Sponsored

Might be too soon, but any 2019 GT350's encounter any issues?

GTPinCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2016 Cayman GT4, 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth (past cars: 2012 370z, 2013 GTR)
So far no issues on my 2019 R, but just picked it up this weekend, and only have 130, under 4k RPM, miles on it.

The one thing I noticed, when compared to my other manual transmissions cars, is the seems the shifter visibly shakes (vibrates) when
in idle and driving. I need to search the forums, but feel like I've seen this topic before - to see if it was normal, or something can be adjusted to help it. Its not bad, just slight, but on my Abarth and GT4, they shifters are solid, especially when it gear, and the shifter does not vibrate at all.
Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
So far no issues on my 2019 R, but just picked it up this weekend, and only have 130, under 4k RPM, miles on it.

The one thing I noticed, when compared to my other manual transmissions cars, is the seems the shifter visibly shakes (vibrates) when
in idle and driving. I need to search the forums, but feel like I've seen this topic before - to see if it was normal, or something can be adjusted to help it. Its not bad, just slight, but on my Abarth and GT4, they shifters are solid, especially when it gear, and the shifter does not vibrate at all.
I believe this is just because the gt350's flat plane crank just makes that much vibration even with the rubber doughnut thing they use to dampen it.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Concerning the network connection message, you can disable the automatic updates in SETTINGS. That will disable the prompt until the Sync 3 software update is made.
I also have inconsistent connection to my Galaxy Note 8. The phone connects, but ENABLE APPS sometimes toggle off. I have to shut down the car, reboot the phone.....
Last, I have a 'tick' that sounds like it comes from the driver's door. It may just be the panels seating, but I hear a similar 'tick' when I apply pressure to the side rockers. It may be the connections. I only have 450 miles so far so it will be awhile before a dealer visit and it may cure itself.

That said, minor issues for any car (particularly software / technology related). The car feels like a tank, sounds like a beast, runs like a rocket and makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.
Well my Sync3 is now magically loading up AppLink correctly. Since I had previously done a master reset, re-paired the phone, uninstalled and re-installed the apps did not cure the inconsistent AppLink loading, I waited. Well it cured itself. I suspect it was something in the Android updates or updates to the apps themselves. I also thought it might be something in the Bluetooth profile that conflicted when I jump from the Acura to the Shelby. So in good practice as I approach the car, unlock the phone, launch the apps, start the car and it seems to have cured itself. For now... Also, the driver door 'tick' seems to have been exorcised after I had the windows tinted and left the car in the sun to cure. The one million degree temperature baked out the tick. I'll chalk it up to panels seating themselves.

Not sure but the email I sent to a Voodoo high priest in Jamaica might have helped too. All is well in the universe....for now.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
My 2019 GT350 shifter took a dump at 700 miles. It locked me out of second gear and when I stopped, it could be put into reverse without pulling up in the collar. I took it to the dealer and my SVT tech, after looking at the top, said something failed in it's innards and he ordered a new OEM shifter, which was on back order. Real surprise, right? If they don't have an ETA for it by tomorrow, I think I'm gonna bite the bullet, order a MGW shifter, and have them install it. I'm sick of the waiting games with this car, which took almost six months to be delivered with all the holds we experienced.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
I've recently seen @ least a couple others w/ unexplained shifter glitches on '19 over on GT350 Owners... I personally would highly recommend opting for the MGW.
Installed it on my prior GT350 and LOVED it! Have one now awaiting to be installed on my '18 GT350. Great upgrade!

Sponsored

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
With sufficient (too much) force, my shifter can be pulled up/pushed down vertically, which affects the reverse lockout. Pull it up too high and reverse does not lock out at all. Push it down too low, and even lifting the collar will not get it to go into reverse, but the throw sure is nice and short :p

Discovered this after an aggressive 1-2. Not a big enough issue to deal with at the moment: I don't want to give the car to a dealer, and I don't want to mess around with it myself while I'm still enjoying it in its untouched brand newness.

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
Took delivery of my 2019 GT PP1 at the end of March and the only issue has been a B&O door speaker quit working.

Just got back from MT, CO, and TX. My Mustang has 10500 miles and no oil burn, purrs like a kitten.

I opted for all the options, they seem to work as advertised.

I couldn't be happier. It will take me two weeks just to get the bugs off it!

To clarify, I know it's a GT. Just a perspective.

Last edited:

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Mine was delivered to the dealer on Friday but I can't pick it up because Ford shipped it without a driver's side seat belt latch. One is on emergency order and should arrive tomorrow. I'm hoping to pick up my "built May 6th and waiting ever since" GT350 on Friday. Just throwing it out there, but you all might want to check your passenger side. :crazy:

OP
OP
MHdude

MHdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, Kona Blue w/ White Stripes
My 2019 GT350 shifter took a dump at 700 miles. It locked me out of second gear and when I stopped, it could be put into reverse without pulling up in the collar. I took it to the dealer and my SVT tech, after looking at the top, said something failed in it's innards and he ordered a new OEM shifter, which was on back order. Real surprise, right? If they don't have an ETA for it by tomorrow, I think I'm gonna bite the bullet, order a MGW shifter, and have them install it. I'm sick of the waiting games with this car, which took almost six months to be delivered with all the holds we experienced.
With sufficient (too much) force, my shifter can be pulled up/pushed down vertically, which affects the reverse lockout. Pull it up too high and reverse does not lock out at all. Push it down too low, and even lifting the collar will not get it to go into reverse, but the throw sure is nice and short :p

Discovered this after an aggressive 1-2. Not a big enough issue to deal with at the moment: I don't want to give the car to a dealer, and I don't want to mess around with it myself while I'm still enjoying it in its untouched brand newness.
I knew sooner or later the problems were going to start rolling in. :frown: Hopefully the shifter issues get resolved for you guys soon.

Sponsored

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
Has anyone else felt this?

When I’m shifting (upshifts or downshift revmatch) at around 4K RPM and releasing the clutch pedal I notice vibrations like that of a Philips Sonicare toothbrush at the bite point for a fraction of a second. Other than that it’s completely normal. It feels like something is loose and at some RPM (~4k) it reaches its resonance frequency. I looked at stuff in the driver’s footwell area above the pedals and nothing seemed loose or dangling.

I have tried this only when everything is completely warmed up.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My 2019 GT350 shifter took a dump at 700 miles. It locked me out of second gear and when I stopped, it could be put into reverse without pulling up in the collar. I took it to the dealer and my SVT tech, after looking at the top, said something failed in it's innards and he ordered a new OEM shifter, which was on back order. Real surprise, right? If they don't have an ETA for it by tomorrow
I know of a similar incident that happened recently at the SCCA Pro Solo event in Peru, IN. One of the guys with a new '19 350 demolished his shifter lockout on a 1 - 2 shift. He was running the car without a lockout but at least there wasn't really any aggressive downshifting to 2nd.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I know of a similar incident that happened recently at the SCCA Pro Solo event in Peru, IN. One of the guys with a new '19 350 demolished his shifter lockout on a 1 - 2 shift. He was running the car without a lockout but at least there wasn't really any aggressive downshifting to 2nd.
I've had my MGW in for about a couple weeks. It is just fine and I have no more worries about the OEM failing. By the way, my OEM warrantied shifter has been on back order since mid July. Imagine your car sitting for four weeks waiting for Ford to send a new shifter. No word from Ford as to when it will be available. What a screw up by Ford.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
I've had my MGW in for about a couple weeks. It is just fine and I have no more worries about the OEM failing. By the way, my OEM warrantied shifter has been on back order since mid July. Imagine your car sitting for four weeks waiting for Ford to send a new shifter. No word from Ford as to when it will be available. What a screw up by Ford.
I think you made the observation that every spare shifter in the Ford inventory has been utilized to repair defective units pushed out to the dealerships/consumers. And since they're still building 2019's as we speak, you know every shifter that arrives is being installed into new vehicles. That is a BAD situation if you find yourself requiring a new shifter for a warranty repair.

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
My 2019 has an airbag light that comes on most of the time, and it had a slight ticking noise in the right front wheel area initially that has went away. I have about 600 or so miles on it, and it is scheduled to go into the service department next Monday for the airbag light.

Hoping I dont have the shifter issue, but if I do....MGW here I come!!! :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored