Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Thank you, that link was a helpful response. I am not sure what you are talking about when you say the word conspiracy. It sounds like you are trying to discredit people for asking questions that you have decided are not worthy questions to ask about. Your response sounded very judgmental and when people behave this way, it suggests that the topic is probably important since so many people get upset about it.
Or you are imparting your own emotional response into my words.

You said "flat earth movement" which means there are those who think that the earth is a sphere is some kind of conspiracy. How else would you word it?

My next question to you would be, have you ever flown anywhere, ever? Ever look at the horizon as you approach a land mass? You don't see it...then you have a sliver of land...then it becomes a larger piece of land as it rises into the horizon. This isn't possible with a "flat earth" theory. And secondly, if the sun, moon, all the planets in our own solar system, and stars in the galaxy are round (as can be verified by anyone with a telescope)....why would the Earth be flat?

OP
OP

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
You are right, The flat earth movement does qualify as a conspiracy theory. I am trying to see if anyone will discuss it in a manner that is not argumentative.

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
psychological projection, much?

Edit: You modified your post as I was quoting yours and it deleted the quotes when I submitted on your original post previous to this one

OP
OP

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
Okay

My next question to you would be, have you ever flown anywhere, ever? Ever look at the horizon as you approach a land mass? You don't see it...then you have a sliver of land...then it becomes a larger piece of land as it rises into the horizon. This isn't possible with a "flat earth" theory. And secondly, if the sun, moon, all the planets in our own solar system, and stars in the galaxy are round (as can be verified by anyone with a telescope)....why would the Earth be flat?
Let me watch some ISS videos and then I will come back here. It sounds like these videos show enough data to verify the earth's spherical proportions.

Sponsored

OP
OP

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
Okay

psychological projection, much?

Edit: You modified your post as I was quoting yours and it deleted the quotes when I submitted on your original post previous to this one
Whatever I changed, I changed it because I felt that I was not making my point. I am only responding to you because I am seeing that your focus is only on me but you are not talking about the topic at all. I promise I am not looking for your approval at all.

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Yellowragtop you are not the thought police and you sound very emotional and angry. And no one here is looking for approval from you. Right now, you seem to act like the person who made the comments about your facts being inaccurate, needed to first check with you for authorization to discuss his thoughts. It is strange that you feel that your thoughts are above everyone else right now.
See what I did there...

However, before you respond....be very clear, that it is not your approval that I seek.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Daltron you are not the thought police and you sound very emotional and angry. And no one here is looking for approval from you. Right now, you seem to act like the person who made his own youtube video telling his 200 reasons for his beliefs, needed to first check with you for authorization to discuss his thoughts. It is strange that you feel that your thoughts are above everyone else right now.
lol, my thoughts? Scientific facts aren't my "thoughts", but hey I appreciate you attributing scientific findings to my name!

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
It's times like this that I wish I still smoked. I'd have a nice long smoke session and then see if there were any way possible I could relate. Then I'd laugh hysterically at the shear lunacy of it. And repeat...

FYI - Flights closer to the poles follow an arc exactly because the earth is round. It make for a shorter flight.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It's times like this that I wish I still smoked. I'd have a nice long smoke session and then see if there were any way possible I could relate. Then I'd laugh hysterically at the shear lunacy of it. And repeat...

FYI - Flights closer to the poles follow an arc exactly because the earth is round. It make for a shorter flight.
Flights anywhere over long distance make an arc...period lol
Sponsored