Sponsored

Car and Driver Muscle Car Showdown: 2020 GT500 vs ZL1 1LE vs Challenger Hellcat Redeye

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
whenver I see a 1-10 scale and everything is sitting at >7, the evaluators are full of it. fuel economy for example should have been a 2 across the 3 cars. cargo space for the mustang/camaro a 1.

We call charts like this pseudo-analysis. A 2 point advantage is meaningless given the abuse of the numeric assignments.
Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
My guess is the 1le only lost the 1/4 mile by .1 sec, but being down 110hp was impressive to them. The hellcat lost by .2 sec, but had the most hp, thus lower score.
I probably agree with your assessment about them "being impressed". Which means this whole test and the subsequent scoring is absurd, and shouldn't hold much weight.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
the Tech pack doesn really add much, stereo, blis, puddle lamps and nav. Im ok with variances, but there is 0 consistency in the scoring. sure, be lower, but that gap makes no sense

take the 1/4 mile, i see what you wrote, and sure, but then, finish quantifying it, 8mph faster is faster, ET is faster, is faster, it cant be a tie, if other performance areas and "objective" scores are not tied..

and exterior appearance, sure 100% subjective, i get it, but your telling me the dodge, with the autozone fenders and a 60s retro scoop beat the CFTP GT500!? the CF wheels alone should have gotten 8pts.

see what im saying?
I agree. Most reviews are just a opinion of the writer. But we saw the same thing when the ZL1 went up against the 350R, but everyone here had no problem with the points even though the zl1 won all performance numbers.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
I probably agree with your assessment about them "being impressed". Which means this whole test and the subsequent scoring is absurd, and shouldn't hold much weight.
Agree. We are just looking at someone's opinion. The next guy could feel totally opposite.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
whenver I see a 1-10 scale and everything is sitting at >7, the evaluators are full of it. fuel economy for example should have been a 2 across the 3 cars. cargo space for the mustang/camaro a 1.

We call charts like this pseudo-analysis. A 2 point advantage is meaningless given the abuse of the numeric assignments.
Right some seem to be relative to the other cars in the test, some seem to be in the context of all vehicles, some are clearly like an abstract ranking where attribute A is better than totally incomparable attribute B (ex: "These bananas overall score is an 8, because they taste very good, but this chair is very comfortable, so it's also an 8" :crazy:)

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Agree. We are just looking at someone's opinion. The next guy could feel totally opposite.
And this has been my point all along in multiple “crushed / demolished / destroyed” threads. None of these cars destroys the others. They all perform phenomenally, each better at something than the others at something but not everything. Talk to two people about these three cars and you’re likely to get four different opinions. And they’ll all have merit. Buy what you like and rock it.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Was it delivered like that from the factory? And with or without track alignment?
That's not my Truckasaurus, the ADMs on those things are __crazy__.

And just because it was in my C&P clipboard from another post / different forum, here's our weather today ...

upload_2020-2-13_14-24-11.png

That's right, FEEL LIKE 85° BITCHES!! :cwl:

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
That's not my Truckasaurus, the ADMs on those things are __crazy__.

And just because it was in my C&P clipboard from another post / different forum, here's our weather today ...

upload_2020-2-13_14-24-11.png

That's right, FEEL LIKE 85° BITCHES!! :cwl:
ill be down there soon enough

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
I thought the points thing was pretty accurate over all, sure some things make you raise an eyebrow, but over all pretty well done.

Challenger takes the looks and ride win.

Camaro is the best as a track car but not that much else.

Mustang falls in between, much closer to the Camaro than the Challenger however.

I like these comparisons, they’re fun and I enjoy them even if the car I like the best doesn’t win.

There is so much more to these cars than which one does the 1320 the quickest or goes around some track faster than the others.
Sponsored