Sponsored

Are tow hooks considered "rice" if car isn't tracked?

Are tow hooks on cars NOT TRACKED considered rice?

• Yes definitely rice!

• Might be rice but still looks nice

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
First off it is your car, if you like it go for it! Second, who’s going to know if you track your car or not! If your going to mod your car and make it yours, why give a f@#$ what others think.
Anyway here is a pic of an S550 with a tow hook, I stole the pic from jake_zx2 a member on here. Looks decent, if you don’t want it noticeable then paint it black or body color.
ECFD3142-5F26-4DFE-A01B-B993803AB34F.jpeg

I agree. If it's your money, you do whatever you want with it. Saying that, no matter what you do, someone won't like it and at least 100 people will argue over it on the interwebs.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Technically yes, however I have seen some rear wings on Mustangs that do nothing but add weight and drag, so I really see no harm in putting on a tow hook.

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
If you are a lousy driver it could come in handy.
It's a good idea for all cars and drivers.

Everyone breaks eventually having a big red hook for a tow truck to snap to verses having a tow truck guy hook to your radiator support cause he doesn't care is cheap insurance. Just make sure u buy something quality. Alot of tow hooks are made from cheap materials like 6061 and arent actually designed for actual towing just for looks.

Id research it and buy from a rally parts store or an actual racing store, and get a hook rated for more than the weight of your car

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Eh yeah but oh well, the car scene has changed so much over the years that posers get more respect on the interwebs than the real MF'ers so whatevs.
20190705_091907x.jpg

I instruct for the SCCA on a part time basis and you can't be too safe. I've seen some pretty gnarly incidents on-track and a tow-hook is just smart and
required at most track day events. If I see you at a local car show or CnC with a tow hook I'll naturally ask you if you track your car if the answer is yes
you've earned some respect in my book.

Another safety mod that I took possession of today...
20191024_164420.jpg

Lastly, my family and I love rice and eat it at least several times a week lol. #asianfolks

Robracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost with performance package
Its some one that wants to be a track wannabe.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Brah if your not going to use it. Its just extra weight to reduce all of your horse powers. But its your car. So if you dig it? Yolo.

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I could have voted "it depends." Tow hooks look great on certain applications, but crappy on others (i.e. a Mustang with all of the corny Pep Boys stick-on parts, 21" chrome wheels, and rear window louvers).

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
Every time I see a hook on a car that's not on track, I want to roll my eyes. It irritates me, I have to admit. So you have my opinion on it.
I leave mine on off track and it came in handy when I got a flat.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
I fondly recall my old Porsche having a tow hook. It resided in a tool pouch under the bonnet and would screw in when needed at either end. I suppose I would have had to get a spare and screw them both in to be hard core.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
My car is a pure track car and I don't have a tow hook. I think it saved me about 3 lbs of front end weight and that's gold on a fat assed Mustang.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
depends of the car. I would put them in my Mustang since they don't have proper anchors for the tow trucks. I don't want any suspension part bent or my front splitter damaged. Other than that, I would not put them in a car....
Sponsored