Sponsored

Car and Driver Muscle Car Showdown: 2020 GT500 vs ZL1 1LE vs Challenger Hellcat Redeye

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
How are the Car & Driver drivers for these tests? I am a bit surprised they were only able to manage a 3.7 0-60 in the 500. Stangmode after just a couple of tries during his very first drive in the 500, managed a 3.3 0-60 on some nasty, back road on the outskirts of Vegas.
Amazing how when someone who actually likes Mustangs drive the times are almost always better.....

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Billy Johnson would be happy that C/D adjusted the GT500 to the most hardcore track setting.....setting road course lap times.
There has never been any mention of any track adjustments other than aero on the GT500 anywhere in any test yet we can visually see all sorts of camber on the Camaro...

The rest of everything else is opinion or too close that it couldn't be one way or the other depending on driver familiarity(and preference)to one vehicle or the other except the dig...a quick set of tire change won't help the Camaro if at all yet we've seen the GT500 go a full second faster stock....in other words the Camaro is wrung out....done.....the GT500 is just at the starting point of where ever the owner wants to take it.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We should commend a brave group of people at GM at one time that decided to blow $2Bn into the Alpha platform and also use it for the Camaro.
Yeah...that's worked out real well....Those guys will be knocking on Fords door for a job since they killed the Camaro...
tenor.gif

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Yeah...that's worked out real well....Those guys will be knocking on Fords door for a job since they killed the Camaro...
tenor.gif
Survey that GM has been sending to Camaro owners...in preparation for a 7th Gen :wink: :like:

BB766721-6812-4CC9-88EB-12ADBA1D92E5.jpeg

Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Survey that GM has been sending to Camaro owners...in preparation for a 7th Gen :wink: :like:

BB766721-6812-4CC9-88EB-12ADBA1D92E5.jpeg
If you flip it over there's a flyer for huge discounts on discontinued stock….

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree. Most reviews are just a opinion of the writer. But we saw the same thing when the ZL1 went up against the 350R, but everyone here had no problem with the points even though the zl1 won all performance numbers.
but, but, but it had 125 more HP......sound familiar?

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
There has never been any mention of any track adjustments other than aero on the GT500 anywhere in any test yet we can visually see all sorts of camber on the Camaro...

The rest of everything else is opinion or too close that it couldn't be one way or the other depending on driver familiarity(and preference)to one vehicle or the other except the dig...a quick set of tire change won't help the Camaro if at all yet we've seen the GT500 go a full second faster stock....in other words the Camaro is wrung out....done.....the GT500 is just at the starting point of where ever the owner wants to take it.
Wrong. The gt500 was adjusted for the Throttle House test, at least that what the follow up video says. Still stock by the way.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrong. The gt500 was adjusted for the Throttle House test, at least that what the follow up video says. Still stock by the way.
If missing half it's aero and the other half set wrong then whatever....I guess that was to compensate for the flat tires it came in on.....

Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If missing half it's aero and the other half set wrong then whatever....I guess that was to compensate for the flat tires it came in on.....
Maybe so, however the gt500 has been run with track setting adjustments done.

That’s all I was saying. Still 100% stock.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I'm not buying it. No way does throttle house have the equipment on hand to adjust the GT500 suspension...but at the same time not have an extra set of tires.

They were likely told it was adjusted from Ford...but we also know that the wing was in the wrong position and the tires were "cooked".

Could it have been setup with full track adjustments? Sure. I simply don't believe anyone saying that it was with what we already know.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not buying it. No way does throttle house have the equipment on hand to adjust the GT500 suspension...but at the same time not have an extra set of tires.

They were likely told it was adjusted from Ford...but we also know that the wing was in the wrong position and the tires were "cooked".

Could it have been setup with full track adjustments? Sure. I simply don't believe anyone saying that it was with what we already know.
I don’t care really I was just pointing out that some adjustments have been done. It’s really a non issue for me. More track tests will be done and we will get more info.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
So, these guys went out to Willow Springs and didn't get any course times?