Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
This happened to me too. I spoke with Lund, it has to do with them not wanting anyone to access their parameters and the lockout is specific for the GT350. Flash the car back to stock (but don’t start it if you have an aftermarket intake as it will shake and studder), and then do the Forscan mods, it will work fine. Once you make all the Forscan changes, flash the tune again and you’re good to go.
Ahh this makes sense. Got it bro thanks for the helpful info. Hopefully my stock tune is still on the tuner.
Sponsored

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT500; '22 F150; '19 Giulia QV; '21 GTI
Ahh this makes sense. Got it bro thanks for the helpful info. Hopefully my stock tune is still on the tuner.
No problem. Happy to help. I guess the intake comment I made was irrelevant seeing all your mods, I guess I should have read your sig before posting..!!

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
No problem. Happy to help. I guess the intake comment I made was irrelevant seeing all your mods, I guess I should have read your sig before posting..!!
LOL yea all those mods and I still play exhaust through the speakers and get that damn double horn honk.

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT500; '22 F150; '19 Giulia QV; '21 GTI
LOL yea all those mods and I still play exhaust through the speakers and get that damn double horn honk.
Lol. Getting rid of the horn honk was first things I did to the Shelby and my F150. So annoying. I did keep the speaker sound though, I mean, the windows are usually down anyway :)

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Is "Engine Sound Enhancement" enabled in the 15-17 GT?
No.

When I first heard of the ESE being piped in through the speakers on the GT350 of all cars, I couldn't believe it. But once I turned it off, @JAJ nailed it. It sounded like all of a sudden there was extra sound insulation. I wanted to like it with it off, but honestly....and I hate to admit it...but it sounds better when left on. It FEELS better to drive the car with it on.
I just leave one of the rear seats folded down at all times, lets more of the real exhaust note through.

Before I turned it off, I could almost swear the shit was giving me a headache.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I tried the "Internets" and this forum but to no avail. I am hoping to get the GT350 and R splash screen MP4 file. I would like to make a wallpaper out of the splash screen.

Thanks,

Harold
For shits and giggles I was going to try to find the files from when I updated to Sync 3.3. But then I saw your post in the technical forums. Did @phillou deliver?

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Posting a quick THANK YOU to jfabes and madlag. I recently installed a Lund tune, and handn't yet reloaded Forscan. You guys saved me a real headache by sharing this discussion! :)

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Posting a quick THANK YOU to jfabes and madlag. I recently installed a Lund tune, and handn't yet reloaded Forscan. You guys saved me a real headache by sharing this discussion! :)
Heheeh my ignorance always glad to help lol

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Hi guys, I have read this entire thread in one go. This took me awhile, and I may have gone a bit too fast here and there, but as I would really like to see how the auto-blip shift works, I was hoping one of you could point me in that direction if it is possible. I'm guessing it's not in this thread but that the parameter that needs changing is perhaps in another S550 FORScan thread unless I just missed it.

Cpove

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 2017 F150
Hey guys new owner here. Curious if anyone in the Forscan world ever found a way to turn off the active exhaust for 6th gear changes? never understoond why ford automatically changes the exhaust to quiet mode when shifting into six when you have a button 1 foot away from the steering wheel for that....

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Hey guys new owner here. Curious if anyone in the Forscan world ever found a way to turn off the active exhaust for 6th gear changes? never understoond why ford automatically changes the exhaust to quiet mode when shifting into six when you have a button 1 foot away from the steering wheel for that....
Only guess is that when in 6th its assumed you're going to be doing a highway cruse for a while so they want to cut down drone.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I just want to point out again that the Engine Sound Enhancement AKA Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) defeat that is listed in the GT350 spreadsheet is wrong.

For example, the lines in that spreadsheet for the 2017 Convenience Pack are stated like this:

ACM 727-01-01 1850 F000 44CC ANC disabled
ACM 727-01-01 1850 FA00 44D6 ANC enabled

Which would be better represented as this:

ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx ANC disabled
ACM 727-01-01 xxxx xAxx xxxx ANC enabled

But this is wrong. Putting a 0 in place of an A in that position doesn't just tell the ACM to turn off ANC, it also tells the ACM that the front tweeters are absent.

The correct value in place of an A is actually 8. That disables ANC and leaves everything else alone.

So the correct listing for that would be:

ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x8xx xxxx ANC disabled
ACM 727-01-01 xxxx xAxx xxxx ANC enabled

This is confirmed on my 2017 GT350 Tech Pack car.

Further, a more thorough defeat may also include:

ACM 727-01-02 xx00 xx ANC disabled
ACM 727-01-02 xx88 xx ANC enabled

Those lines appear to control the mixing by channel of the noise control.

And as it happens, if you do both of those, the as-built in your ACM will be identical to a similarly equipped GT's as-built, which comes from the factory with no ANC.
So going from this post, regaring this part and pllying it to my BULLITT:

And as it happens, if you do both of those, the as-built in your ACM will be identical to a similarly equipped GT's as-built, which comes from the factory with no ANC.

My line matches the ANC ENABLED like ending in 88, not 00. But regarding the upper part of that post, my settings dont match either of the examples of what should be in that line OEM so I'm not sure if they are enabled or disabled.

This is what my lines look like:
https://imgur.com/a/P3PU14n

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So going from this post, regaring this part and pllying it to my BULLITT:

My line matches the ANC ENABLED like ending in 88, not 00. But regarding the upper part of that post, my settings dont match either of the examples of what should be in that line OEM so I'm not sure if they are enabled or disabled.

This is what my lines look like:
https://imgur.com/a/P3PU14n

I believe the 2018+ have different as-built.

The 5.0's from 2015-2017 had the sound enhancement disabled from the factory, I haven't heard that they started using it in the 2018+ cars or the Bullitt but that doesn't mean they haven't.

This would be a better place to talk about this, since this thread is specific to the GT350: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/modifying-as-built-data-guide.61773/

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang