Free front swaybar mod

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So after looking at the Ford parts website it appers there are 2 different front sway bars for the Mustang GT's and there is a $35 some dollar difference. So I assume the added pressed on bushings are an upgrade.
Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If the sway bar can't rotate then it can't do its job! It should be replaced under warranty no?
It flex's and moves just won't rotate very far, and when you push it either way it springs right back. I'm guessing this is apart of the upgraded PP.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
It flex's and moves just won't rotate very far, and when you push it either way it springs right back. I'm guessing this is apart of the upgraded PP.
I don't think so. Rotation is what makes the sway bar work. Flexing is what makes the sway bar NOT work. You will not convince me that they included an inferior sway bar in the PP.

Rotation allows the sway bar to push the other side of the car when one side leans over during cornering. Flex does the opposite.

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Then lets say then the rotation is limited, it has a very strong base. If there is an issuse then it would be good to know. Handling is everything to my project.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Then have it checked out. Maybe they installed a PP sway bar in non-PP bushings? It would explain your situation.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The PP front bar has what's called "sticky bushings", that are part of the bar itself.

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I like the idea, and it makes sense. Go FORD on this one.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Finally got the bushings cut off. Delrin sleeves/bushings on along with lock collars on my moded bar, I went ahead and trimmed the excess off and grinded it smooth. The next time I have to test will be after SEMA at the Optima's Ultimate Street Car shootout, so hopefully it works!!
IMG_0452.jpg

Reactions: DR_

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Out of curiosity, has any GT350 owner confirmed their front swaybar is linked in this fashion?

Sponsored

Syracuse315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Finally got the bushings cut off. Delrin sleeves/bushings on along with lock collars on my moded bar, I went ahead and trimmed the excess off and grinded it smooth. The next time I have to test will be after SEMA at the Optima's Ultimate Street Car shootout, so hopefully it works!!
Just to clarify with the GT PP, in addition to drilling the new hole on the sway bar, the bushings will need to be replaced as well?

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
Tried to do this today and seemed like none of the bits were cutting the metal and I was trying for like an 1 1/2 hours and only got a small hole punched through. Any advice to make this process less of a pain?

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT