Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Yeah, I was trying to get a sense of how this is going to impact sales of the S550 version. Unfortunately the poll feature limits the length of the question so it was hard to word it to make that clear. I tried to clarify it in the wording of the options but I can see where it may not be clear. I included a balanced set of options to be fair but I can't say that I understand why naming an SUV "Mustang" makes anyone more likely to buy an S550.
The Mustang is Ford's 'halo car'. The vehicle that hopefully draws people into the showrooms that wouldn't buy one for any number of reasons, where there's a chance that they'll leave with whatever Ford model best suits them.

Ford is counting on the Mach e "basking in the established limelight" of the ponycar Mustang. They're delusional if they think that's going to work in the other direction. In terms of ponycar sales captured from their current competition, I can see the ponycar Mustang losing ground over confusion of what a Mustang is supposed to be.

Norm
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It has 460hp 600ftlb of torque awd and not affected by weather trust me it will gap a stock gt in the 1/4mile.
I will be very surprised if it beats the GT when it has the same HP and much more weight. Torque doesn't impact 1/4 mile times. Only HP, gearing and the car's weight do that.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
I will be very surprised if it beats the GT when it has the same HP and much more weight. Torque doesn't impact 1/4 mile times. Only HP, gearing and the car's weight do that.
Dont forget the DA ambient temps and Density Altitude impact greatly on a gas powered car.
And awd? stock Mustang GT will at least need a tire to do a good 60 foot.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Wow very sensitive folks here... not saying I love the Mach e but the technology sure is cool. Calling it a mustang? Marketing, nothing more. Plus the advertised performance numbers are mustang worthy.

Bottom line who cares?? Doesn’t change a thing with how great my bullitt is. anybody that would sell their mustang because of this car is out of their mind.

This is the future. These e cars will be running circles around anything with a gas engine in 10 years or less. And you likely won’t be able to even buy a gas engine by then. All the more reason to keep your car. End of an era.
You'll be lucky if electric vehicles are even 25% of all the vehicles on the road in 10 years. Sales for EVs teeter between 1.4% and 2.4% of total vehicle sales in the US. Yes, that number will grow when more auto manufacturers are making EVs, but gasoline and diesel vehicles will stay relevant even after we all die on this forum. Batteries in vehicles is a trend, not an innovation. This world would be crippled if everyone drove an EV. Our infrastructure just can't handle it. I see a new technology, a new source of energy to power vehicles in the next 50 years or so and it ain't batteries either. With the finite nature of batteries and how often they need to be disposed of, it just isn't a feasible long term solution.

Also, electric vehicles are already running circles around even the fastest of gasoline vehicles. It's the nature of the beast. Instant torque right away and electric vehicles are capable of revving much much higher than gasoline engines. Too bad EVs don't have an exhaust note like a gasoline engine has. Car enthusiasts are about the way a vehicle sounds just as much as how much power it has or what it looks like.

Reactions: lew

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I've already suggested to my wife that the next SUV/CUV we get her may be a Mach E, since by the time her Rogue is past its best before date we will likely be retired, and I think that a full electric vehicle will suit us very nicely for our non-Mustang driving. We would likely only do any driving travelling during the good weather, so we'd be taking the Mustang and not worrying about range.

Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
They allready claim a 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds
No stock GT mustang does that
Only the gt500 that has 760hp

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Sorry but that screen looks like a giant tumor on the dashboard. No frickin' way that's ever going to be a retrofit.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Really hoping someone will figure out how to put the screen from the Mach e into our mustangs. Much rather have that than the Phoenix aftermarket screen if it’s even possible.
Honestly, the less technology in a car, the better. And that's coming from someone who works with computers all day. People are way too distracted doing things they shouldn't instead of concentrating on the road. Yes, all these computer aids like lane keep assist help people, but they also handicap people. You shouldn't fully rely on technology, EVER! Because we are the ones that program it! We don't need more technology to distract people.

Simple knobs have worked just fine for a long long time now. Much cheaper to replace than having a large tablet in the car and much less prone to issues.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I think it looks atrocious.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
There's no way in hell that will fit into a S550, unless you want to lose your entire center dash. Then you'll probably be smashing the screen on 1-3-5 shifts.

Sponsored

gnatsuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Like most here, I'd be onboard if they called it anything other than a Mustang. Ford's marketing dept needs to be sacked. Maybe being over dramatic, but it feels like this e-stang devalues our current cars.

When I was car shopping a year ago, it was down to my '19 Mustang and an Audi A5. The sound of the V8, the icon of the Mustang badge and styling were why I chose Ford. I think I will be buying German next time around. GG Ford... GG.

-to note, I get the current "family of Mustangs" will be available to come, however, when I say to someone I drive a Mustang, I don't want them to think I drive a SUV.

Last edited:

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
About the only thing good about this release is now I'm seeing Mustang GT's in ads with it and they look and sound awesome. I saw a new ad last night and was drooling over the real Mustangs in it. :rockon:

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I keep hearing Tesla analogies, does anyone else realize Tesla, as a company, has yet to make a profit? And you want Ford to follow that business model with your stupid examples? It's bad when Russian TV is now talking about America's prominence in the car market in past tense... Mustang...a once uniquely American, iconic brand is now being watered down by a once proud company who used to be all about quality and now seems pretty nearsighted and willing to throw it all away for trendy technology most of us don't want.