You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Performance Blue ( body color) for the spoiler and leaving the gurney flap black. We were able to look at the Performance Blue GT350 on the showroom floor to help us make some decisions.
Body Color, spoiler only and no effort to add stripes to the spoiler due to complexity to achieve a quality effort.
The body shop will get the spoiler painted without any rush over the next month and I will pick it up and hold until my car is delivered. Then they will remove and replace for me. I have yet to be able to order an extra set of OEM wheels. Tomster keeps telling me to get aftermarket wheels, but none yet available and I like the idea of the factory wheels in Silver. We shall see???
Wow, what a great concept. I look forward to seeing this when its done.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Peterbilt makes some good looking Mud Flaps. LOL
You laugh, but Jaeger brothers and ZL1 add-ons make rock guards that are small mud flaps that keep the rocks that fly off your sticky tires from hitting your car. I have used them both and Jaeger Bros are a superior product IMHO.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Performance Blue ( body color) for the spoiler and leaving the gurney flap black. We were able to look at the Performance Blue GT350 on the showroom floor to help us make some decisions.
Body Color, spoiler only and no effort to add stripes to the spoiler due to complexity to achieve a quality effort.
The body shop will get the spoiler painted without any rush over the next month and I will pick it up and hold until my car is delivered. Then they will remove and replace for me. I have yet to be able to order an extra set of OEM wheels. Tomster keeps telling me to get aftermarket wheels, but none yet available and I like the idea of the factory wheels in Silver. We shall see???
Yes, and not any aftermarket wheels, fully forged aftermarket. I have a set of signature wheels on JR357 and couldn't be happier. I've opted for another set for HR871. I will, without a doubt get a set (undecided on which model) for the 500. A fully forged wheel will save a lot of weight and bring your car closer to the CFTP weight. OEM wheels are just heavy cast aluminum and I wouldn't waste my time in them. Go fully forged and get a nice performance tire to go along with it.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
You laugh, but Jaeger brothers and ZL1 add-ons make rock guards that are small mud flaps that keep the rocks that fly off your sticky tires from hitting your car. I have used them both and Jaeger Bros are a superior product IMHO.
I had two sets of Jaeger Brother’s flaps fly off on track. So I bought a set from ZL1. They have a much better mounting system and have not come off. I’d recommend them.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I had two sets of Jaeger Brother’s flaps fly off on track. So I bought a set from ZL1. They have a much better mounting system and have not come off. I’d recommend them.
I had a set of ZL1 flaps fly off on the track. I definitely wouldn't use Jaegers on the track, they are more for street use. The ZL1s use 3M double-sided tape to hold theirs on. After the first set came flying off, ZL1 sent a set of clips to hold the second set on. I didn't want to use clips, so I just went with Jaegers instead.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Ford made a decent set or rear flaps for the GT350. Hopefully they will do the same for the GT500 then we will only have to source fronts.. I used ZL1 on my last two cars and I thought the front mounted better than the rear.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a set of ZL1 flaps fly off on the track. I definitely wouldn't use Jaegers on the track, they are more for street use. The ZL1s use 3M double-sided tape to hold theirs on. After the first set came flying off, ZL1 sent a set of clips to hold the second set on. I didn't want to use clips, so I just went with Jaegers instead.
The ZL1’s now use the fender liner push pins to hold them on (in addition to the two sided tape):
https://zl1addons.com/collections/ford-mustang-rock-guards/products/mustang-gt350-deluxe

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Funny but true I installed Jaeger bros in the parking lot before driving my 2014 home 4hrs.
Salesman thought I was crazy :)
-J

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Funny but true I installed Jaeger bros in the parking lot before driving my 2014 home 4hrs.
A man after my own heart. Impressive and now I need to look into those two outfits neither of whom I'd ever heard of before.

So, for you guys with experience using Jaeger and ZL1...will we have to wait for them to build a 500 version or do either of them have something now that will work on the new cars?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
A man after my own heart. Impressive and now I need to look into those two outfits neither of whom I'd ever heard of before.

So, for you guys with experience using Jaeger and ZL1...will we have to wait for them to build a 500 version or do either of them have something now that will work on the new cars?
I don't see why either of them wouldn't work. S550 design and from the photos I've seen, the only change to the rocker panels is an add-on which would have nothing to-do with the attachment points for either product.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Most excellent news, Tomster..thanks. I'm gonna go have a look see as I'm a "paint guy" and hate rock chips. I also use Xpel film on the rear rockers but for me, even that isn't enough paint protection so flaps, here I come. :-)

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
A fully forged wheel will save a lot of weight and bring your car closer to the CFTP weight. OEM wheels are just heavy cast aluminum and I wouldn't waste my time in them. Go fully forged and get a nice performance tire to go along with it.
The OEM 2020 GT500 wheels are Flow Formed, they are suppose to be lighter and stronger than cast wheels.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 makes high quality stuff. They are most famous for their tow hooks as most of us use them. They are well known in the community. I highly recommend them.
The Jaeger Bros shields are held on by wind lace, clamped on the fender edge.... I can’t believe I bought a second set after the first fell off. Wish I had known about the ZL1’s sooner.

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
31,34,48 and 2019 Fords + a 58& 66 Chevy trucks
The OEM 2020 GT500 wheels are Flow Formed, they are suppose to be lighter and stronger than cast wheels.

Thank you Earl,
I enjoyed the video and had no idea that the normal cold forming process had been adapted as HOT flow forming. It obviously requires excellent process control with a resulting high end product. I have reached out to the
" Carbon Revolution " wheel folks to see if they offer an aftermarket replacement to their OEM wheel on the GT500. (They do not). I appreciate your post and have now reached out to the Tectran folks to see if they will be manufacturing a flow formed wheel for anyone of their aftermarket customers that will be offering a wheel for the GT500?
Regards,
George