Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
If i could buy it for my family suv i would. I really do like it and i dont see how it would affect negativly the mustang name. Hey when they start gapping mustang gts people will start to love it.
Mustang owners is what we love to race and gap other cars.
The car reviewers are saying its not going to be meant for an uber fast driving car as per the article above. I dont think it will gap a mustang V8 GT

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...is-not-built-for-sustained-track-performance/

Last edited:

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
It’s just a piece of trash.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Ford can't even get over the air updates for Sync3 to work reliably, or update it with any regularity. The gadget fans they're aiming to attract with this transportation appliance are going to be sorely disappointed.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Ford would only change it, when they expect a big loss on sales because of that. Like the Sonic movie or 2019 Camaro SS, where they clearly measured that the bad artistic choice will cost them a lot of money.

For the Mach E: I don't like the Mustang name on it too, but besides the branding a lot of people seem to think that the car including design, technology and price is a pretty good deal and I already saw a lot of preordering posts on forums and IG.
Especially in Europe the Mach E is really attractive since there is not other big eletric SUV that you can get starting at 46k€. Model Y starts 10k€ higher, so maybe you can get a Peugeot e-2008 or VW ID.3? But that's where the Mustang name will shine, since the Mach E is actually pretty cool compared to the other ones.

I guess in the next 3-4 years a more family friendly vehicle has to replace my current Polo. I don't say I will buy a Mach E, but it will definitely will be one of the options I will concider - Knowing that it's not a traditional Mustang, just a great E-SUV.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Ford would only change it, when they expect a big loss on sales because of that. Like the Sonic movie or 2019 Camaro SS, where they clearly measured that the bad artistic choice will cost them a lot of money.

For the Mach E: I don't like the Mustang name on it too, but besides the branding a lot of people seem to think that the car including design, technology and price is a pretty good deal and I already saw a lot of preordering posts on forums and IG.
Especially in Europe the Mach E is really attractive since there is not other big eletric SUV that you can get starting at 46k€. Model Y starts 10k€ higher, so maybe you can get a Peugeot e-2008 or VW ID.3? But that's where the Mustang name will shine, since the Mach E is actually pretty cool compared to the other ones.

I guess in the next 3-4 years a more family friendly vehicle has to replace my current Polo. I don't say I will buy a Mach E, but it will definitely will be one of the options I will concider - Knowing that it's not a traditional Mustang, just a great E-SUV.
you are the reason it is named a Mustang.
some will say oh a Mustang suv EV cool, but they
have not idea about league or history
equally important don't care about it.

I am curious as to the feedback in Europe.
what are folks saying there.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mexico?? Lol.. This won’t fly in Michigan but I don’t think that is their intended market.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
you are the reason it is named a Mustang.
some will say oh a Mustang suv EV cool, but they
have not idea about league or history
equally important don't care about it.

I am curious as to the feedback in Europe.
what are folks saying there.
You got me wrong here (see my post here). If I would want to buy it, I would buy it for good value for the price and good looks - Not because of the Mustang name. They could have called it Edge E and I still see the value of it.
I know the heritage and I don't like the Mustang subbrand thingy they are headed to too.

In social media european fans are also not happy with the Mustang name, there are a lot of hardcore V8 fans here. They also hated the C8 for being midengine while in the US most people seems to enjoy getting a reasonable priced midengine sportscar. But usally this internet stuff is not affecting real sales.
The market for electric cars is growing and I think the Mach E will be a huge hit. I still would have chosen another name, but I can see that the Mustang name on it will push the sales.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
these kind of images just make me sad, what is Ford thinking
thumb-1920-1052397.jpg

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Ford had already lost me as a new car buyer over their lack of quality issues....but this new crap/suv is essentially catering to millennials who don't even have the cash to spend on it, Ford isn't marketing or caring that the people who can afford their stuff is getting very turned off by their over priced products...The other issue is they are expecting us older, more veteran buyers to eventually like it....sorry Ford, I'll be looking at either Honda or Subaru for my next new car. But who cares right? I mean I've only been a die hard Ford guy for like 3 decades, so who cares? Enjoy your future Ford, and thanks for destroying the Mustang name with this bastardized version.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Luke5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Really hoping someone will figure out how to put the screen from the Mach e into our mustangs. Much rather have that than the Phoenix aftermarket screen if it’s even possible.
Sponsored