Sponsored

Are tow hooks considered "rice" if car isn't tracked?

Are tow hooks on cars NOT TRACKED considered rice?

• Yes definitely rice!

• Might be rice but still looks nice

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Title sums it up nicely. The definition of rice is: Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements for those unfamiliar with the acronym.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Check your genealogy, you might be 1/64th Ricer.:cwl:

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Check your genealogy, you might be 1/64th Ricer.:cwl:
You should have your new grill today bro. Let us know when ya get your car fixed back up, and fingers crossed...you don't peel off the flag overlay on the pony. :)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
IMO even leaving the hook on between HPDE events is putting form over function. But if you like the look, do it. Worry less about what others think and just do what you want to.

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
IMO even leaving the hook on between HPDE events is putting form over function. But if you like the look, do it. Worry less about what others think and just do what you want to.
I was just curious about what other people think about them that's why I did the poll. I'm not gonna criticize anyone who likes the look, to each his/her own...

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I was just curious about what other people think about them that's why I did the poll. I'm not gonna criticize anyone who likes the look, to each his/her own...
Every time I see a hook on a car that's not on track, I want to roll my eyes. It irritates me, I have to admit. So you have my opinion on it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The idea is, within reason, do what you want and give 0 love-makings about what others think.

It's just a tow-hook, not like you're painting pink flamingos on it or something.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Big old steaming bowl of rice.

If the car is tracked, I get it. If you’re trying to make a statement the car is tracked, I get that too. But the car never being tracked or tracked once and just leaving it is very BMW/Honda fanboy-ish.. not my thing.

Nothing screams “I’m a badass” quite like a stock 328i with some wheels and a tow hook ripping through a residential area.. lol.

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
They should have come with screw in tow hooks, at least on the front. If it had to be loaded on a flatbed, how would that be done without damaging the splitter / bumper cover?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
They should have come with screw in tow hooks, at least on the front. If it had to be loaded on a flatbed, how would that be done without damaging the splitter / bumper cover?
Carefully, with a driver who knows what he's doing and who gives a damn. That's a hell of a lot to hope for.

Fortunately, when my car needed to get flatbedded 20 hours after I picked it up, I got that driver. He got under the car to grab the hook points in the frame rails, ran the truck well forward to get as shallow an approach as he could on the bed, and inched it up as though the car was made of glass. Tied it down with wheel straps as well, instead of hooking a suspension component.

If I ever need another tow, I don't think I'll be as lucky with the next guy.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
If you track your car then it's functional and even necessary. But if this is a street car and you paint it bright pink or some other hideous color, you've made it look like a f'ing baby pacifier and you've lost all credibility.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The idea is, within reason, do what you want and give 0 love-makings about what others think.

It's just a tow-hook, not like you're painting pink flamingos on it or something.
And if ya wanna paint pink flamingos, then do it. People should spend more time worrying about what they do instead of what others do unless it directly affects them somehow. Like you said 0 love makings given here. Im so stealing this saying from you LOL.
Sponsored