Sponsored

Honestly, who prefers the GT 5.0 over GT350?

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
How does the true value if friendship factor into this equation?
First criteria is whether it's just a friend or friend with benefits. For friends with benefits, it's "net worth = car(s) you drive + ADM + benefits".

Second criteria is whether if they're auto enthusiasts enough to know and care about different trim levels (e.g. Most people can tell the difference between say a Mustang and 911, but not between a GT3 and GT2). Problem is that vast majority of general population are not auto enthusiasts (otherwise we won't have draconian noise ordinances and emissions regulations). And for the small portion population of that are, almost all of them are guys. So unless you're a gal or gay, the benefits portion has little to no value.
Sponsored

crewdawg16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kona Blue Focus ST3, 2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP1
I just prefer the GT because of all the newer tech goodies and updated styling. As for sound I think you're nuts if you like the coyote over the voodoo, it's not even close for me.

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just prefer the GT because of all the newer tech goodies and updated styling. As for sound I think you're nuts if you like the coyote over the voodoo, it's not even close for me.
that depends on the ear/hearing. i have a hard time telling the difference especially if i put mine in track mode and sport +, of course most of the time it's from the inside of the car not outside......

OniVita

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang S550 PP
I have a supercharged + full bolt on 2016 GT and I do sometimes think if I should sell it and get GT350 or not lol.
I mean the gt350 is very unique in every aspect that makes it so desirable to me.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
How does the true value if friendship factor into this equation?
Apparently it doesn't. Evidently, both you and I at least, are both wrong.

Sponsored

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
I have a 2019 GT but in a few months I will have a GT350 as my wife said quit being a cheap ass and buy what you want or your not going to be happy
This is just me not speaking for al

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to say. The GT4 for me is the King. If I could afford it. I'd daily drive a Mustang GT4 everyday. That gurgle is chilling.

bozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rdsc.ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I just left my GT PP2 for a GT350. I can tell you the biggest difference that made me want to pay the “Shelby tax” is the drivetrain. First the obvious, the tremec trans is night and day. (It’s tight and precise.) Same with the voodoo motor, it just feels stronger, and the sound is a whole other animal.

Too each their own I suppose.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
For a daily driver I like my GT, but if I had a second car I would prefer a GT350, especially since I enjoy the track and the GT350 is great on the track without many, if any mods. The look, sound, and N/A power of the GT350 is tough to beat IMO.

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Yeah I fully agree with that. The initial post is pure insecurity, but many people after have given levelheaded and logical responses as to why they prefer the GT.
I would be lying if I said I haven't dreamed about owning a 350. But. as an aging ole fart the numbers (when comparing at GT to a 350) are reality. My GT as equipped was $41K out the door. The 350 out the door is close to $66K. That's a huge delta ($25K) and OK you get better handling, braking, acceleration and the "look". That said, tweaking the suspension, braking and acceleration can be accomplished for a hell of a lot less then $25K. As a wise man once said - when you find yourself considering a $66K+ spend there are lots of different options (other platforms) available beyond a GT350. Certainly not criticizing any current or future 350 owners but wouldn't trying to find a low mileage 17-18 that hasn't been flogged to death make more sense?

Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
If the GT350 was offered in a convertible...I would be driving one!

Coming from a heavily modded turbo Miata, I could just not give up that top down fun!

bozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rdsc.ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
... but wouldn't trying to find a low mileage 17-18 that hasn't been flogged to death make more sense?
Depends, if you can get a brand new leftover MY and score a deal... I scored 10k off my 350 and that was enough to push me over the edge...

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I would be lying if I said I haven't dreamed about owning a 350. But. as an aging ole fart the numbers (when comparing at GT to a 350) are reality. My GT as equipped was $41K out the door. The 350 out the door is close to $66K. That's a huge delta ($25K) and OK you get better handling, braking, acceleration and the "look". That said, tweaking the suspension, braking and acceleration can be accomplished for a hell of a lot less then $25K. As a wise man once said - when you find yourself considering a $66K+ spend there are lots of different options (other platforms) available beyond a GT350. Certainly not criticizing any current or future 350 owners but wouldn't trying to find a low mileage 17-18 that hasn't been flogged to death make more sense?
I picked up my '17 in 2018 for 3k under MSRP. I felt like that was a smoking deal at the time and it was a car I had been looking at since it released. I'll never criticize any owners for their purchase, it's not my place to care what someone else does.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think GT350s are awesome cars! However I am a drag racer. I wanted a 6R80 car with a blower. I am very happy with my GT and although i like and respect the Shelby that car wasn't right for my goals.

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I miss my 2017 GT350R, I regret it daily and thought buying a 18 GT (b/c it's more in the price point my wife would allow) would satisfy it. Def not satisfying in the least, but I am making it a drag car and having a strip 15 mins away helps fuel the passion. Will miss that car dearly and a guy in Kansas is now enjoying it. Maybe some other time I will buy one.

However, buddy of mine bought a 2020 gt350 and within 1,100 miles the engine popped, so very disturbing to learn they haven't ironed out the FPC yet in these cars.
Sponsored