Sponsored

Preview: Diode Dynamics LED Turn Signal Housings!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
We are all waiting, LOL!

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Update on my so far..

Seems to be all working correctly.

I went inside the bumper and ziped tied up the wires to help secure the connections and has all seemed fine since. It definitely had some kinda connection issue on the passanger side in the housing. I guess time will tell, all is good so far...

Love the look, but wished it matched the DRL in the headlights little closer.. but still looks great!!

Last edited:

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Right there with you, a pain to install. I did my when I put the Roush bumper on the front.

I am hoping the passanger side continues to work, but I don't have my hopes up. It seems to be something in the wiring going into the light itself.

Will keep everybody updated.

Hopefully DD will chime in and maybe give some insight.
I have having this same exact issue. Passenger side is flaky. When holding / moving the led board\bulb immitation for the DRL it will come on, as soon as you screw the base onto the housing it goes out. tapping\touching the led board brings it on again until you let go. Defi nitely a short \ wiring issue. I guess i need to talk to diode soon about this.

Sponsored

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
Hi guys,

I installed mine yesterday. I checked if they would work before putting everything back together. All was good.
Today, things started to get wonky. Turn signal sound inside the car was different than yesterday. And sure enough the turn signals were not working at all anymore.
So I shut down the car, then turned ignition back on. Turn signals were operating normally again. I left them on for more than a minute, no problems.
When I restarted my car the problems came back. Turn signals would work for about 20-25 times each side before they shut off.

I can easily reproduce it. Ignition on - all is good. Engine on - turns stop working after 20 on off cycles. The BCM shows a DTC for both front turns: short to ground.

Thoughts? Any help is highly appreciated. Installation was a PITA and I rather wouldn’t wanna go through it again

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Installed these yesterday via removing the belly pan. Bit of a PITA on the passenger side due to the wiper fluid tank, but the drivers side was a breeze. One issue was the blade connectors for the DRL bit passenger side would not snap in for a long time ... but at least I know now it won’t b coming loose based on how hard it was to get in! Shades of the 4th brake light install lol. I also had the deal where the switch was moving to EUR in the socket as the board is a bit long, so like others I just pushed the switch into the housing without attaching it to the socket, then sealed the opening with the socket.

Looks great, 2 days in working great. Did the rear sidemarkers at the same time, along with the 4th brake light it’s all really striking at night.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
I opened up a RMA request for my driver side with them today looking for a replacement passenger side.

Quality of this product seems good for the most part, although id expect a little better Q/A and design for $220.

1. turn signal bulbs\boards are a big long so when selecting the USA switch on board for that sequence timing and pushing it in the socket, it ends up clicking over to EU.
2. Wiring inside should looked at getting redone some how as my passenger side has become flaky \ not working as only some leds are dimly lit if at all. Sometimes wiggling the housing causes them to flicker.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
The nice thing about DD is they will work to make any problem right. I'm still waiting a few more months before I spring for this, maybe a v2. I really don't want to have to install these twice :)

Sponsored

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
The nice thing about DD is they will work to make any problem right. I'm still waiting a few more months before I spring for this, maybe a v2. I really don't want to have to install these twice :)
OF course! I totally believe in them and appreciate their quick turn around and above average customer support! I will continue to buy their products and recommend them as a top aftermarket lighting company until they convince me otherwise.

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
So I finally installed my turn signals.. They look great and function fine other than the galloping turn signal indicator in the dash.. I thought these were supposed to prevent that.. Am I missing so something?

Edit.. Seems everything has been fine since the initial galloping.. All is well..

Last edited:

Nicolas52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Ecoboost
Hi Guy,
did you solve your issues ?
I've just received mine and was looking for the way you connected it.
Could you give me some informations before i start the installation ?
:thumbsup:

Thanks,
Nicolas.

Hi guys,

I installed mine yesterday. I checked if they would work before putting everything back together. All was good.
Today, things started to get wonky. Turn signal sound inside the car was different than yesterday. And sure enough the turn signals were not working at all anymore.
So I shut down the car, then turned ignition back on. Turn signals were operating normally again. I left them on for more than a minute, no problems.
When I restarted my car the problems came back. Turn signals would work for about 20-25 times each side before they shut off.

I can easily reproduce it. Ignition on - all is good. Engine on - turns stop working after 20 on off cycles. The BCM shows a DTC for both front turns: short to ground.

Thoughts? Any help is highly appreciated. Installation was a PITA and I rather wouldn’t wanna go through it again

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Been a month since waiting on my replacement...
Sponsored