1st Mods on 2020 GT500

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
31,34,48 and 2019 Fords + a 58& 66 Chevy trucks
If you don’t mind what is the last 3 of your build that could give us all a clue on how many they are up to of course not absolute truth but maybe some idea. PM if not wanting to put it out to world or not wanting to share thanks

it's not mine but use 150 as it is close and a nice even number picked at random

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
May I ask 2 questions??? Whats a "swing"? And what did you pay for the "Gurney Flap"?? I have on order the "Handling Package" which is $1,500 and the only thing I really wanted is the Gurney Flap as I have no need for the "struts".
Ford Enginering folks nicknamed a spoiler and a wing combination a "SWING"

Last edited:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
It will be a while before that populates. Call Ford Performance once each Friday.
Have you checked on mine recently? Ive never ordered a car before this so curious about when they are generated

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Have you checked on mine recently? Ive never ordered a car before this so curious about when they are generated
I checked today, no window sticker

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Ford Enginering folks nicknamed a spoiler and a wing combination a "SWING"
The first box to arrive with something to play with while we wait. I will have to pick a local shop to have it painted.
IMG_8204.JPG

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered my BeithPerformance steering wheel! I meant to order one for my last car but decided not to when the final decision was made to return the car to stock and trade the car in for the GT500. Very excited to finally have one of these steering wheels.

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered my BeithPerformance steering wheel! I meant to order one for my last car but decided not to when the final decision was made to return the car to stock and trade the car in for the GT500. Very excited to finally have one of these steering wheels.
What model did you order and how does it work with the DCT levers? Same wheels as before ?
thanks

TexxasGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2018 Rator, 2020 GT500
What model did you order and how does it work with the DCT levers? Same wheels as before ?
thanks
Thinking the same thing. I was going to switch mine over from my 350 but figured due to the paddles it wouldn't work.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
thanks
Thinking the same thing. I was going to switch mine over from my 350 but figured due to the paddles it wouldn't work.

I went with perforated leather on the sides with carbon fiber inserts in the thumb grips, smooth black leather top and bottom with white sight strip and stitching. Oh, I'm getting the carbon fiber bezels to tie into the carbon fiber dash insert I ordered with the car. Here is a photoshopped picture of what it will look like.

D087D546-F6D1-4F3B-9A87-EEDCF55FB844_zpsvzicjoet.jpg

So, when you use a GT350 or Beith wheel on the A6 transmission cars, the guts and paddles from the stock wheel carry over to the new wheel. I am basically taking a leap of faith the DTC paddles will carry over, just like the A6 ones did. I just don't care for the alcantara very much and I much prefer leather. My GT350 wheel matted down and I didn't very much care for the feel of alcantara. I hemmed and hawed over going with a carbon fiber wheel but I think its too much carbon personally, and I don't particularly care for a cold in the winter, and hot in the summer steering wheel. Leather isn't a complete game changer, but it is better than the hard plastic feel.

Last edited:

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
I went with perforated leather on the sides with carbon fiber inserts in the thumb grips, smooth black leather top and bottom with white sight strip and stitching. Oh, I'm getting the carbon fiber bezels to tie into the carbon fiber dash insert I ordered with the car. Here is a photoshopped picture of what it will look like.

D087D546-F6D1-4F3B-9A87-EEDCF55FB844_zpsvzicjoet.jpg

So, when you use a GT350 or Beith wheel on the A6 transmission cars, the guts and paddles from the stock wheel carry over to the new wheel. I am basically taking a leap of faith the DTC paddles will carry over, just like the A6 ones did. I just don't care for the alcantara very much and I much prefer leather. My GT350 wheel matted down and I didn't very much care for the feel of alcantara. I hemmed and hawed over going with a carbon fiber wheel but I think its too much carbon personally, and I don't particularly care for a cold in the winter, and hot in the summer steering wheel. Leather isn't a complete game changer, but it is better than the hard plastic feel.

Please don't forget to let us know how it turns out? Your photo shopped version is very nice and you did an excellent job of design. I'm concerned that the white strip will get dirty and stay dirty on my factory wheel and will have to wait on your efforts to try something new. Good Job!

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Looking forward to seeing you around town George. Was wondering if Woody had gotten any allotments.

Only one CFTP so far with a decent chance at another. I was number 7 on their list , so I had to hustle and bought a base model out of town. I still ping them regulary for a CFTP allocation.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Please don't forget to let us know how it turns out? Your photo shopped version is very nice and you did an excellent job of design. I'm concerned that the white strip will get dirty and stay dirty on my factory wheel and will have to wait on your efforts to try something new. Good Job!
Thank you. I can take credit for the design but I had to dial a friend to do the photoshop work haha. Being a white leather strip on the stock wheel and the one I ordered the white should clean up quite nicely. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your spoiler setup.