3.7 Forced induction

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
So then that is just a stock 3.5 EB sensor... Where did you source the parts for the adapter if you dont mind me asking?
I can now confirm with 99.9% accuracy that this is in fact the sensor used in the procharger kit, and I have the calibration data for it if anyone needs it. You'll just have to build the adapter. The adapter will also work with any bosch sensor that uses that style connector as long as you can find the calibration data to scale it.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
That looks great @Patrick! Does that one induction tube on the driver passenger side fit all the way? It looks like it slightly is off from the photo angle. Your concept looks like its all coming together! Nice that you found out about the MAP sensor. Rich source for the community.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
That looks great @Patrick! Does that one induction tube on the driver passenger side fit all the way? It looks like it slightly is off from the photo angle. Your concept looks like its all coming together! Nice that you found out about the MAP sensor. Rich source for the community.
The area around the openings in the grille are not perfect circles and also curve with the front of grille so there are small gaps around parts of the velocity stacks I used. They are both pushed as tight to the grille as possible. The angle of the picture probably exaggerates the one side more than the other.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I see. I honestly thought you were gonna leave the perforated screens in place or cut them out and replace woth with a better mesh then mount the filters behind them. I like your execution though. Unique.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Whats the next step in the project?

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I see. I honestly thought you were gonna leave the perforated screens in place or cut them out and replace woth with a better mesh then mount the filters behind them. I like your execution though. Unique.
I was going to leave them in, but I thought they might be too restrictive. The actual filters are in the engine bay so I can get to them without taking the bumper off.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I was going to leave them in, but I thought they might be too restrictive. The actual filters are in the engine bay so I can get to them without taking the bumper off.
I'm almost done! Just have to finish the exhaust and tune it. I got ahold of a stock procharger tune I'm going to use as a base tune. I already calibrated the injectors and the MAP sensor, I've had it running without the intake connected and it idles perfect.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Well even better news for those chasing down the ecoboost conversion. As I mentioned before P3 found a guy who does the stock turbo upgrades on EcoBoost twin turbos and he has a knockout price. From everything he is going to do these will put the stock set above the Borg Warner GTs for half the price.

This means you can purchase a stock set of 2013-14 f150 ecoboost twin turbos and them upgraded to get better performing turbos for under the cost it would take you to get the BW GT drop in turbos. That's crazy...

I am following P3 regularly and we communicate about his project. If this turns into a high performing twin turbo project it will eliminate all the negatives/concerns associated with the ecoboost conversion. This could be gold.

*EDIT: This pricing is the prototyping of the 58mm build. There would be a jump in price from the standard 53mm upgrade, which hovers around the above pricing, but this shop's web pricing is still low as hell.

Screenshot_20190702-200345_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
How's everyone doing? Projects moving along? Been gone on vacation over the 4th of July in the Croatian Adriatic Sea! Some pics to enjoy.
20190708_095034.jpg
20190706_151422.jpg
20190706_151352.jpg
20190706_145923.jpg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
That is some beautiful water there, I made my way to a the beach this weekend but it was choppy and nowhere near as clear as that!

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Finished yesterday!! (For now). I'm going to enjoy the car safely on very low boost for the rest of the summer and then work on adding power over the winter. I just want to drive my car! Even running on nothing but 3lb spring pressure there is a notable seat of the pants power increase.

Also I enabled line lock.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Woot! Way to go bro. Happy it all got put together! Now give us a driving video so we can hear it! And maybe an undershot of the manifold and exhaust work. Again, amazing project.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Woot! Way to go bro. Happy it all got put together! Now give us a driving video so we can hear it! And maybe an undershot of the manifold and exhaust work. Again, amazing project.
Actually can't hear much over the engine, only at low RPM. I think because I used recirc valves instead of a BOV.

Also I'm sorry but I won't be showing my welds to anyone lol!
Sponsored