1st Mods on 2020 GT500

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
If I like the CFTP more than the base wing, what are the options for replacing it? You guys think replicas will come out soon after production?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
George/Jaime: I WANT ONE! <grin>
Everyone I know that has one from Beith Performance can't say enough about it, and that's from a lot of people. In hind sight, I am glad it ended up being this car for which I finally pulled the trigger. Now I will feel yet another difference from my previous S550 cars. Tim was really great to work with as well, he was patient through my indecisiveness lol.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
DANG, Jaime...those things are EXPENSIVE! I guess I should have known that something looking THAT good would be. You don't get a complete new wheel, right? :-)
Indeed, they are NOT cheap. Which is why I wasn't in a rush to pull the trigger for my last car. This is an entirely new to me wheel, I did not have to supply a core. You disassemble the plastic back plate, wire harness and paddles from your wheel and install on the new wheel. Also your bezels if not getting the carbon fiber ones. This is super easy to do, most anyone can do it. I have done it quite a few times for myself when I switched to the GT350 wheel and for many local friends.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime: Many thanks for the installation insight and now that I know it's an entirely new wheel, the price is understandable. I'll wait until they have the new wheel ready and then decide but, I'm leaning in that direction for sure. :=)

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I’ve been ok on all my cars without it. Mud flaps is the main thing needed for me due to the wide tires. I don’t keep my cars long enough to justify that. I get bored and swap to the next best thing.
Peterbilt makes some good looking Mud Flaps. LOL

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK guys, be honest with me here.... but be gentle. I was "this close" to ordering the wheel with 2 sight stripes but talked myself outta doing it at the last minute. As far as I know, nobody else has done this and I was looking to be unique. I have never owned a Shelby or a mustang with over the top stripes before and I thought they would tie into the white OTT stripes on my FPB car. I was wicked indecisive with Tim when I was designing the wheel and got scared and put the order in with only 1 stripe, did I make the right decision???

60833020-3CCB-467C-BD51-EAC776EAC5E7_zpsv5cfnr07.jpg

EDIT: Yes, I realize what the sight stripe is for, but technically it is still functional with 2 stripes.

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
31,34,48 and 2019 Fords + a 58& 66 Chevy trucks
OK guys, be honest with me here.... but be gentle. I was "this close" to ordering the wheel with 2 sight stripes but talked myself outta doing it at the last minute. As far as I know, nobody else has done this and I was looking to be unique. I have never owned a Shelby or a mustang with over the top stripes before and I thought they would tie into the white OTT stripes on my FPB car. I was wicked indecisive with Tim when I was designing the wheel and got scared and put the order in with only 1 stripe, did I make the right decision???

60833020-3CCB-467C-BD51-EAC776EAC5E7_zpsv5cfnr07.jpg

EDIT: Yes, I realize what the sight stripe is for, but technically it is still functional with 2 stripes.

One ties in nicely with OEM so I would say you made a good logical decision

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
The first box to arrive with something to play with while we wait. I will have to pick a local shop to have it painted.
IMG_8204.JPG
Update: I took the spoiler to the dealer today for painting. Ready for this....He could not take the part in without a serial number for a vehicle ....as they need one for Carfax. My GT500 serial number wouldn't work for him so we logged into the system with my F-150 serial number. It's going to show "submitted for service" on 8/20/2019 but "no damage".

Good story for someone when they want to know if my truck has a clean car fax. geezem smile

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I took the spoiler to the dealer today for painting. Ready for this....He could not take the part in without a serial number for a vehicle ....as they need one for Carfax. My GT500 serial number wouldn't work for him so we logged into the system with my F-150 serial number. It's going to show "submitted for service" on 8/20/2019 but "no damage".

Good story for someone when they want to know if my truck has a clean car fax. geezem smile
Wow, I have never heard of this. I have had many OEM parts painted at dealers and they have never needed a VIN. Anyway, looking forward to the finished product. What color are you painting them?

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Wow, I have never heard of this. I have had many OEM parts painted at dealers and they have never needed a VIN. Anyway, looking forward to the finished product. What color are you painting them?

Performance Blue ( body color) for the spoiler and leaving the gurney flap black. We were able to look at the Performance Blue GT350 on the showroom floor to help us make some decisions.
Body Color, spoiler only and no effort to add stripes to the spoiler due to complexity to achieve a quality effort.
The body shop will get the spoiler painted without any rush over the next month and I will pick it up and hold until my car is delivered. Then they will remove and replace for me. I have yet to be able to order an extra set of OEM wheels. Tomster keeps telling me to get aftermarket wheels, but none yet available and I like the idea of the factory wheels in Silver. We shall see???