Sponsored

Hellcat widebody vs my 2018 mustang PP1 10spd

2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ok we didn’t race but he wanted to :)

I was coming home from work in a bit of a hurry. I was sitting at a red light and took off a little fast, and the next thing I know is that the car beside me is a hellcat widebody who is starting to get on it. I didn’t change my acceleration rate as he went by me.

I spoke to him at the next light... nice guy. Said he thought I was trying to race him.

honestly I would have if we would have been in a better place just to see how much faster he would be. Oh well.
Sponsored

OP
OP

2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Could easily be a driver's race if the other guy spins the tires.
That is definitely what I would hope for especially since he is on street tires. I would try to mess with him too just to try to get into his head... make him really want to beat me :). Of course if he is a decent driver I would be toast.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I've raced Hellcats before with my stock '18 A10 PP1. They don't have enough tire so it's pretty even at lower speeds and from a dig. The last one was dead even from 10-45 mph...neither of us stayed on it long enough to where traction wasn't an issue at higher speeds. He spun, I spun through 1st and didn't stay on 2nd more than a split second (doesn't take long to go from 37 mph to 45 mph during the 1st-2nd gear change in the A10 w/ PP1).

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
that's really too much power for a redlight race. I got into a little play race with a supped focus from a 30 roll and it took me a bit to get the 750 hp in line and the nannies stopped cutting power before I could catch up to the quick little fucker. I have super sticky tires, ideal suspension, and it's still tough if the temps are not above 70 degrees.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
The one in my avatar I beat. He broke his half shaft about 60’ out from starting line. I spun and axle hopped so bad I waited until 4th gear to hammer it rest of the way through 1/4. lol.

They will run you down and go bye bye around 115-120 mph (sooner if the a10 is stock).

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Could easily be a driver's race if the other guy spins the tires.
Suprised you didn't go into a rant like you did with me vs Z06.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Suprised you didn't go into a rant like you did with me vs Z06.
Ha ha. Sorry about that. My BS meter got pegged by that. Maybe it happened, but that other guy must have been an extremely terrible driver.

Frankly, I do think it's a lot harder to launch a heavy Hellcat which is extremely front heavy vs. a Z06 that has not only much better weight balance and much lighter weight, but also has wider tires.

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Do those come with more power than a regular hellcat or is the widebody just the difference? Bolt on A10 will give a stock hellcat a run for its money from a roll.

OP
OP

2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I believe widebody is a standard Hellcat engine drivetrain, but they do have more tire on the ground (305’s I think) which of course helps it..

From what I understand it is a hellcat drivetrain stuck in a demon body, etc

Sponsored

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I believe widebody is a standard Hellcat engine drivetrain, but they do have more tire on the ground (305’s I think) which of course helps it..

From what I understand it is a hellcat drivetrain stuck in a demon body, etc
Ah ok! so I wonder if they are heavier?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I can definitely relate to this. It seems like I'm around 80 mph before the nannies tend to back off and let the dang thing run.

that's really too much power for a redlight race. I got into a little play race with a supped focus from a 30 roll and it took me a bit to get the 750 hp in line and the nannies stopped cutting power before I could catch up to the quick little fucker. I have super sticky tires, ideal suspension, and it's still tough if the temps are not above 70 degrees.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I drove a Widebody NA+6MT the other day. It had Bilstein's 3-mode suspension and as far as couches with huge torque go was plenty enjoyable. Square edge bump absorption was impressive. But even in 'track' mode setting the car was imprecise and hard to read. There was simply no comparison to a Camaro or Mustang in driver-to-car connection. I watched a handful of comparison videos on YT and I think they were being entirely too kind. It drives competently for such a big and heavy car but it's a straight-line and COMFY vehicle first and foremost.

Yes 305/30 at each corner and some hefty brakes. I'm not a fan of 20" wheels but unfortunately the bolt-circle is screwball so 19" are hard to come by unless you have the usual suspects cut them custom. 19 would clear, just. There is about 18mm between the caliper and the barrel. Part of that is "needless" casting protrusions which can likely be ground down.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I’ve owned two 392 powered cars, the charger and most recently WideBody challenger... these 5.0s put a bit of a beating on them.

mustangmango

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang
Haha, I don't think he would have been must faster off the line unless he really knows how to drive it.
Sponsored