Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'd almost wager that VMP has a pool started regarding the demise of that MT82, if indeed that's what's in the car....

I'd like to know more technical details on the swap, personally.
Sponsored

Last edited:

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
The MT-82 can barely handle 435Hp let alone 760
17k miles of 750HP on stock MT82 and stock clutch for me with zero issues. To be fair, I am saving for a Calimer worked over unit and super snake clutch, but I have zero problems with mine driving it semi responsibly.

jabber63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT Black
very nice but where did they get the GT500 engine? if you look under Ford Performance you do not see that crate engine, the most horsepowered crate engine is the 5.2l aluminator

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
very nice but where did they get the GT500 engine? if you look under Ford Performance you do not see that crate engine, the most horsepowered crate engine is the 5.2l aluminator
Ford Parts and Service.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I think you can get the service engine for about $22K which is about 4K more than the GT350 replacement. Don't know if that includes blower.
That sounds really high, but it is still cheaper than a 4S outboard boat motor.

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
I'd almost wager that VMP has a pool started regarding the demise of that MT82, if indeed that's what's in the car....

I'd like to know more technical details on the swap, personally.
Add a pilot bearing, flywheel, clutch and PP and the motor is in. Re-install accessories, then just install intercooler lines, pump and cooler. Tune and go.

Sponsored

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
KR3Z-6006-A, I included $1000. core charge and shipping
Lol, I wasn't disputing you. I just meant it seems high until you consider boat motors are even higher than car motors these days!

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Just asking but isn't the only different (mostly) between the GT the GT350 and the GT500 the engine? 95 % of the rest of the car is all the same. So what does putting a GT500 engine into a GT do other then make it a GT500 which is what you started with? This seems a lot of effort and money to end up with basically what you started with. If you start with a fully loaded GT and buy the engine and the labor and the other little things I figure you actually spend more than just buying the GT500.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Just asking but isn't the only different (mostly) between the GT the GT350 and the GT500 the engine? 95 % of the rest of the car is all the same. So what does putting a GT500 engine into a GT do other then make it a GT500 which is what you started with? This seems a lot of effort and money to end up with basically what you started with. If you start with a fully loaded GT and buy the engine and the labor and the other little things I figure you actually spend more than just buying the GT500.
Being VMP did the swap, they are engineeering or making tunes for the engine for the aftermarket. I think its called "research and development"? :giggle:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
MT-82 transmissions can handle a lot of power. They are selling supercharged GTs with MT-82s, 700+ HP and a warranty all the time.

So many people knock the MT-82. It's a good transmission.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Add a pilot bearing, flywheel, clutch and PP and the motor is in. Re-install accessories, then just install intercooler lines, pump and cooler. Tune and go.
That's the easy stuff, I'm more curious about the hurdles presented by the electrical/sensor/computer differences. If it's that plug and play I'd be amazed.

And if it is, this swap could be a somewhat common one.

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
That's the easy stuff, I'm more curious about the hurdles presented by the electrical/sensor/computer differences. If it's that plug and play I'd be amazed.

And if it is, this swap could be a somewhat common one.
The Predator is still basically a Gen 2 Coyote so plug and play.
Sponsored