes no sense to have a box and not doing anything.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yep. I tried it when another forum member said it did nothing, and same thing with my 2019 Bullitt. Unchecked the DRL box under the lighting menu, and absolutely nothing happened. Same intensity, and they're always on with the ignition on. Wonder what the hell is that box for then. I like those tri-bars, so not an issue for me, but makes no sense to have a box and not doing anything.
They're always on as accents, kind of like how the Golf GTI/R have them. DRL is just for the main lamps but driven at a lower voltage.

KoreanKK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KK
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost 101A automatic
Lack of sound insulation, being forced to use touch screen to set up the AC exactly how I want, not being able to adjust steering wheel's distance from the dash, top speed being set at 120 mph, 1st to 2nd gear being SUPER slow when operated manually, having so many gears (IMO, 10 gears is just too much. 8 is sufficient), Apple car play sometimes disconnecting itself.
Sponsored