Sponsored

Honestly, who prefers the GT 5.0 over GT350?

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Both cars are over kill for the street some could argue. A Honda CRV is not. Buy what you like and not what the internet tells you. Everyone will defend the car they own. Both models have their own issues mechanically.

I almost went PP2 but once you sit in a 350, it’s hard to sit in a GT. The 350 just feels special.

both can be daily driven so I don’t t buy that argument either.
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going from an '18 with a whipple to a GT350. I'm sure the 350 (especially after I apply boost to it) will be overkill for the street like the '18 was, but also more than sure I'm going to have tons of fun, and enjoy the crap out of the excess.

CCIWDO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF): I bought a 2019 A10 GT Read more if you care lol

So I'll add my opinion.....As background...I sold my heavily modded supercharged s2000 when I had my first kid and bought a lightly used M5 (family car lol) then I realized that BMW is the worst money pit on the face of the planet, and after buying my first house I traded it in for a.....4wd Silverado.....I know..... SO a few years pass and after a bunch of fun project cars (2007 Ford Ranger single cab 2wd with 6.0 LS Swap/1999 Civic with K series swap) 4 kids later and with a job that I can afford a nice car (not like SUPER CAR nice) I decided to "grow up" and just buy a decently quick car instead of buying POS and making it fast...

I initially started off looking for a lightly used 350. I found one pretty local and took a short hop over and test drove it. LOVED IT...I MEAN I LOOOOOOOOVED IT. but being a grown up I decided to sleep on it and told the dealership I would be back the next day. Talked to the wife and she was all about me buying what I wanted...fate being the fickle lady she is, the dealership wrecked the car that night! NO BS!!! so pissed as hell, and now all rational thinking aside, I walk into my local ford dealership and tell them I want a new 350. MIGHT AS WELL!!!..guys there "hook me up" (2K under MSRP) and as I'm waiting for the finance guy ready to pull the trigger, I see a 2019 Magnetic Metal GT sitting outside. I walk around it and see the things everyone here has talked about. Nicer interior blah blah blah....I notice its an automatic and I mentally scoff at the idea of buying an auto mustang...psh..peasants....guy offers me a test drive. Why not, just sitting here waiting.... As I'm driving it I realized how nice the A10 is...The digital dash is pretty damn fancy...the seats are nice and comfy...the suspension is really nice...the exhaust (not nicer than that 5.2) does sound good...and then I see the price tag..Wow...that's a hell of deal...Then he tells me I wouldn't pay anywhere near that...I get back to the dealership and call the wife...she rags me for even talking about an automatic mustang...BUUUUUT says whatever I want. Shes the best.... in the end..i walk out with a 2019 GT A10 premium under 45K....works as a great daily and I cant complain about the ride, gas mileage or anything else really about the car....

P.S. I WILL STILL BUY A 350...just have to convince the wife that two mustangs is cool and not a waste of money

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
^ my story is about exactly the same as yours, even with my wife supporting the purchase of the GT350 and me sleeping on it. Only difference is I took it one step further. I figured as long as I wasn't getting the 350 or a stick, I might as well throw a drop top on the option list. With me its not the preference of the car its the preference for this stage of my life. I could easily have lived with the GT350 as a daily driver. But for a car I will share with the family a convertible GT just checks off too many boxes at this point in my life. I love the sound of the Voodoo engine but I think the GT sounds just as nice and I actually prefer the lower growl (I have a few 455's in my stable so just my preference). I too hope to get a 350 one day just for the looks, the manual trans and the rarity of the car.

Kmp013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4X4 1971 Chevrolet C20
Bruh. Pretty noticeable that there are some design flows on the block.

Def make a post and document your updates.
I have a 2019 PP2 Premium with Active Exhaust and Recaros. I had the Whipple Gen 5 Stage 1 installed on the car when it was delivered to the dealership. The current mods I have on the car are: Front Camber Plates, Steeda Stop the Hop Stater Kit and adjustable upper control arms, X-pipe, and Ford Performance Shifter kit. I also put on a GT350R Steering wheel and put in the Ecoboost PP Gauge Set so I have a boost gauge. I also have my front wheels set at -2.5 degrees for camber and the rears set at -2.0 degrees.

I got the car in June and I have tracked it 3 times already. The next group of upgrades is installing oil coolers in the front and adding a rear diff cooler. I am either going with a shoulder harness bar or a 4 point cage so I can have 6 pt belts for the track. I am also getting another set of wheels for track use.

Sponsored

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3
I have a 2019 PP2 Premium with Active Exhaust and Recaros. I had the Whipple Gen 5 Stage 1 installed on the car when it was delivered to the dealership. The current mods I have on the car are: Front Camber Plates, Steeda Stop the Hop Stater Kit and adjustable upper control arms, X-pipe, and Ford Performance Shifter kit. I also put on a GT350R Steering wheel and put in the Ecoboost PP Gauge Set so I have a boost gauge. I also have my front wheels set at -2.5 degrees for camber and the rears set at -2.0 degrees.

I got the car in June and I have tracked it 3 times already. The next group of upgrades is installing oil coolers in the front and adding a rear diff cooler. I am either going with a shoulder harness bar or a 4 point cage so I can have 6 pt belts for the track. I am also getting another set of wheels for track use.
So with all these mods how do you do in the corners vs a GT350?

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought my 16 GT, the 350 wasn't the pony it is today, not even the "R". So I got a base w/3.55:1 gear and modded it to this day. Next is shocks & struts to calm my progressive springs, 20,000 miles on the OEM struts ain't bad though. The GT 350 of today is a much better pony than a 2016 GT 350.
tn_20191003_094528.jpg

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3
When I bought my 16 GT, the 350 wasn't the pony it is today, not even the "R". So I got a base w/3.55:1 gear and modded it to this day. Next is shocks & struts to calm my progressive springs, 20,000 miles on the OEM struts ain't bad though. The GT 350 of today is a much better pony than a 2016 GT 350.
tn_20191003_094528.jpg

What year GT350 is needed for it to be solid? 17? I would rather spend money up front and have a better car. But I also dont want to buy new.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
What year GT350 is needed for it to be solid? 17? I would rather spend money up front and have a better car. But I also dont want to buy new.
As is the case with any vehicle, get the newest one you can. Later = more refined.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Suspension upgrades as well as others help the 18-20 GT 350's, they still can use BMR CB005 & 006.
Chassis for Camaro & Corvette are better OEM cars. Our Ford's need stiffening. That is some of it, R&D for more yourself, like toe knuckle ect.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I have a 2019 GT with 6K miles on it.

And I'm friggin' dying to get my hands on a GT350.

Kmp013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4X4 1971 Chevrolet C20
So with all these mods how do you do in the corners vs a GT350?
At my last track day, I was faster than all the GT350s there and the track was the Streets of Willow.

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3
As is the case with any vehicle, get the newest one you can. Later = more refined.
This isn't always the case with any vehicle. Take E92 M3s for example. 2011 seems to be the money year as in 2012-2013 they used some cheaper interior parts etc for the end of the run.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
At my last track day, I was faster than all the GT350s there and the track was the Streets of Willow.
I guess your Whipple has nothing to do with that:headbang::giggle: