Sponsored

Might be too soon, but any 2019 GT350's encounter any issues?

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I think you made the observation that every spare shifter in the Ford inventory has been utilized to repair defective units pushed out to the dealerships/consumers. And since they're still building 2019's as we speak, you know every shifter that arrives is being installed into new vehicles. That is a BAD situation if you find yourself requiring a new shifter for a warranty repair.
Yep, when my dealership's parts dept. initially checked on 07/16/2019 to get a replacement OEM shifter, they were told that all shifters that the main Ford warehouse had in stock contained the defective part, so FMC is solely depending on the vender, who makes the shifter, to replace the defective stock as well as providing shifters for the cars being produced! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it will be a while before they have shifters back in stock, or for warranty claims. Had I not bought an MGW shifter two days after getting that news, my car would still be sitting at the dealership, shiftless! I have really lost a lot of faith in Ford as a dependable and competent manufacturer. This has, hands down, been the worst new car purchasing process I have ever experienced.
Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anyone with 2019 see any panel gap issues or were they fixed? Thanks. Those coming from previous year 350 feel difference in drive?

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Anyone with 2019 see any panel gap issues or were they fixed? Thanks. Those coming from previous year 350 feel difference in drive?
All Mustangs from now on will always have panel gap issues I got an early 2019 build and I will say the panel gaps are far far better than some I have seen Im happy with them for what the car is and will always be.

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I definitely have panel gap issues...I figure thats what you get at this price point. If it were a 911 (and at 911 pricing) it would be unacceptable. At this price point, and for the performance I got for it, its fine.

I have driven a 17 and a 19, and the 19 is MUCH improved on clutch feel (very important, imo). Hard to say on the rest, as I only drove the 17 for 15 minutes or so.

Last edited:

Yerfdog13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350 K0164
Not sure if this is an issue at this point but is definitely odd. Twice in the last few days when I go to get in the car in the morning, when I open the door, nothing comes on, interior lights, dash, running lights or sync system. First time it happened I had actually already sat down and was like something is not right. I shut the door and reopened it and everything lit up. Did the same a couple of days later and I realized it while I was still standing, so I shut the door and opened and everything came on. So not sure if this is just some odd quirk or not at this point. I have owned 4 previous Mustangs over the past 29 years and have never encountered this.

Sponsored

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Not sure if this is an issue at this point but is definitely odd. Twice in the last few days when I go to get in the car in the morning, when I open the door, nothing comes on, interior lights, dash, running lights or sync system. First time it happened I had actually already sat down and was like something is not right. I shut the door and reopened it and everything lit up. Did the same a couple of days later and I realized it while I was still standing, so I shut the door and opened and everything came on. So not sure if this is just some odd quirk or not at this point. I have owned 4 previous Mustangs over the past 29 years and have never encountered this.
Definitely odd. I will say that sometimes the seat doesnt move to the correct position when I hit the start button, or move at all actually. I usually get in, hit the start button, wait for seat to move, depress clutch, start the car. Not sure if that is the correct order, but it doesnt always work as planned. I have to hit he memory seat button to get the seat where its supposed to go.

I do wonder if the electical gremlins are a result of these cars sitting outside while waiting on parts...

J-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Ford Performance Blue K1992
Definitely odd. I will say that sometimes the seat doesnt move to the correct position when I hit the start button, or move at all actually. I usually get in, hit the start button, wait for seat to move, depress clutch, start the car. Not sure if that is the correct order, but it doesnt always work as planned. I have to hit he memory seat button to get the seat where its supposed to go.

I do wonder if the electical gremlins are a result of these cars sitting outside while waiting on parts...
I have been experiencing the same issue with the seat not moving to the correct position even after following the steps in the manual to program the key to driver position 1. I've run those steps multiple times with my first key. I'm going to try my second key to see if that makes a difference. Like you, some days I don't have the issue - most days I do. Thought maybe it was me ;-)

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Panel gaps are not perfect, but they are better than I expected. Mustangs have notoriously had panel gap issues....it has become part of the car's heritage. That said, keep in mind all of the panels forward of the A pillar are Shelby specific. The fenders are wider, the hood is unique and the front fascia is specific to this car. They had been designed to fit on the Mustang monocoque frame. Surely the fit tolerances were not as stringent for these lower volume bodies then the mass Mustang run.

So far so good elsewhere. I have an occasional buzz from the dash and / or rear deck when I get north of 6000 rpms. I have to expect that to some degree with the terror under the hood and a harmonic resonance,. I may add some felt insulation here and there when the weather cools and I muster the energy to attack those. But otherwise I am impressed how solid the car is, considering again its roots as a mass market Mustang. A few panel ticks I noticed in my first 300 miles seem to have been exorcised as the panels seat themselves.

I am just now @ 750 miles in 3 months, so I remain focused for gremlins. But nothing mentioned here could steal the thunder this beast delivers.

OP
OP
MHdude

MHdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, Kona Blue w/ White Stripes
Looks like the issues are now coming in... here's a post from the Facebook GT350 group:

upload_2019-8-16_10-3-42.png

Sponsored
OP
OP
MHdude

MHdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, Kona Blue w/ White Stripes
That's not my post/car, I just took a screenshot of that. It's from another member of the Facebook GT350 Owners group. Apparently he traded it in for a 2019 GT350R.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
I got it now. Thanks for the clarification.
That's not my post/car, I just took a screenshot of that. It's from another member of the Facebook GT350 Owners group. Apparently he traded it in for a 2019 GT350R.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
So I got the call from the dealer yesterday on my Airbag light, splitter issue and front clicking noise. He said the splitter was not aligned properly (I guess theres a tab in there somewhere), and they got that fixed. He said the connector or plug or something for the Air Bag system was faulty, causing the code, so he's got a replacement ordered. He said there was another code for another connector, and he had that ordered as well (once I get the paperwork, I'll update to be more specific..I was working when he called so I didnt write anything down). On the clicking noise, he said he couldn't replicate it, but in his defense, I havent heard it for a while myself....maybe just some bearings that needed some movement to be greased properly, idk.

Anyway, he said it might be ready today (Friday) and if the parts dont come in quickly enough, it'll be Monday. So, it sounds like we are getting somewhere. At least the splitter and air bag light will be fixed, and honestly, neither affected the way the car performed (its a barely restrained beast), but are both safety issues, so I'll be glad to have it fixed up.

UPDATE: Got to pick up the car this evening....and apparently it was all the seatbelt tensioner. There was a connector with a faulty wire in the seatbelt tensioner on the driver side that was causing the air bag fault. They changed out the tensioner, and I am assuming the air bag connector as well. They also fixed the splitter, so now it looks right. Havent driven it in a week, and driving it home I just couldnt stop grinning, listening to it roar as I rolled through the gears!! I love this thing so much.

Last edited:

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Sure seems like the 19's have more QC issues than other years. Wonder what changed?
Sponsored