Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.
28o3Vje.gif

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Well this is the last Ill say on it but you are wrong. It does not take much searching the net to find hundreds of posts , forums, and even on meguires car care site to find many many many hood paint issues, particularly delamination, from engine heat. Where the rest of the car is fine but the hood has issues... so yeah engine heat :) There is even many third party companies now that sell aftermarket liners because of OEMs dropping them for cost savings. I mean if they are so worth less then why the third party market? But this is a thread for what have you done to your car today not lets disagree on liners thread so will be the last I say on it. Enjoy your linerless hood :)
You're talking about anecdotal evidence. Common sense tells you the paint will be fine as tons of people run no hood liners and many cars don't even come with them, and automotive paint is designed to withstand temps of 300+ degrees F which is higher than your engine bay will get. I've also spoken to factory engineers in the past (for Toyota) and they confirmed that it is for noise suppression. You yourself say that OEMs are dropping them. Are you telling me they are knowingly causing the paint to become damaged? There are third party companies selling aftermarket liners because people buy them, just like any other useless product.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
You're talking about anecdotal evidence. Common sense tells you the paint will be fine as tons of people run no hood liners and many cars don't even come with them, and automotive paint is designed to withstand temps of 300+ degrees F which is higher than your engine bay will get. I've also spoken to factory engineers in the past (for Toyota) and they confirmed that it is for noise suppression. You yourself say that OEMs are dropping them. Are you telling me they are knowingly causing the paint to become damaged? There are third party companies selling aftermarket liners because people buy them, just like any other useless product.
Well finally got around to cutting a slit thru the battery cover for access when you have hood struts.i know I'm not as I used to be.but even with brand new blade in my cutter it was a PITA, I put some cardboard between strut hole and fender to protect paint from any misslips marring the paint.of course the cardboard slipped in between fender and wheel housing.it was small maybe 6 x 2in.ill never see that again.i looked up and flashpoint is 450 degrees.,so think it'll be fine.itll probably just disintegrate over time.years from now a restorer will wonder what cardboard s purpose was.

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I agree, think it's only there for noise suppression and not for paint protection. My father has a 2015 Audi A6 that has no hood liner, and the paint is perfect even after 6 years of daily driving use in Florida summers. I've also seen a ton of other cars with no hood liners.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
dryer vents ($12 from home depot) acting as EB/PP air scoops for ducting air to PP-deflector equipped lateral arms to cool 6-pot brembo.
Hangs a bit low so need to avoid curbs but can be moved up with spacers if need be.
2020-06-01 10.41.44.jpg

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
dryer vents ($12 from home depot) acting as EB/PP air scoops for ducting air to PP-deflector equipped lateral arms to cool 6-pot brembo.
Hangs a bit low so need to avoid curbs but can be moved up with spacers if need be.
2020-06-01 10.41.44.jpg
interesting. how does air get directed inside the belly pan?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Add a hitch and hook them together :) Very nice, love the color.

Bought expensive major upgrade to add 400hp.
But I can't get it it to transfer to the Mustang axle. :confused:

20200601_091840.jpg
20200601_102345.jpg

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Nothing major today. I installed the Steeda wing trunk pop up struts. The jury is out on if I like them or not. It was hard enough keeping fingerprints off the shiny plastic while closing the trunk before, now with the downward pressure you have to apply, it's going to be even harder to keep prints off. I have the Navigation software update installing right now. Looks like it will take about an hour to completely install, so I may as well go for a ride, since I can turn the car off while it is updating.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
interesting. how does air get directed inside the belly pan?
you can run dryer hose and connect to a Vorshlag (?) brake backing plate with integrated hose bracket. Or you can be lazy like me and just cut a 4" hole in one of the thin wheel well plastic bits and rely on "abundance of air" as opposed to directed flows.

The GT/PP bellypan wasn't remotely compatible with the bumper so I came up with this bodge.

Tukman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2020 pp2 Roush stage 2 Mustang GT/ 2019 Bullitt
Bought a new set of wheels, Asanti ABL12 in gloss black with Nitto 555 g2’s
A444A224-4FEF-4458-8AEE-7EB58A5B5A97.jpeg