NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
Roush carries some weight due to Nascar. People recognize the name. I see fake Roush's all the time on Instagram. I also get stopped on the regular and usually because it's a Roush and they've never seen one. No different than paying an up-charge for a Dale Earnhardt Chevy Monte Carlo back in the day. Or buying a shitty Nike tshirt made in the same sweat shop as one from Walmart. Doesn't matter that it's just a name with "stickers", people like brand name shit. If you're a fan then you're a fan. Here's what you get with a 2017 RS3.
I agree, but also to me its more than just name brand, its proven reliability. I'll just add that the person who originally bought my Roush also paid for the active exhaust, billet pedals, and a $500 toolkit with your very own Roush gloves! Ok... now that's overpriced. :cwl: I've taken it out of the trunk.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I'm just going to add another two cents. What about resale value, even though you pay more for a Roush I would think the resale should be better than someone adding a blower in their garage. Just my opinion.
Pay now or pay later. Throwing a supercharger on a GT is cheap up front. Resale is a down the road thing.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, but also to me its more than just name brand, its proven reliability. I'll just add that the person who originally bought my Roush also paid for the active exhaust, billet pedals, and a $500 toolkit with your very own Roush gloves! Ok... now that's overpriced. :cwl: I've taken it out of the trunk.
I love mine. The 18 A10 was very quick already but with the new tune they released and 40% bigger/cooler HE they started throwing in the kits in May it's a way faster. There's absolutely no comparison. And they have a Phase 2 for the 18+'s coming out soon according to Roush. I assume the bigger HE was in preparation for that. I got a great deal on my whole package but I don't regret it. Of course it all comes down to ROI for me. I could not have built my car for what I paid, with a single point of contact warranty, closer than 40 miles from my home.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Also might add the complexity of not being able to sell the car because it won’t pass emissions testing. Ask me how I know.
Are you saying the Roush blower will prevent you from passing emissions? Where?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Are you saying the Roush blower will prevent you from passing emissions? Where?
No, I was trying to say Roush probably stands a good chance at passing the testing vs the type that I went with that doesn’t.

OP
OP
HBDCowboys

HBDCowboys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
OP
OP
HBDCowboys

HBDCowboys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Also might add the complexity of not being able to sell the car because it won’t pass emissions testing. Ask me how I know.
Not worried about emissions. I live in Jersey but I’m military and the car is registered in Florida so I don’t get tested.

OP
OP
HBDCowboys

HBDCowboys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I’ve been doing a lot of research and the Edelbrock kit seems to be cheaper than the Whipple and Roush stage 1 kits. Are they any less safe than Whipple or Roush? I’m not really planning to take it to the drag strip..I just want something fun and reliable that makes 575-650ish whp.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve been doing a lot of research and the Edelbrock kit seems to be cheaper than the Whipple and Roush stage 1 kits. Are they any less safe than Whipple or Roush? I’m not really planning to take it to the drag strip..I just want something fun and reliable that makes 575-650ish whp.
Edelbrock FTW!...

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
As for the resale value, it's worth it. I recently traded in my gorgeous '13 GHIG Roush Stage 3 and got almost 40k for it. Super clean, super low miles and well kept as I am with all my vehicles.
I picked up a '19 Shadow Black, (triple black), RS3 for the 2013 and am totally happy with my choice.
Good luck OP!

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
As for the resale value, it's worth it. I recently traded in my gorgeous '13 GHIG Roush Stage 3 and got almost 40k for it. Super clean, super low miles and well kept as I am with all my vehicles.
I picked up a '19 Shadow Black, (triple black), RS3 for the 2013 and am totally happy with my choice.
Good luck OP!
That was the best color ever, please show some pics of that green machine!

OP
OP
HBDCowboys

HBDCowboys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Robs Performance in Bellville NJ is a Mustang shop who does quality work at a fair price and does supercharger installs.
Sponsored