Status
Not open for further replies.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Errrrrr what? The PP2 is more track oriented than a GT-350 because of tires....lol.

I think you should just quit the internet.
:stop: Its time to stop feeding the troll :stop:
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Actually, you are confused. The non-R GT350 is a 4-seat coupe with regular street tires that work well on the street. There is nothing in it to suggest "dedicated track car".

The PP2, on the other hand, comes from the factory exclusively with Cup 2 tires, that are only suitable for circuit/track driving. They are horrible on the street.

So you got it all wrong. The PP2 is much more track oriented than the (non-R) GT-350.

GT 350 overheated. Law suits were filed. Ford fixed it.

You should accept that PP2 overheats. Ford should fix it. I can't imagine why anyone not on the FOrd payroll is trying to debate that.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
:stop: Its time to stop feeding the troll :stop:
Ah you are right. I was trying to help him out, so I gave him a pass. I will take my own advice and quit this thread :-)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
2016 GTPP, suspension work and 200TW tires.

The tracks I go to are Palmer, Thompson, NHMS, Canaan, MoSport and Watkins Glen.......this car usually does double duty of 25 minute sessions...so in the span of 2 hours it is on the track for 50 minutes and only gets about half an hour max to cooldown in the pits between runs. That right there I imagine causes much more heating issues than if you ran 20 minute sessions and had the car sit for several hours in between......
Here's the part I don't understand;

There is no actual temperature sensor in the diff, it's just software looking at other things, and guessing that the diff temps are too high and cutting power to limp-mode.

So, the exhaust wrap and fluid change shouldn't change anything. Since the car isn't actually reading the temp in the diff, the software should still be guessing that the diff temp is too high and killing the power.

I'm more confused than ever......

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
If I was really gling to track...id buy the base model any way and put in my own diff, power adders' tires brakes sway bars etc.

That can mess with the streetability and I guess the benefit of the pp2 is that you COULD drive it to work if you had to....

The PP1 to me makes little since though as the 6 piston brakes and beefed up tires and tighter suspension just add both maintenance and upfront costs while significantly reducing ride quality for daily use.

I mean, pick a horse. PP1 is neither great for the track nor great for the highway and street. It's just for stats.

I GUESS if I lived in the mountains with well kept twisties that were never occupied I might spring for the pp1....but those roads are always 4 deep in traffic going 10mph.

Auto cross weekends? Okay...PP2 maybe.

My take is you set it up for the track or the stoplight run....but trying to do this "half way" stuff is bad for the same reason that a cross over is both a shaty performing "car" while also managing to be a far less usable "van" or "truck".

Real Drag runners don't run low profile tires. Real Track drivers want their suspension so hard you can run over 46 cents and count it by the bumps. No one seems concerned with the damage to their chin spoiler and lower grill from highway driving or trying to exit a buddies apartment complex when the lower and stance it.

Basically the whole world has gone baty .

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If I was really gling to track...id buy the base model any way and put in my own diff, power adders' tires brakes sway bars etc.

That can mess with the streetability and I guess the benefit of the pp2 is that you COULD drive it to work if you had to....

The PP1 to me makes little since though as the 6 piston brakes and beefed up tires and tighter suspension just add both maintenance and upfront costs while significantly reducing ride quality for daily use.

I mean, pick a horse. PP1 is neither great for the track nor great for the highway and street. It's just for stats.

I GUESS if I lived in the mountains with well kept twisties that were never occupied I might spring for the pp1....but those roads are always 4 deep in traffic going 10mph.

Auto cross weekends? Okay...PP2 maybe.

My take is you set it up for the track or the stoplight run....but trying to do this "half way" stuff is bad for the same reason that a criss over is both a shaty performing "car" while also managing to be a far less usable "van" or "truck".
I DD a PP1 car in shitty, God-awful NoVa/DC traffic/streets every day. If the roads weren't 2x as bad as Detroit's, it would be just fine. And when I do head out west into the mountains, it's perfect.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
I DD a PP1 car in shitty, God-awful NoVa/DC traffic/streets every day. If the roads weren't 2x as bad as Detroit's, it would be just fine. And when I do head out west into the mountains, it's perfect.
There are def "good road cities" and "bad road cities". I sort of play to the bad ones as I don't want geographical restrictions in terms of damage and hassle though .

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
The PP1 - at least the 2015 package, is actually a great car. Even with Recaro's. We have taken ours from Northern California to Las Vegas to LA and back a couple times and the car is just super awesome sauce. Spirited drives through the Mojave no problems. Based on how the car handles now I would say it would never over heat due to driver skill level. Same applies to pushing the envelope. Next on the trip list is Northern Ca to Key West Florida and back :D

I tend to agree with people who track their car and what they would purchase a platform for then apply necessary things to track it. Preventative to check list pre and post runs. That is just being smart and safe.

OP
OP

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
What does "1sec/mile faster" mean?
Means that on a 2 mile track it will be roughly 2 seconds faster, but on a 3 mile track it will be roughly 3 seconds faster.

Just a way to illustrate the ballpark performance difference on your average track.

By way of comparison the PP2 is ~2seconds/mile faster than the PP1.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
It depends on the track too, I raced my PP2 on a short track where there was a lot of accelerating and shifting and it did over heat (stock fluid).

Who cares what magazines say,
Obviously the millions of readers/viewers that read the magazines care.

Obviously Ford cares, since they provided 2 Ford vehicles free of charge for the C&D to use in their test.

But the most important thing is that you did not publicize and warn other potential buyers that the PP2 overheats on track. It is one thing to buy it knowing it overheats. It is quite another to be suckered in, and only finding out after you spend the money for the car, the hotel, the track day fees that the car overheats after 3 laps.

So the magazines are good for that. For example, we found out on the C&D test that the Challenger Hellcat with all that horsepower does not overheat. We found out that the Turbo Camaro does not overheat. We found out that none of the other cars overheated. And, of course, we found out that the Mustang GT PP2 overheated.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Actually, you are confused. The non-R GT350 is a 4-seat coupe with regular street tires that work well on the street. There is nothing in it to suggest "dedicated track car".

The PP2, on the other hand, comes from the factory exclusively with Cup 2 tires, that are only suitable for circuit/track driving. They are horrible on the street.

So you got it all wrong. The PP2 is much more track oriented than the (non-R) GT-350.

GT 350 overheated. Law suits were filed. Ford fixed it.

You should accept that PP2 overheats. Ford should fix it. I can't imagine why anyone not on the FOrd payroll is trying to debate that.
2019 all GT350's come with SC2's. So the non-R became a dedicated track car now also.

Ford should put SC2R's on the 350R imo.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
But the most important thing is that you did not publicize and warn other potential buyers that the PP2 overheats on track. It is one thing to buy it knowing it overheats. It is quite another to be suckered in, and only finding out after you spend the money for the car, the hotel, the track day fees that the car overheats after 3 laps.
Obviously, you can't read very well. The following excerpt was taken directly from the owner's manual of my 2018 Mustang GT PP2:

"Using your vehicle on a dedicated road course may result in degraded function and failure of major systems such as the engine, transmission and rear axle due to the overheating of these systems. If you intend to use your vehicle on a dedicated road course, we suggest that you equip your vehicle with racing-type coolers to protect these three systems."

There dumbass! Ford obviously didn't try to dupe you or anyone else. Go crawl back under your bridge!

Status
Not open for further replies.