Sponsored

Loose Rear-end Sensation (especially when accelerating)

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on this ?

I am still feeling some looseness in the rear, even after the alignment, and adjusting both the shock and struts, It's better, but something still feels off.

What is the easiest way to tell if i having any issues wither either the knuckles or wheel bearings ?

It has also been very frustrating that any shop I have been to thus far (over 5) have no clue what re-indexing or clocking the bushings mean after lowering the vehicle (I even tried explaining to them as it was explained to me and they still give me this dumb look).

Anybody know of a good shop in SoCal that KNOWS our vehicles ?
Replacing one of the rear knuckles fixed this issue. Car rides smooth as the day I bought it now.

Unfortunately they didn't show me the issue with the knuckle so I can't describe it or post pictures. But I can confirm it was the issue and replacement fixed it.
Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Replacing one of the rear knuckles fixed this issue. Car rides smooth as the day I bought it now.

Unfortunately they didn't show me the issue with the knuckle so I can't describe it or post pictures. But I can confirm it was the issue and replacement fixed it.
One of the bearings / bushings was most likely bad.

Aside from this it's just a hunk of aluminum. Unless it was cracked / broken but doubtful.

dvalera001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Any luck with the rear end wobbly sensation? I have a 2019 GT vert, lowered on just H&Rs, with camber bolts, and I’m having the same problem. I’m on a staggered set up, but put the stocks back on too and same issue. Had an alignment and I’m within spec, but may take it back with the link in this thread to have it re-aligned better.

Took it to 2 shops in Miami and got the lockout kit recommendation, they also said to replace the subframe bushings and toe links, but really were not certain these changes would fix the wobbly sensation. They checked and retightened all the suspension parts, but didn’t help either. Just read about reclocking bushings, but not sure if that was done or not. I would hope so since the place I took it to get lowered deals with high end performance vehicles all the time. But, you’re right, who knows!

I’m going to do the changes one by one to see if any correct the problem. First up, lockout kit CB010, and possibly toe links too while I’m at it.

Been reading forums for days on this and haven’t found someone who’s had the issue and has posted any resolution. Hope your ride is doing much better and you can share some of the wobbly sensation fix wealth! Crossing fingers!!

dvalera001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
when is it wobbly?
Seems like all the time. Driving straight at any speed (accelerating makes it worse), curves (only initially, then it stops), over bumps too. Wasn’t doing this prior to lowering suspension.

Checked the hubs too and no play.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like all the time. Driving straight at any speed (accelerating makes it worse), curves (only initially, then it stops), over bumps too. Wasn’t doing this prior to lowering suspension.

Checked the hubs too and no play.
if no play in the hubs (and no funny noises or clink sounds), just make sure the suspension pivots with rubber bushings are tightened at right height (i.e clock them)

usually excessive wobble in my limited experience is due to a bad hub (you checked yours). Also look for torn bushings (I had a torn main rear control arm bushing once). If it likes to step out under acceleration or just seems twitchy then get the rear toe aligned to be slightly toe in, not just in spec, but 0.10 to 0.15 toe in per side. Any toe out is bad because its always going to be trying to dart out when one side looses grip.

Even with all that correct and good, the stock rubber in the system will cause it to gently fishtail or oscillate when spinning tires unless you do simething to lock down the play front the rubber lower rear control arm. solid LCRA bearings are available and make the rear a lot more predictable, but they are a little involved to install. Personally I dont feel that subframe is as big of an issue as flex in the control arm and toe arm joints (that toe bearing is much easier to install)

dvalera001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
if no play in the hubs (and no funny noises or clink sounds), just make sure the suspension pivots with rubber bushings are tightened at right height (i.e clock them)

usually excessive wobble in my limited experience is due to a bad hub (you checked yours). Also look for torn bushings (I had a torn main rear control arm bushing once). If it likes to step out under acceleration or just seems twitchy then get the rear toe aligned to be slightly toe in, not just in spec, but 0.10 to 0.15 toe in per side. Any toe out is bad because its always going to be trying to dart out when one side looses grip.

Even with all that correct and good, the stock rubber in the system will cause it to gently fishtail or oscillate when spinning tires unless you do simething to lock down the play front the rubber lower rear control arm. solid LCRA bearings are available and make the rear a lot more predictable, but they are a little involved to install. Personally I dont feel that subframe is as big of an issue as flex in the control arm and toe arm joints (that toe bearing is much easier to install)
Thanks for the great info! I have the lock down kit for the vert coming as well as the toe links, so I’ll give that a shot, since I can prob handle those mods myself. If that doesn’t help, I’ll take it back to a shop that understands clocking the bushings. Hoping this works! I’ll keep the thread updated with my progress.

dvalera001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
So..great news..problem resolved! Upgraded my rear toe and vertical links and riding like new again!!! Seems like the toe links were the main contributor and threw off my toe while driving and causing this rear loose sensation. Now to get my alignment rechecked. Thanks everyone, and special thanks to NightmareMoon!!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So..great news..problem resolved! Upgraded my rear toe and vertical links and riding like new again!!! Seems like the toe links were the main contributor and threw off my toe while driving and causing this rear loose sensation. Now to get my alignment rechecked. Thanks everyone, and special thanks to NightmareMoon!!
What brand or parts did you upgrade to over the stock units?