Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Its been some time but I have changed the direction of my car over the past several months and after discovering that track driving exists outside of Nascar and F1, I am building towards that. I already have a car more than capable of doing so, so to start my driving journey, this year I plan to do a couple of track cross events at Dominion and Summit.

So new additions to the build are the Trackspec Hood Vents and the ZL1 Addons splitter Extension.

I do have less hood vibration with the vents. I have not tested under hood temps.
?temp_hash=d863ecc3695ac0877dce04473c1f7e98.jpg

I finished installing the splitter yesterday and took it out for a smooth drive today and again, I am not an expert on this so I dont know how to fully test if the splitter is helping with downforce. I do "feel" as though the car is more planted in corners at 50+ mph. My right front tire almost burned a hole through the fender liner (yes I had it properly secured). Not saying that is due to the splitter but just noticed it after driving and its the only change made to the car. The install was more time consuming than ZL1 made it seem but its is definitely easier to pull of the bumper with the belly pan, secure the splitter onto the bumper and reinstall it back on the car.

So that wraps up the aero for a beginner like me...
Next things on the list will be stocking up for track stuff like fluid (Motul), pads(GLOC), tires(RE71R), wheels(MRR M600)....oh and Velossa Tech BM

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Car looks fantastic man! Just wait until you can hit the track with all of those new goodies. You'll be amazed at how capable the car is.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Bumper on the kitchen counter, nice haha

We need a shot of the whole car! With having the 350r rear wing, that front splitter should pull the look together nicely.

Why not track the sm-10’s?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Car looks fantastic man! Just wait until you can hit the track with all of those new goodies. You'll be amazed at how capable the car is.
Thanks man! the year is looking good!(granted we get through this virus)

Bumper on the kitchen counter, nice haha

We need a shot of the whole car! With having the 350r rear wing, that front splitter should pull the look together nicely.

Why not track the sm-10’s?
haha I got you once I get her cleaned up tomorrow hopefully.

Truthfully, that thought crossed my mind and in a perfect world, I would have 2 sets of the sm-10s. I personally love the look and since its still 100% street for now and will be mostly street I'll keep them as my street wheels for now. If another 19x11 set falls in my lap at a steal I would be tempted. But now I can pick up a set of the m600s which are still beneficial in weight and track abuse at a great price so for my first year that is the way I will go.

I was actually in your neck of the woods today. Had a smooth drive on 70 to test out the splitter. I didn't realize where I was (I was driving without any direction) until I stopped and a guy gave me the Frederick Mustang Club card.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Later on in the year (once the virus stuff dies down) we gotta hit the track together. It will be a blast! Just you wait. And both of us on RE71Rs for the first time lol. We're going to be ready go.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Its been some time but I have changed the direction of my car over the past several months and after discovering that track driving exists outside of Nascar and F1, I am building towards that. I already have a car more than capable of doing so, so to start my driving journey, this year I plan to do a couple of track cross events at Dominion and Summit.

So new additions to the build are the Trackspec Hood Vents and the ZL1 Addons splitter Extension.

I do have less hood vibration with the vents. I have not tested under hood temps.

I finished installing the splitter yesterday and took it out for a smooth drive today and again, I am not an expert on this so I dont know how to fully test if the splitter is helping with downforce. I do "feel" as though the car is more planted in corners at 50+ mph. My right front tire almost burned a hole through the fender liner (yes I had it properly secured). Not saying that is due to the splitter but just noticed it after driving and its the only change made to the car. The install was more time consuming than ZL1 made it seem but its is definitely easier to pull of the bumper with the belly pan, secure the splitter onto the bumper and reinstall it back on the car.

Next things on the list will be stocking up for track stuff like fluid (Motul), pads(GLOC), tires(RE71R), wheels(MRR M600)....oh and Velossa Tech BM
Looks great! I suspect your rub is not because of the downforce/reduced lift but because the fender liners and their clips get loose over time. I have the same issue occasionally.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Looks great! I suspect your rub is not because of the downforce/reduced lift but because the fender liners and their clips get loose over time. I have the same issue occasionally.
Thanks man!

:facepalm: ahhh...I figured that but i know I checked everything before driving off to make sure that wasn't the case.

I will say though that it "feels" more planted at higher speeds but again, not sure how to measure its effect.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man!

:facepalm: ahhh...I figured that but i know I checked everything before driving off to make sure that wasn't the case.

I will say though that it "feels" more planted at higher speeds but again, not sure how to measure its effect.
I'm pretty certain that I won't have that issue with my 305/30R19 square setup, as they are nearly 1" smaller diameter than your 295/35R19s.

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man! the year is looking good!(granted we get through this virus)

haha I got you once I get her cleaned up tomorrow hopefully.

Truthfully, that thought crossed my mind and in a perfect world, I would have 2 sets of the sm-10s. I personally love the look and since its still 100% street for now and will be mostly street I'll keep them as my street wheels for now. If another 19x11 set falls in my lap at a steal I would be tempted. But now I can pick up a set of the m600s which are still beneficial in weight and track abuse at a great price so for my first year that is the way I will go.

I was actually in your neck of the woods today. Had a smooth drive on 70 to test out the splitter. I didn't realize where I was (I was driving without any direction) until I stopped and a guy gave me the Frederick Mustang Club card.
Assuming it was the same guy, he actually lives near me. He put one of those cards on my car a couple months after I got it once he started seeing my car slowly because more and more modified. They hold meets throughout the spring/summer/fall. There was a small one a few weeks a ago on one of those abnormally warm days we had and I met a guy that’s done some trackcross at summit in his s197

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Pictures as promised. Not the best pictures but tried getting the car front to back.

(Bottom 2 was before the wash)
IMG_2351.JPG
IMG_2337.JPG
IMG_2334.JPG

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

That hood vents looks good!

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Well the sun is out today and before I take shelter for the rest of the day I figured videos are better than pictures.

(No audio due to wind)

Sponsored